Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Near San Jose, California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you'd consider a Maker's bag, I have one in Original Halcyon (with a gray halcyon interior) that I'd happy to send you free of charge. It's a great bag, it's just not the bag for me. I realized I prefer backpacks to single shoulder bags.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG are you serious? That is such an incredibly kind offer because Iím definitely short of cash at the moment. Iíd love it and am sold on the bag for sure. And 100% Iíll pay it forward someday. I did the same thing with my Tristar actually. Wasnít that broke two years ago and just passed it on to someone who needed a bag as a gift.

Yes please. Iíll take you up on that offer.

Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Darcy or Mike was not able to find one for you lying around the factory?
    Last edited by jmachats; 07-25-2018 at 11:44 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I decided not to bother them. I think another imago would remind me too much of the one I lost. Sorry I know this sounds melodramatic but I had some serious serious memories with that bag. Itís been with me around the world. The thing became my trademark for a while because even in official portrait shots or interviews it was usually hanging from my shoulder. Wierd it was like losing an old friend. Iíll move on to the makers bag and have taken up Kellyís kind offer.

Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eVolcre View Post
    I decided not to bother them. I think another imago would remind me too much of the one I lost. Sorry I know this sounds melodramatic but I had some serious serious memories with that bag. It’s been with me around the world. The thing became my trademark for a while because even in official portrait shots or interviews it was usually hanging from my shoulder. Wierd it was like losing an old friend. I’ll move on to the makers bag and have taken up Kelly’s kind offer.
    I know exactly what you mean: your moments and memories are specific to that bag - it would be like replacing a beloved family German Shepard with just any old German Shepard.

I felt that way when my Polaroid 680 got stolen: I didn't want to get out of bed - I was depressed for weeks!

I actually have a Cocoa/Wasabi Imago. It's a pretty nifty bag. I don't use it alot but when I do it's for short trips (to the local library, stepping out the house for an hour or so) but one time I came back with more than I expected and somehow that thing managed to squeeze all I had inside!

I hope you like the Maker's Bag. I'm thinking about getting one myself

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It definitely can be loaded up. On my international trips it carries a 11Ē MBA in a book book sleeve (not skinny) passport and credit card case, kindle, Bose over the ear headphones in a case. Thatís usually the main compartment. Outside zipper has meds. Side pockets pens. The front open flap immediate boarding passes and AirPods. It can definitely be loaded.

Forum Member
    Virginia, Paris, Berlin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel you pain! I would be lost without my Imago. (even though it is BLACK!)
    Bring back a limited edition? Please?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Instant buy for me. Whatever color or material it is. Itís an absolutely superb day bag that also works to carry a laptop in a cache for travel.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eVolcre View Post
    Thanks for any and all advice. Or maybe Darcy will take pity on me and find an imago somewhere in the back room.
    My heart sank when I first read this @eVolcre! I'm so sorry your beloved Imago was lost. My first hope is that somehow it makes its way back to you and my second hope is that whoever finds it can put it to some good use (who knows what kind of adventure it's having right now?!) Sadly, we don't have any Imagos around that we can send your way. Wish we did!
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Darcy! Long time. It hasnít come back and I like your second point. Itís probably in the village where I have my writing shack. Hope itís being put to good use.

Our community banded together. Helped me decide on the makers bag. And then kellyS SENT me a makers bag completely out of the goodness of her heart. Made me cry I tell ya.

Ciao ciao. K

I looooooved that bag more than some people love pets I think. 8 years and I think I carried it every single day. Oh well. Perhaps it got tired of all my adventures and needed to retire.
    Last edited by eVolcre; 07-30-2018 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Autocorrect!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2