Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Re: Guide preorder: I do love the Crew and everything they do.... my one problem is that my Paypal can't keep up with all the preorders I want to take part in!! #somedaymyGuidewillcome:P Big Grin

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lang View Post
    Call me crazy, but does anyone know if you could lash a lead's pocket to the diamond's on the bottom of the S25 GE? I know the Lead's pocket will fit in the bottom pocket of the S25, but now I'm wondering if anyone has figured out a way to lash it to the bottom of the pack as well. Smilie
    Quote Originally Posted by zkai5 View Post
    That's not crazy at all; I was thinking the same thing!

I thought about maybe using lash straps to connect the bottom ice axe loop to those diamonds, giving the clips on the Lead's pocket a little more to clip on to. It's more secure than just using two of the pocket clips, and letting the leads pocket flop around every time you pick up the bag.

On a side note, I discovered another use for those lash straps; impromptu compression straps. Smilie
    Hi @lang and @zkai5,

The spacing of the Lead's Pocket webbing attachments is much wider than the diamonds at the bottom of the Guide's Edition version of the Synapse 25, so you can't use the lash straps to connect the two. You can use a pair of 1" Single Gatekeeper clips ordered from Parts to connect the inside edge of the Lead's pocket webbing loops at one end to the outside edge of the GE S25 lashpoint darts at the bottom (similar to the way I'd suspend the Lead's Pocket inside a Smart Alec, but it's more secure inside the SA because of the way the bag hangs).

Here's a picture of the bottom of the S25 GE with the attachment points, and below that is the side of Guide's Pack Lead's Pocket with the side where the Coyote webbing is displayed. There's a pair of Single Gatekeeper clips hooked to the outer webbing loops of the GE S25, since you can just latch them onto the inner webbing loops of one pair of the Lead's Pocket webbing loops:

Anyone Else Desperate for the S25 Guide?-img_4107-jpg

If you connect it that way, this is what it looks like from the bottom:
    Anyone Else Desperate for the S25 Guide?-img_4111-jpg

Remember, though, that you've only connected to one pair of the Lead's Pocket webbing loops. By the way, the Ice Axe loop usually obscures the webbing loop for the Guardian Light I've linked to the version in Coyote (i.e. the Skookum Dog Guardian Light, that is in stock in both red and white lights, in contrast to the Black base Guardian Light that is currently out of stock in both red and white lights.)

If you want to make sure that the Ice Axe Loop doesn't obscure the light, which can be left in steady or in flashing mode, you can always loop the webbing around either side:
    Anyone Else Desperate for the S25 Guide?-img_4113-jpg

Here's a picture of the various version of the Guardian light (original is the strap mounted version; I use the Coyote base of the Skookum Dog Guardian Light for the Guide's Edition Synapse 25 to coordinate colors -- otherwise the lights are the same, and the clear and red plastic domes are interchangeable). The other item in the picture is a pair of 1" Single Gatekeeper Clips:

Anyone Else Desperate for the S25 Guide?-img_4114-jpg

The next picture is the side view of the connection of the Lead's Pocket to the GE S25 using the 1" Single Gatekeeper Clips -- remember, only one pair of the webbing loops on the Lead's Pocket can attach directly to the GE S25 attachment points via the Gatekeeper Clips. You can see a flat (unattached) webbing loop at the right of the picture (back side of the GE S25) in this picture. The Lead's Pocket is somewhat stiff, so it will still be held in place.

Anyone Else Desperate for the S25 Guide?-img_4115-jpg

The only way I've come up with to secure both sets of webbing loops on the Lead's Pocket to the offset GE S25 bottom webbing attachment points is to use a pair of 6" Nite-Ize Gear ties, and thread them through both upper and lower webbing loops of the Lead's Pocket as well as through the GE S25 attachment point webbing:

Anyone Else Desperate for the S25 Guide?-img_4116-jpg

(Note: it's not possible to have a picture that shows the threading through the GE S25 webbing in between the top and bottom webbing of the Lead's Pocket -- the bag and accessory would be locked together).

Here's what it looks like from the side (yellow gear tie does pass through the GE S25 webbing attachment point, too; you can just see the edge of the diamond):
    Anyone Else Desperate for the S25 Guide?-img_4117-jpg

Then, fold down the bars of the Nite-Ize Gear ties:
    Anyone Else Desperate for the S25 Guide?-img_4118-jpg

This is what it looks like from the side view, with the Lead's Pocket pulled down:
    Anyone Else Desperate for the S25 Guide?-img_4119-jpg

If I try to pull it away from the GE S25, to take another view, this is what it looks like:
    Anyone Else Desperate for the S25 Guide?-img_4120-jpg

HTH, and maybe someone else can come up with a better solution!

moriond

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are the new GE available to order? I want one Big Grin

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @moriond Very cool! Thanks for the pics and description!

Atlanta, GA, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HOORAY!

It's here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3