Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Minneapolis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    perhaps this will inspire us to design with a Daylight Messenger.
    That's a bag I would be interested in... I am always on the lookout for something to replace my Imago if something ever happens to it. (or, you know, the Imago could just come back Wink )
    "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares. ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

The Earth, we share.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me too. I'm not so sure whether the new DLBC could be as versatile as my Grey Cordura DLBC, as I am aiming for Black/Viridian combo. Too bad Frown
    I usually one shoulder my DLBC but I also have been messenger-carry recently especially my son want to be carried from home to his car seat - every morning to his Nanny home.

I find messenger-carry DLBC while holding my son allow more stability and ease of movement. Not just holding him, I would need to navigate out to the car seat and place him there. Close and lock the home door. Sometimes, preparing his water bottle at the last minute, as he like to drink during the car ride. I personally may not as multi-tasking as my wife though! Haha.

Ah.. I wish to add one or two my wishlist for the Daylight Messenger.
    I'm fine without flap. but I hope the depth is more generous.
    Last edited by weirdguy; 08-02-2018 at 07:15 PM.
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    Have you considered the Parental Unit? If you do not carry big bulky items, it is a fantastic bag. It can hold an iPad inside the main pocket, or an iPad mini in the outer crescent shaped pockets. If you like lots of pockets then it is a great choice.
    I'm not a fan of the styling, personally. I'll probably ultimately grab the daylight briefcase again (I had one, returned it). Just hope it comes back in stock, I could use it soon.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the shoulder strap is now too long. I am not short (5' 9"), but I'd like to wear it on my side with my arm and elbow on top of the bag (just like the the guy in the TB video on the DLBC page). I shortened the strap as much as possible (there is a limit due to the rubber shoulder pad), but it is still too long. I guess it's due to now much higher snaphook positions.

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgets View Post
    I think the shoulder strap is now too long. I am not short (5' 9"), but I'd like to wear it on my side with my arm and elbow on top of the bag (just like the the guy in the TB video on the DLBC page). I shortened the strap as much as possible (there is a limit due to the rubber shoulder pad), but it is still too long. I guess it's due to now much higher snaphook positions.
    The rubber shoulder pad gives me the same problem. I am not short, either, though I am a woman and I suspect those straps are designed for a tallish man.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The rubber shoulder pad gives me the same problem. I am not short, either, though I am a woman and I suspect those straps are designed for a tallish man.
    The shoulder pad can be moved to the other side of the tri glide piece (that is, the shoulder pad can be placed on the doubled-up side of the strap). It's a little tricky but not impossible to wiggle the pad off the snaphook on one end and wiggle it back on over the snaphook on the other side. This applies for both the plastic pad in the Simple Strap and the larger pad of the Standard Strap.

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
    The shoulder pad can be moved to the other side of the tri glide piece (that is, the shoulder pad can be placed on the doubled-up side of the strap). It's a little tricky but not impossible to wiggle the pad off the snaphook on one end and wiggle it back on over the snaphook on the other side. This applies for both the plastic pad in the Simple Strap and the larger pad of the Standard Strap.
    Perhaps we have different era straps?

I have successfully moved one of the fabric pads on one of my Standard straps over the triglide, but I couldn't do it on the other (the nylon webbing was thicker).

As for the rubber pads on my Simple Straps, there is absolutely no way it is going around either the triglide or the snaphook.

I was surprised at how different my two Standard Straps felt but one is a bit older than the other.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps we have different era straps?
    Hmmm, that's possible. But I've had several different TB 1 1/2 inch straps from over the last three? years and have removed and replaced the pads off of all them. Usually I prefer to leave off the pad entirely, sometimes I put it on the doubled part of the strap, and if I swap the bag, I always put the pad back on the factory-default side.

It does require a little force and pushing the large snaphook at an angle while squeezing open the slot in the pad. I didn't mean to imply I was able to just slide it off! The snaphooks on the straps I have had were still slightly wider than the slots.

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
    Hmmm, that's possible. But I've had several different TB 1 1/2 inch straps from over the last three? years and have removed and replaced the pads off of all them. Usually I prefer to leave off the pad entirely, sometimes I put it on the doubled part of the strap, and if I swap the bag, I always put the pad back on the factory-default side.

It does require a little force and pushing the large snaphook at an angle while squeezing open the slot in the pad. I didn't mean to imply I was able to just slide it off! The snaphooks on the straps I have had were still slightly wider than the slots.
    I really take my hat off to you, that is very impressive! I just had another go, trying to push the snaphook through at various angles, and I couldn't even get a little bit of it through. You have an amazing skill!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2