1-800-729-9607 | emailus@tombihn.com

Shop Tom Bihn
TOM BIHN Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. TOM BIHN has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How likely will Olive 525 ballistic be in accessories

Hello - I understand Olive is retiring. I also notice retired materials are used in accessories such as pouches and q kits.

How likely will these be made out of a retired colour like Olive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TorontoSS View Post
    Hello - I understand Olive is retiring. I also notice retired materials are used in accessories such as pouches and q kits.

How likely will these be made out of a retired colour like Olive?
    Last week I emailed the TB Crew about using the 525/210 ballistic in Q-kits and other accessories. This is Cody's reply:

"We haven't started making the Q-Kits in any of the lighter-weight Ballistics yet, and I haven't heard of any plans to do so yet. This might be something we look at in the future, but not so far. When we do, we'll update the stats on the Q-Kit page to reflect which fabric or fabrics we're currently using."

So I am staying positive that we will indeed eventually see accessories in the new ballistic fabrics.
    Looking for upper and lower modular pockets in original Nordic. Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Olive 525 is RETIRING? I LOVE that color! Since TB removed the "retiring" thread in the forums, I am having trouble locating these updates. Can anyone tell me where this information is? thanks!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anna2222 View Post
    Olive 525 is RETIRING? I LOVE that color! Since TB removed the "retiring" thread in the forums, I am having trouble locating these updates. Can anyone tell me where this information is? thanks!
    @anna2222, here is MatthewR's suggestion on keeping up to date on changes. It's post #11 of this thread:

https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...d-designs.html

"Just like the Color List thread, this thread doesn't get updated very quickly. As much as we like the idea of these threads and would like to keep them going we just aren't able to update these in a timely manner. Since this is the case, we're going to go ahead and retire the retirement threads.

For future retirement updates, subscribe to receive blog posts via email or check the blog every once in a while to keep abreast of those developments."

I know quite soon after the new ballistic colors were introduced, Darcy said that Olive, Canyon, and Dawn were only temporary colors, which was great to know. It gave everyone a chance to order items in these colors knowing they were a limited run.
    Last edited by pammy; 08-09-2018 at 06:39 PM.
    Looking for upper and lower modular pockets in original Nordic. Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Pammy,

Yes I did read that post from Matthew, but I am still not seeing anything on the blog. Is it somewhere on the blog and I am just missing it?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi anna2222,

I haven't seen anything lately on the blog about retired colors/items. Maybe others can weigh in if they have seen something I have missed.

About Olive being retired, the Color List thread that was created a year ago, August 2017, revealed that Olive, Canyon, and Dawn were to be retired. And I have seen many threads lamenting their retirement. So in addition to reading the blog, skimming through the forum is where I find out the latest news. But I do agree with you that since the demise of the threads on retiring items and colors, it is more difficult to stay current with this information.

https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...list-news.html

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    Last week I emailed the TB Crew about using the 525/210 ballistic in Q-kits and other accessories. This is Cody's reply:

"We haven't started making the Q-Kits in any of the lighter-weight Ballistics yet, and I haven't heard of any plans to do so yet. This might be something we look at in the future, but not so far. When we do, we'll update the stats on the Q-Kit page to reflect which fabric or fabrics we're currently using."

So I am staying positive that we will indeed eventually see accessories in the new ballistic fabrics.
    That is helpful thanks. “Not yet” is a good sign but lack of plans to do so yet isn’t one. I wonder about things like 3D cubes. As they currently use retired colours on them.