Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things I had not noticed...but do appreciate

Sometimes I find that I have been using a bag for ages and suddenly discover a feature that I had not noticed before! Perhaps it is because some of us just use a bag in the "traditional" way, without exploring and experimenting.
    TB bags have so many amazing, thoughtful and useful features and so many on these forums post ideas, hacks and "how-to"s - so a big thank you for that!
    Today I am doing a big test pack in my Medium Road Duffel and found that it has 2 pairs of D rings for the shoulder strap attachment, one pair on top for a conventional carry and the other on one side for a "thinner" less bulky carry. Brilliant! Simple! So much easier to carry.
    I just wonder if a similar pair of attachments could be added to the Yeoman Duffels....

p.s. still sad that MRDs now retired

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One un-advertised, but appreciated, feature on both the Travel Cubelet and the Side Effect is the balanced nature of them. When I wear them cross body, they stay put. They don't bang around and hit me in the hip. I never thought I would be comfortable hiking with one of these, because purses always fly around and annoy me, but neither of these items do that. The attachment points are just perfect to keep things stable.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I LOVE my medium road duffle. I use the side attachments for my shoulder strap, all the time. I also love that the end pockets are gusseted and have wide zippers, so you can actually put stuff in there and get it out again easily. And lots of extra inside pockets. And lash straps everywhere.

Sometimes I think a little too much thought goes into the TB bags, and they are a little over engineered. But then I look at the simplicity of some of the other bags and I love them. I often compare my A45 with my medium road duffle, and I much prefer the size, shape and pockets on the MRD. The A45 has its uses, which is why I have 2 of them, but the MRD has my heart.
    Last edited by BWeaves; 08-30-2018 at 05:46 AM.

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    I LOVE my medium road duffle. I use the side attachments for my shoulder strap, all the time. I also love that the end pockets are gusseted and have wide zippers, so you can actually put stuff in there and get it out again easily. And lots of extra inside pockets. And lash straps everywhere.

Sometimes I think a little too much thought goes into the TB bags, and they are a little over engineered. But then I look at the simplicity of some of the other bags and I love them. I often compare my A45 with my medium road duffle, and I much prefer the size, shape and pockets on the MRD. The A45 has its uses, which is why I have 2 of them, but the MRD has my heart.
    Oh yes! My MRD has my heart too.....trouble is we need two in this household not just the one......hear my plea TB crew!