1-800-729-9607 | emailus@tombihn.com

Shop Tom Bihn
TOM BIHN Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. TOM BIHN has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

User Tag List

Thread: Cafe Bag

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cafe Bag

After already investing in an S19 and a Side Kick, along with a Spiff Kit and Snake charmer of of course a couple of pouches and key straps, Iíve got my eyes on a Cafe Bag.

However, non of the colours are calling me.

Iíd love an aubergine/NWS halcyon combo.

Anyone know if aubergine is ever likely to be an option in the smaller bags?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tom Bihn Newbie- HAVE: Synapse 19 (cloud grey & Island blue)
    WISHLIST: Medium cafe bag, Synapse 25, travel tray, 13 inch MacBook cache, iPad mini cache, Aeronaut 45 (grey/&UV), Spiff Kit, Side Kick

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TB is introducing a 525 ballistic aubergine, basically now, so I would think the chance is high that it will show up in the smaller bags... Aubergine/Wasabi seems to be the most common combo however.

EDIT: I'm sure they'll eventually make Aubergine/NWSky, it just may not be the first combo out the door...
    Last edited by G42; 08-09-2018 at 02:13 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cafe Bag

Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    TB is introducing a 525 ballistic aubergine, basically now, so I would think the chance is high that it will show up in the smaller bags... Aubergine/Wasabi seems to be the most common combo however.
    Am I the only person who really doesnít like Wasabi?

Thereís a makers bag in Aubergine/NWS so I will remain hopeful

Tom Bihn Newbie- HAVE: Synapse 19 (cloud grey & Island blue)
    WISHLIST: Medium cafe bag, Synapse 25, travel tray, 13 inch MacBook cache, iPad mini cache, Aeronaut 45 (grey/&UV), Spiff Kit, Side Kick

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also do not like wasabi.

But I do not need to like wasabi. To each their own!
    Last edited by Crinoidea; 08-10-2018 at 06:29 AM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love wasabi!��

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't like Wasabi at first, but I took a chance and bought a Co-Pilot in Nordic Halcyon that came with a Wasabi interior. Now it's probably my favorite interior color, along with Island.
    Co-Pilot (Nordic Halcyon/Wasabi), Medium Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Olive), Medium Cafe Bag (Olive/Cloud), Ristretto 13" (Black/Steel), Side Effect (Nordic Halcyon/Wasabi)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daisy_belle88 View Post
    Am I the only person who really doesnít like Wasabi?

Thereís a makers bag in Aubergine/NWS so I will remain hopeful

Wasabi is my least favorite Halcyon color on its own, but my current bags have UV interior and Wasabi stuff sacks are easy to find against UV, so I do use it.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Wasabi as an interior or accessory colour. It's bright and light, and easy to find items. My Wasabi Large Shopping Bag is used all the time and, in my opinion, looks great. Some smaller bags in Aubergine 525/Wasabi would be tempting for me.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the UV, island and wasabi combo because it matches my travel buddy...

fredletsTravels
    http://www.fredletsTravels.com
    #TeamUltraviolet

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In case you haven't already seen, @daisy_belle88, the SCB in Aubergine/Cloud (similar to NWS, minus the grid) is now in production: https://www.tombihn.com/products/sma...12881483169855

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crinoidea View Post
    I also do not like wasabi.

But I do not need to like wasabi. To each their own!
    +1 - I also don't care for Wasabi (the color), except for key-straps. I love wasabi as a condiment
    Stowaway in Alphaviolet/Dawn - Small Cafe Bag in Deep Blue/Grass - Travel Cubelets in Black and Dawn - Pop Tote in Olive - Synapse 19 in Deep Blue/Iberian Halcyon (with Freudian Slip) - Side Kick in Verde/Ultraviolet Halcyon - Side Kick in Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - Side Effect in Nordic Halcyon/Northwest Sky Halcyon - Synapse 25 in Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon (with Freudian Slip) - Synapse 25 in Aubergine/Island Halcyon (with Freudian Slip)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like wasabi at all. I tried a Pilot with a wasabi interior and ended up selling the bag because of it. In one of the threads someone mentioned that it's the color of pollen, which explains why I don't like it. Every Spring when everything in the Southeast is covered in a wasabi green haze of pollen I'm miserable because of allergies.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chaimonkey View Post
    +1 - I also don't care for Wasabi (the color), except for key-straps. I love wasabi as a condiment
    The condiment wasabi is very enjoyable.

But that always reminds me of Mater, who tried too much wasabi and exclaimed, "The pistachio ice cream has turned!"

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in the love Wasabi camp, too! (both the food and the color lol) I like the way it pairs with Nordic.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daisy_belle88 View Post
    Am I the only person who really doesn’t like Wasabi?
    I dislike wasabi intensely. I think in a blue/wasabi mix I could be swayed, but it's not appealing to me. And wasabi is second only in my dislike to NWS.

I'd love it if it was more green (sitka <3<3<3) or more sunny yellow (solar...how I miss you).
    Aubergine/steel MB, Aubergine/wasabi pilot , Aubergine/island SE, Aubergine/NWS Lswift, Black/fjord Sswift, Alphaviolet/NWS S25, Alphaviolet/viridian SK, Black/UV S19...and buying more! Aubergine and Alphaviolet lover!!!