Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Multiples

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My multiples came about after liking a bag, then getting it in a different color, often a retired color (personal favorite color: original Nordic).

I have extra shop bags, Swifts, LSs, SEs, and CPs and likely others that I'm forgetting.

I have a "collection" of Imagos (personal favorite bag) so that I have enough to last the rest of my life.

NJ
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh. Yes. So much this. My weakness tends to be with the S19 and S25. I have multiple colors/fabrics for each. I justify this obsession because these are the two bags I grab the most. Currently, I have:

S19 - French Blue Cordura /Steel , Black Halcyon/Iberian, Burnt Orange Cordura/Northwest Sky, and Nordic Halcyon/Iberian
    S25- Black Halcyon/Iberian, Burnt Orange Cordura/Northwest Sky

In my defense, several of them are packed already for specific purposes :-)
    Eat well, travel often.

Earth!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have any multiples of "big" bags because I lean more toward minimalism and not having too much stuff around. Smaller items like shop bags, stuff sacks, and travel trays are different, though, as I can use more than one of those at one time. But I do love my S25 so much that I can't say I haven't been tempted to get a second one!

Indiana
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Side Effects (my FAVORITE bag): Original Halcyon/UV & Nordic/Iberian...I waited too long thinking about Burnt Orange/UV and they sold without me realizing it. SAD
    Large TTs: Original Halcyon, Zest
    Current Carry: Swift (Verde/UV), SK (Steel/Iberian) & SSC (Sitka)

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 Brain Bags
    2 Pilot
    2 Co-Pilot

At least I am not alone with the Crazy?

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cafe Bags!

In most things I'm minimalist, and I happily lived with only one cafe bag (plum LCB) for many, many years, but I've started adding a few more Cafe Bags in recent years for a few reasons:

* variety (color-wise)
    * suitability to the task (size-wise)
    * longevity (like @threeteez, I've probably got cafe bags to last me the rest of my life)
    * scarcity (trying to obtain size/colors/materials no longer made, and there's always the possibility of total Cafe Bag discontinuation)
    * shareability (got to be a pain when the husband and I both needed the one cafe bag simultaneously)

So I currently have in use LCBs in Plum and Grey (but looking to add Navy, Red Blend, Black, and maybe Conifer) and MCBs in Red Blend, Navy, Black, Steel, Linen, Olive, and Cocoa (but looking to add Aubergine and maybe Conifer). I'm also in search of a Steel or Grey (or maybe Nebulous Grey) SCB (which I actually used to have, swapped, and now find I need again!). I'll likely whittle that MCB list down some more because that ideal group all-told is a crazypants number of bags, but I do find this is one place where it's really helpful to have some options. I did re-home an Azure MCB recently, which broke my heart a little to do, but as gorgeous as it was, I knew I just wasn't going to get enough use out of it. So it's strategic insanity at least!

Most of my multiples otherwise are because 2 of us may need something simultaneously (S25s, Side Effects, Pilots) or need multiples at once (Large Shop Bags, Cubelets, oodles of pouches in different sizes and colors), except 2 Side Kicks, which I have in Aubergine, Black, and am considering some grey shade, because I wanted some color variety in those.
    Last edited by kmw; 08-22-2018 at 01:10 PM.

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kmw, there is a Cloud/Veridian Small Cafe Bag in the production list right now. If I didn't already have (and adore!) a Cloud/Cloud SCB, I'd be snapping up that Cloud/Veridian along with my Aubergine/Cloud!
    Rambling On. . . . .

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must be one of the few that do not do this. I spend a considerable amount of time researching and thinking about the bag that would fit me best (color, size, reviews) and then just get that one bag. I don't like clutter in my closets and don't want things just there just in case I might need it, it just seems a waste and more stuff to manage. If I finds I don't need it, I end up selling it on ebay or donating it. As a result I have only a few things, but they are of good quality and that I use everyday to the point where they wear out and then I start the process over again. The good thing about TB bags I've found that they have been holding up well and I probably won't be replacing it anytime soon.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Resistance Is Futile.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cbmp View Post
    I must be one of the few that do not do this. I spend a considerable amount of time researching and thinking about the bag that would fit me best (color, size, reviews) and then just get that one bag. I don't like clutter in my closets and don't want things just there just in case I might need it, it just seems a waste and more stuff to manage. If I finds I don't need it, I end up selling it on ebay or donating it. As a result I have only a few things, but they are of good quality and that I use everyday to the point where they wear out and then I start the process over again. The good thing about TB bags I've found that they have been holding up well and I probably won't be replacing it anytime soon.
    That‘s the voice of reason and I fully subscribe to all what you‘re saying!

But then, there‘s this seductive voice in my ear that keeps whispering: „Nebulous grey is such a great color and what about this cute small cafe bag?“ and my resistance starts waning...
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood Smilie Rainbow Cheers
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bartleby View Post
    But then, there‘s this seductive voice in my ear that keeps whispering: „Nebulous grey is such a great color and what about this cute small cafe bag?“ and my resistance starts waning...
    I don’t have anything grey OR a SCB!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tress29 View Post
    I don’t have anything grey OR a SCB!
    just wait Big Grin
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood Smilie Rainbow Cheers
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The practical side of me says I only need one X bag, but then there's all these colors. And sometimes I want a bigger bag, and sometimes a smaller one. And shipping is $10 no matter how many I buy, so I might as well buy a bunch to "save" on shipping.

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TB has a good thing going with all us bag addicts. I try to be like @cbmp and try to chose just the ‘perfect’ bag, but then discover situations where a different bag would be better. So my collection grows.

Connecticut
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 S19s (parapack and dyneema)
    6 Side Effects (!!!)
    2 travel trays
    Countless pouches
    --------------------------------

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast