Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

List - Small Shop Bag

Ok folks, here's my thought... I think many of us would like to have an easy reference for what colours a given item has been produced in, so let's try crowd sourcing this... thanks in advance to @Moriond who is always a font of knowledge and will help keep us straight Smilie

I'm particularly fond of the Small Shop Bag, so I'm starting this thread to try to get a consistent list

If you KNOW of a colour missing on this list, post a reply with a complete (just copy & paste vs quote) updated list... that way, hopefully the most recent post will have the most up to date list - sound good?

Likes are great...but I'm hoping if we keep this thread reasonably compact with a minimum of side commentary, it will be a good future resource that's easy to find in search... if you want to start another item, try to use the same thread naming format of 'List - item name'
    Note, this is about the basic colours/materials, not the release date, etc....so I'm ignoring the dyneema/halcyon naming, etc.

Small Shop Bag

Solar 200 halcyon
    (original) Nordic (white grid) 400 halcyon
    Original (white grid) (black) 400 halcyon
    Nordic (dark grid) 200 halcyon
    Steel 400 halcyon
    Fjord 200 halcyon
    Nordic 200 halcyon
    Monarch 200 halcyon
    Sitka 200 halcyon
    Zest 200 halcyon
    Island 200 halcyon
    Wasabi 200 halcyon
    Iberian 200 halcyon
    Northwest Sky 200 halcyon
    Ultraviolet 200 halcyon
    Viridian 210 ballistic
    Grass 210 ballistic
    Dawn 210 ballistic
    Canyon 210 ballistic
    Black 210 ballistic
    Last edited by G42; 08-02-2018 at 08:38 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post

If you KNOW of a colour missing on this list, post a reply with a complete (just copy & paste vs quote) updated list... that way, hopefully the most recent post will have the most up to date list - sound good?
    Small Shop Bag (Updated List, with brief comments for additions)

Steel 200 halcyon -- the original Shop Bag release (when there was only 1 size)
    Sapphire 200 halcyon -- a few shop bags were made in what was left of Sapphire Dyneema; you can see this color in @maverick's original video describing how to fold the Shop Bag
    Solar 200 halcyon
    (original) Nordic (white grid) 400 halcyon
    Original (white grid) (black) 400 halcyon
    Nordic (dark grid) 400 halcyon -- corrected this to be 400 halcyon, instead of 200
    Black (dark grid) 400 halcyon -- excerpted forum picture appended below to show this
    Steel 400 halcyon
    Fjord 200 halcyon
    Nordic 200 halcyon
    Monarch 200 halcyon
    Sitka 200 halcyon
    Zest 200 halcyon
    Island 200 halcyon
    Wasabi 200 halcyon
    Iberian 200 halcyon
    Northwest Sky 200 halcyon
    Ultraviolet 200 halcyon
    Viridian 210 ballistic
    Grass 210 ballistic
    Dawn 210 ballistic
    Canyon 210 ballistic
    Black 210 ballistic[/QUOTE]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=34bCKoCmBpU -- @maverick's video with Sapphire Shop Bag

If the appended images are extraneous to the simple list forum at of this thread, let me know, and I'll go through and delete them.
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Hi @carrot,

I've been carrying a small shop bag in Sapphire folded/rolled up in the front right pocket of my Synapse for eight years without damage. I know that it has to be that long, because only a very few shop bags were made up in Sapphire Dyneema (now called Halcyon), after the shop bags first debuted in November 2008, and they all sold out before Christmas.

<snip>

Here are some excerpted pictures of Small Shop Bags rolled into the Small Q-Kit (including that long suffering Sapphire Shop Bag of mine from 2008)

I'll embed a couple of pictures of the Sapphire Small Shop Bag rolled up in a Burnt Orange Small Q-KIt from my post (#21) in the So what did you order? March 10th releases thread.

<snip>
    HTH

moriond
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    For people who want to see the Black Halcyon Shop Bags, here's a recently arrived Small Shop Bag next to a Small Kiwi Ballistic Nylon Organizer Pouch from the same shipment:

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 08-02-2018 at 11:02 PM.