Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Boston; she/her
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    That would be really neat. TB doesn't manufacture buckles though, and it is possible their supplier doesn't do custom ones. But it sure would be a good solution for people who like the swivel hook.
    I think what @Trebor had in mind might be a Gatekeeper Rail Clip but with one end replaced by a triangle. That's something that I believe would be in TB's power to make, if it's something they think would be a good addition to their stock.

Photo of the Gatekeeper Rail Clip from the Parts page, for easy reference:
    Please bring back the snaphook on the SK.-screen-shot-2019-03-03-5-42-45-pm-png

And @Trebor, I just noticed that was your first post here. Welcome to the Forums!

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    I think what @Trebor had in mind might be a Gatekeeper Rail Clip but with one end replaced by a triangle. That's something that I believe would be in TB's power to make, if it's something they think would be a good addition to their stock.

Photo of the Gatekeeper Rail Clip from the Parts page, for easy reference:
    Please bring back the snaphook on the SK.-screen-shot-2019-03-03-5-42-45-pm-png

And @Trebor, I just noticed that was your first post here. Welcome to the Forums!
    Wow, what a good idea! That would be a most welcome addition to the parts page, as far as I am concerned.

Welcome, @Trebor !

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad you guys asked because I meant to respond here, but things got busy / it slipped my mind.

The adapter solution used/recommended/asked about by @Wanderlust 77 @Buffalonian and @Trebor would present the same problem the original attachment point placement did: for a minority of people, the snaphook making contact with the zipper of the bag could result in the snaphook abrading the zipper. (For those who don't have the full scoop on this, see this blog post: Updates to Snaphook Attachment Point Placement) We did think of making the adapter really, really long -- like 3-4" long -- so the snaphook wouldn't come in contact with the zipper, but that results in an awkward carrying experience (not to mention it looks pretty strange too.)

Sorry -- I wish that adapter was a solution, too.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the welcoming me to this forum! That's exactly what I am suggesting. I also believe this is an accessory that Tom Bihn could produce. This way one can swap different straps. Darcy...please run this this by the folks at Tom Bihn. Here is a picture that shows what someone made.Please bring back the snaphook on the SK.-dd8c3ed1-2561-4c46-838a-a1822f134bc2-jpg

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust77 View Post
    I have a few SKs with the old snaphook strap and a couple new ones with the gatekeeper strap. I made a modification so I can use the original strap with my newer SKs. I purchased a pack of triangle attachments on Amazon. Then I cut the gatekeepers off of the new strap and cut two pieces of that strap. I slipped a piece of strap through the gatekeeper slot and through the triangle attachment and stitched the strap ends together, melting the edges so they donít fray. Attachment 20958
    Thanks! Sorry if I missed this, but can you post the link to this Amazon piece? I too have new and old Side Kicks, and the gatekeeper connection doesn't work well for me.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Atlanta, GA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    Thanks! Sorry if I missed this, but can you post the link to this Amazon piece? I too have new and old Side Kicks, and the gatekeeper connection doesn't work well for me.
    If you search metal adjuster triangle or plastic adjuster triangle, you'll find it. It appears to come in 1" or 1.5" widths. HTH.

Long live Burnt Orange! Zest! 152!

Boston; she/her
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Thanks for the welcoming me to this forum! That's exactly what I am suggesting. I also believe this is an accessory that Tom Bihn could produce. This way one can swap different straps. Darcy...please run this this by the folks at Tom Bihn. Here is a picture that shows what someone made.
    Hey Trebor, I think you may have missed Darcy's reply right above yours, where she explained that they'd considered it and regretfully decided it wasn't a good solution. Darcy is the primary voice of the folks at Tom Bihn here on the forums. Smilie
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    Las Vegas
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the one that I used. (I’ve never attached a link before, so I hope this works.)
    Tianbang Gun Black Triangle Buckle String and Bandage Connector 1" Oval Diameter Pack of 10 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0105P2HSW..._rdQFCbHX9FBY4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4