Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

List - Large Travel Tray

As with the Small Shop Bags... the idea is many of us would like to have an easy reference for what colours a given item has been produced in, so let's try crowd sourcing this...

If you KNOW of a colour missing on this list, post a reply with a complete (just copy & paste vs quote) updated list... that way, hopefully the most recent post will have the most up to date list - sound good?

Likes are great...but I'm hoping if we keep this thread reasonably compact with a minimum of side commentary, it will be a good future resource that's easy to find in search... if you want to start another item, try to use the same thread naming format of 'List - item name'

Note, this is about the basic colours/materials, not the release date, etc....so I'm ignoring the dyneema/halcyon naming, etc.

Large Travel Tray

Solar 200 halcyon
    (original) Nordic (white grid) 400 halcyon
    Original (white grid) (black) 400 halcyon
    Steel 400 halcyon
    Sitka 200 halcyon
    Fjord 200 halcyon
    Zest 200 halcyon
    Monarch 200 halcyon
    Island 200 halcyon
    Wasabi 200 halcyon
    Ultraviolet 200 halcyon
    Northwest Sky 200 halcyon
    Iberian 200 halcyon

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You can see these 13 colors in @gochicken's picture:
    Quote Originally Posted by gochicken View Post

The Travel Tray family welcoming the new addition!

Clockwise from Solar: Island, Steel (sorry couldn’t find my Steel TT.. using a Small YSS), Fjord, NW Sky, UV, Zest, Original Black Halcyon, Iberian, Sitka, Wasabi, Original Nordic Halcyon.

Center: Monarch Mama and Baby
    And, if you visit the parent thread, you can see many more of these (also small TTs)
    I may be wrong about this, but I don't think they ever made the Travel Tray in 400d weight Steel Dyneema -- only 200d weight. If you look at the We're temporarily out of: Steel, Wasabi, and Iberian 200d Dyneema/nylon thread that described which 400d Dyneema items would be made in the Travel Tray, you'll notice that Steel is not mentioned
    https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...ema-nylon.html

Now, it is true that for some items, like the Shop Bags and even the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, the production crew did actually make some items in 400d Steel, despite the sales personnel originally not knowing that this had happened, I don't think this was ever true if the Travel Tray (and the heavier weight material is noticeably stiffer when you try to draw the string closed, so it should have been remarked on if this had happened).

Just my thoughts. Maybe somebody else can weigh in with different information.

HTH

moriond

Northern California
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Moriond. I watched the Travel Tray colors like a hawk and never saw it in the heavier weight Dyneema.
    Nice to be reminded of that picture... and I did eventually find my Steel Travel Tray List - Large Travel Tray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors Wink, Multiplying OPs Smilie

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! Corrected below... changed original black & original nordic also - unless you meant ONLY steel wasn't in 400 for the LTT?

Large Travel Tray

Solar 200 halcyon
    (original) Nordic (white grid) 200 halcyon
    Original (white grid) (black) 200 halcyon
    Steel 200 halcyon
    Sitka 200 halcyon
    Fjord 200 halcyon
    Zest 200 halcyon
    Monarch 200 halcyon
    Island 200 halcyon
    Wasabi 200 halcyon
    Ultraviolet 200 halcyon
    Iberian 200 halcyon
    Last edited by G42; 08-03-2018 at 06:57 AM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Thanks! Corrected below... changed original black & original nordic also - unless you meant ONLY steel wasn't in 400 for the LTT?
    Original Nordic and Original black dyneema were only made in 400d. Steel dyneema was made in both 400d and 200d. However, the steel travel tray was only made in the 200d weight. HTH
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

By the seaside, England
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding the heavier weight Dyneema/Nylon, I have the original Nordic and Black Dyneema Travel Trays with white grid) and I am pretty certain they are both 400d. They were a limited edition, I think - I've found the order confirmation email dated 1st April 2014 at about 11:30pm, and I know I ordered them in response to a triggering event, either an email from TB or a blog post or a forum post announcing their availability. Can anyone with better forum search-fu than me double check around that date?
    A45CC K CQPC 3DCCGES25 SK SCBQKTTMCBLSB TT TSS4 PCSBSCBTT CQPC PQBPQK LT SETT 3DCCQKS19 TT P3DCCTS PP BBLCBCP TTRi QK NFTD A30DLBC

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Large Travel Tray

Solar 200 halcyon
    Steel 200 halcyon
    Sitka 200 halcyon
    Fjord 200 halcyon
    Zest 200 halcyon
    Monarch 200 halcyon
    Island 200 halcyon
    Wasabi 200 halcyon
    Ultraviolet 200 halcyon
    Iberian 200 halcyon

By the seaside, England
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's confirmed - 400 Nordic and Black. See this post by Darcy (same one referenced by Moriond I think):

https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...ic+travel+tray

Subjectively, the black and nordic TTs are much stiffer material than the others I have.
    Last edited by PaulT00; 08-03-2018 at 07:50 AM. Reason: noticed I'd referenced the same post as Moriond!
    A45CC K CQPC 3DCCGES25 SK SCBQKTTMCBLSB TT TSS4 PCSBSCBTT CQPC PQBPQK LT SETT 3DCCQKS19 TT P3DCCTS PP BBLCBCP TTRi QK NFTD A30DLBC

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading the initial post, it seems there is a list like this for shop bags but I couldn’t find it. If there is, please attach link.

