Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Perth, Australia
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daylight Backpack suggestion

So Im travelling with the wife and she has her DLBP that were using as the day bag. First time Im really using the bag myself. I like the concept, and the simplicity.

One thing I would change however is I wish the bottom pocket had a button in the middle of it. So that you could create a small compartment for your water bottle to sit, and not roll around/fall down. Id think one or two simple buttons would work and you could either use it or unbutton and dont use it.

Just my few cents worth Daylight Backpack suggestion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordAnubis View Post
    So Im travelling with the wife and she has her DLBP that were using as the day bag. First time Im really using the bag myself. I like the concept, and the simplicity.

One thing I would change however is I wish the bottom pocket had a button in the middle of it. So that you could create a small compartment for your water bottle to sit, and not roll around/fall down. Id think one or two simple buttons would work and you could either use it or unbutton and dont use it.

Just my few cents worth Daylight Backpack suggestion

Do you use a travel water bottle? If so, many come with a cap /handle-on-the-lid. If you bought one of these (contigo makes great ones and can be found on Amazon), connect a small carbiner to it and attach to an o-ring.

I carry a travel coffee mug as well as a travel water bottle. I put both inside a #3 Stuff Sack. The drawstring could be fixed to a carbiner also.

FWIW!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marytattoo View Post
    connect a small carbiner to it and attach to an o-ring.
    This. Makes it easier to retrieve too

Southern California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always attach a keyring to my orings so theyre a little larger. Carabiner to that and youre golden I do that with my hydroflasks all the time.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a button is a great idea. It would nice to divide that pocket up. It would also help carrying taller things so they don’t fall over in the pocket.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can sew your own button in, and put a crocheted chain button loop on the other side. This would be easy to remove if you decided it didn't work as well as you had hoped. And if it works, great.

I sew stuff into my TB and non-TB bags all the time, to make them work for me the way I want. I've never had a problem swapping my customized bags with someone else when I'm want to change my bag lineup.

Forum Member
    UK
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    You can sew your own button in, and put a crocheted chain button loop on the other side. This would be easy to remove if you decided it didn't work as well as you had hoped. And if it works, great.

I sew stuff into my TB and non-TB bags all the time, to make them work for me the way I want. I've never had a problem swapping my customized bags with someone else when I'm want to change my bag lineup.
    Would a self-adhesive strip of velcro tape do the trick perhaps? Maybe someone has tried this?

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not like Velcro for anything that could potentially come in contact with fabric. What if you want to stuff a scarf or gloves or a spare shirt in there? Also, I don't like adhesive strips for the same reason. Thread leaves no trace except a small hole, and you can control where that hole is.

Forum Member
    UK
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    I do not like Velcro for anything that could potentially come in contact with fabric. What if you want to stuff a scarf or gloves or a spare shirt in there? Also, I don't like adhesive strips for the same reason. Thread leaves no trace except a small hole, and you can control where that hole is.
    Yes I can see what you mean....Smilie

Forum Member
    Austin, TX
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be really nice. Any hacks to get a water bottle pocket on the outside so I could access it while wearing the backpack?

Southern California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah_atx View Post
    That would be really nice. Any hacks to get a water bottle pocket on the outside so I could access it while wearing the backpack?
    The problem is there is nothing to lash it down to so even if you carabinered it to the top handle it would swing as you walked. Other option is to carabiner it to the bottom of the backpack strap so it hangs next to your hip but it would still hit you as you walk. Sometimes I wish it had dual bottle pockets.

Realistically though my carabiner to the O-ring on the inside works just fine. I wouldnt want them to sacrifice how gloriously lightweight the backpack is to add bottle pockets.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I carry one off the bottle of the shoulder strap. It would be a personal preference, but I find the swinging to be minimal. It mostly sits against me.