Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Montana
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Redesgned Website!

The redesigned website looks great! Looking forward to exploring all the functions!
    Navy/Wasabi S25, Sitka Mini OP,
    Nordic/Iberian SE, Nordic PCSB, Navy Medium Clear OP, Iberian 8" Key Strap, Ultraviolet 8" Key Strap,
    Black/NWS SK, Ultraviolet Large OP, Fjord Small TT, Verde Small Double OP, Island Origami Swan, Island 3D OP , Island SSC , Nordic/NWS LCB, Multi Color Clear OW

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, just saw the new layout - it looks quite nice!

It looks like the Hero's Journey is disco'd? Did we know that?

EDIT: Looks like it hit the Blog last night
    https://blog.tombihn.com/heros-journ...-retired-maybe
    Last edited by G42; 07-19-2018 at 11:16 AM.

Forum Member
    New England
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree! I really like the new navigation.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who knew somebody could be emotional about a website. I just read the new "About Us" section. It is uplifting!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOVE the Recently Viewed Bags option!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much for the timely feedback! Part of our intent in making website updates is to make things better or easier for you guys and getting feedback about those updates helps us know if that intent translated into actual usefulness or not.

We're still making minor updates to the new navigation. As you use it, do let me know if you notice anything buggy or that could be optimized or if there's additional categories we could add to the mega-menu dropdowns. I just switched on a notice bar that may appear from time-to-time when we have something to announce, like Tuesday's pre-order. Smilie
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I'm on a product page, the drop down menus on the new navigation bar go away when my cursor overlaps with the product image, which makes it impossible to click a lot of the links. I'm using Safari on a MacBook Pro.

Minneapolis
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by possibleday View Post
    When I'm on a product page, the drop down menus on the new navigation bar go away when my cursor overlaps with the product image, which makes it impossible to click a lot of the links. I'm using Safari on a MacBook Pro.
    Ditto, but I am in Chrome on a MacBook
    "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares. ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

The far west
    Mentioned
    435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by possibleday View Post
    That's not good -- thought we fixed that. Working on it right now. Thanks for letting us know.

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Thank you so much for the timely feedback! Part of our intent in making website updates is to make things better or easier for you guys and getting feedback about those updates helps us know if that intent translated into actual usefulness or not.

We're still making minor updates to the new navigation. As you use it, do let me know if you notice anything buggy or that could be optimized or if there's additional categories we could add to the mega-menu dropdowns. I just switched on a notice bar that may appear from time-to-time when we have something to announce, like Tuesday's pre-order. Smilie
    Two things I just noticed:

The link to the Original Cafe Bag in the megamenu goes to the Small Cafe Bag, but the website says the Medium Cafe Bag is the original version.

Also, I'm finding that the Recently Viewed Bags dropdown seems to disappear when I'm on certain product pages. E.g., I clicked over to the Small Cafe Bag via the megamenu (Home > Original Cafe Shoulder Bag link), and Recently Viewed Bags is missing from the page. Same with on the Daylight Backpack page (which I got to via Home > Everyday Carry Backpacks > Daylight Backpack). Recently Viewed Bags IS, however, showing up on the Synapse 19 page (Everyday Carry Backpacks > Synapse 19) and the Medium Cafe Bag page (reached via Recently Viewed on Synapse 19 page). I'm using Safari on an iMac at the moment.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I just switched on a notice bar that may appear from time-to-time when we have something to announce, like Tuesday's pre-order. Smilie
    I think it's a cool idea, but maybe too small or you need a more pronounced colour contrast to the bar below... even knowing it was there it took me a moment to 'notice' it.

The far west
    Mentioned
    435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The issue reported by @possibleday was fixed a couple of hours ago.

Quote Originally Posted by kmw View Post
    Also, I'm finding that the Recently Viewed Bags dropdown seems to disappear when I'm on certain product pages. E.g., I clicked over to the Small Cafe Bag via the megamenu (Home > Original Cafe Shoulder Bag link), and Recently Viewed Bags is missing from the page. Same with on the Daylight Backpack page (which I got to via Home > Everyday Carry Backpacks > Daylight Backpack). Recently Viewed Bags IS, however, showing up on the Synapse 19 page (Everyday Carry Backpacks > Synapse 19) and the Medium Cafe Bag page (reached via Recently Viewed on Synapse 19 page). I'm using Safari on an iMac at the moment.
    Ahh, I see that too -- thanks. We'll be working on getting that dropdown to play nice with the rest of the site tomorrow. Smilie

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed on my iPad the top navigation isn’t sticky so it disappears right away and you can’t select anything.

Forum Member
    Virginia
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For some reason the only way I can get the "Truck" to appear on the site is to do a search, unlike the pre-order zip top shop bags, which automatically are displayed on the duffels and totes pages. Will you be adding that to the totes page? I have not located a "new" section. Otherwise, the searchable added categories are very helpful. I also had trouble getting inputting my email address for notifications on the new items using Firefox on a MacBook Pro, but that might be a settings issue, as I was able to on my phone, no problem.
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Northern California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In general I do like the redesign. Except I have one pretty major issue with it: You've COMPLETELY buried the forums. You've lumped it in in the very bottom among all the other social media links. If I were a new customer, it's so completely buried that I wouldn't think to click on the link, and I would never meet all the wonderful people who are part of this community!

I always thought it was great that the link to the forums was right at the top before. I know everyone likes Instagram, FB and Twitter now, but THIS place is different. Could you please consider moving the link to a little more prominence, please? I feel like we'll just wilt on the vine. Frown

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast