Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless they just changed it, I finally found the forums at the top under the "Learn More" heading.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at the site on an iPad. How do I get to my cart?? I got it to pop up when I added something, but can’t find it (or my wishlist) on the nav bars...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    In general I do like the redesign. Except I have one pretty major issue with it: You've COMPLETELY buried the forums. You've lumped it in in the very bottom among all the other social media links. If I were a new customer, it's so completely buried that I wouldn't think to click on the link, and I would never meet all the wonderful people who are part of this community!

I always thought it was great that the link to the forums was right at the top before. I know everyone likes Instagram, FB and Twitter now, but THIS place is different. Could you please consider moving the link to a little more prominence, please? I feel like we'll just wilt on the vine.

I second that, the forum need to be in a preeminent place because it is usually the place when somebody interested in investing in durable bags becomes a customer. Nothing replaces real life experiences with gear, shared with another person.

I am also confused by the "more" heading, The "Most Popular Misc" link is not working.

The Heading could be Gear and Stuff (or straps).

The sub headings could be: TB, Dog and include all the Straps because having the Absolute Strap in one place and all the others in another is confusing.

Testing is done on Ubuntu with Chrome browser.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the option to use Apple Pay gone? I just ordered some things, but that is no longer an option.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, I just typed up a whole response and lost it! Anyway… onward…

Thanks to everyone for your help testing the functionality of the new navigation. We like to add specialized functionality to our website to make the experience better for everyone and sometimes that can add extra complication to website updates.

Quote Originally Posted by kmw View Post
    Also, I'm finding that the Recently Viewed Bags dropdown seems to disappear when I'm on certain product pages. E.g., I clicked over to the Small Cafe Bag via the megamenu (Home > Original Cafe Shoulder Bag link), and Recently Viewed Bags is missing from the page. Same with on the Daylight Backpack page (which I got to via Home > Everyday Carry Backpacks > Daylight Backpack). Recently Viewed Bags IS, however, showing up on the Synapse 19 page (Everyday Carry Backpacks > Synapse 19) and the Medium Cafe Bag page (reached via Recently Viewed on Synapse 19 page). I'm using Safari on an iMac at the moment.
    This was quite the doozy to fix, but now it is fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by steeps View Post
    I noticed on my iPad the top navigation isn’t sticky so it disappears right away and you can’t select anything.
    This is a bit of a tricky one. We’re going to test some solutions and, hopefully, by early next week the experience will be improved. In the meantime, the experience is similar to how the mobile version of our website works.

Quote Originally Posted by NWhikergal View Post
    For some reason the only way I can get the "Truck" to appear on the site is to do a search, unlike the pre-order zip top shop bags, which automatically are displayed on the duffels and totes pages. Will you be adding that to the totes page? I have not located a "new" section. Otherwise, the searchable added categories are very helpful. I also had trouble getting inputting my email address for notifications on the new items using Firefox on a MacBook Pro, but that might be a settings issue, as I was able to on my phone, no problem.
    The Truck is now on the Duffels & Totes page. We don’t plan to add a “new” section. Glad the categories are helpful. The Firefox issue was another doozy, but we figured it out.

Note for anyone who is using the newer beta version of Firefox: we don't usually trouble shoot problems in beta browsers because it's all so subject to change / could be a beta bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveltech View Post
    Looking at the site on an iPad. How do I get to my cart?? I got it to pop up when I added something, but can’t find it (or my wishlist) on the nav bars...
    This was fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingphysicist View Post
    Is the option to use Apple Pay gone? I just ordered some things, but that is no longer an option.
    Sadly, Apple Pay doesn’t play nice with other parts of the website so we’ve disabled it. We hope a future update solves the issues so we can once again offer it as a payment method. (I use Apple Pay when I buy stuff and I like it quite a lot.)
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where is the link for the blog now?

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gathiel View Post
    Where is the link for the blog now?
    on the main site, under "learn more" - top menu under the logo... (or up top on the forums menu)
    List under construction ....

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, I could find it that way on my laptop, thank you! I’d been on mobile and couldn’t find a link through the main site, just through the forum. Growing pains!

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! You've been busy, @darcy!

It's been a busy week (on-call this week and next), so I'm just catching up. I haven't had a chance yet to play extensively with the website changes, but I really like what I've seen so far! I have to say -- getting websites to play with different browsers on different operating systems, and now on mobile and tablet devices, isn't an easy task!

Thank you for investing the time and effort for making the website experience even better than it already is!

Just a quick thought -- I really like that I can search for a color and find bags that offered or will be offered in that color! For some reason, where, if I am looking at a product category, e.g. Briefcases, I can click on a color square and see that bag in that color; in the search results, that feature doesn't show previews of the item in that color.

I also really, really like the About Us page, @backpack!
    -m

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    This was quite the doozy to fix, but now it is fixed.
    Confirmed on this end!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2