I’d love this with photos - wow Gochocken - for all items!

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirri View Post
    Reading the initial post, it seems there is a list like this for shop bags but I couldn’t find it. If there is, please attach link.

I’d love this with photos - wow Gochocken - for all items!
    Hi @Kirri,

@G42 started 3 lists of items for which the historical range of manufactured fabrics and colors were tracked: the current list for the (large, or original size) Travel Tray, and two additional similar lists for the Small Travel Tray, and the Small Shop Bag. An easy way to find these based on your assumptions (e.g., it's likely that @G42 started them) is to click on @G42's name to the left of the first post, and then choose the "View Forum Posts" link to get a list of the most recent forum posts -- if you want to open this in another tab or window, to preserve access to the present thread content, do a right mouse click on that option so you can open the results in a new tab or window -- on a Mac with a trackpad, the equivalent keystroke combo for a right mouse click is Control+click -- i.e., hold down the Control key and tap the trackpack. In TapaTalk, I would go to the user's profile and then view recent posts).

Related list posts by @G42:

Re: pictures. There was a specific request to keep these threads lean, so the lists were easy to access. I linked @gochicken's Travel Tray picture, because I knew it showed all available colors at once. Plus, if you click the arrow to the right of the quote, you can view the parent thread that shows pictures of the Small Travel Trays (Sitka, Fjord, Monarch, Northwest Sky, Iberian, and others if you follow the links to other related threads given in my posts in that parent thread).

For the List -- Small Shop Bag thread I only added pictures as backup proof of color combinations that were not listed. I'm not aware of any single picture that shows the range of all Shop Bag combinations that were ever offered, or that even comes close.

HTH

moriond

ETA: One way that forum users can keep track of current offerings in picture form is to use your Wishlist option to add pictures of items. For example, you could start your own image record of all available Zip-Top Shop Bags this way.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great idea for these lists. The travel tray is what introduced me to TB and still one of my favorite and most used items - I saw a picture of it in some magazine back in 2014 and immediately purchased a few for Christmas presents. I have 10 of these, and thanks to this list now have this sudden, overwhelming need to pick up an ultraviolet to get to 11, then someday find a solar and original Nordic on eBay to complete the list (or find someone willing to trade one of those for that extra Zest one I have...). Now that could be a unique bucket list item lol!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATING WITH NEW COLORS:

Solar 200 halcyon
    Steel 200 halcyon
    Sitka 200 halcyon
    Fjord 200 halcyon
    Zest 200 halcyon
    Monarch 200 halcyon
    Island 200 halcyon
    Wasabi 200 halcyon
    Ultraviolet 200 halcyon
    Iberian 200 halcyon

ADDING:

Grass 210d ballistic
    Viridian 210d ballistic
    Coyote 210d ballistic
    Dawn 210d ballistic
    Island 210d ballistic
    Black 210d ballistic
    Cloud 210d ballistic
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    UPDATING WITH NEW COLORS:

Solar 200 halcyon
    Steel 200 halcyon
    Sitka 200 halcyon
    Fjord 200 halcyon
    Zest 200 halcyon
    Monarch 200 halcyon
    Island 200 halcyon
    Wasabi 200 halcyon
    Ultraviolet 200 halcyon
    Iberian 200 halcyon
    Grass 210d ballistic
    Viridian 210d ballistic
    Coyote 210d ballistic
    Dawn 210d ballistic
    Island 210d ballistic
    Black 210d ballistic
    Cloud 210d ballistic

ADDING:
    Solaris 200 halcyon
    Coyote 200 halcyon
    Acuity 200 halcyon
    Sitka 200 halcyon (even though listed previously, see @gochicken's post comparing the current color batch of Sitka with a previous Sitka Travel Tray; also see the next post for comparisons of Solaris with the earlier Solar)

Forum Member
    Boise, Idaho
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hah! I thought you were looking for list of stuff we keep in them. Because I'm bored out of my skull, here's a picture of mine anyway (secure and protective transport for my go equipment. Umm, not really necessary these days.):
    https://imgur.com/gallery/boCjlvH