Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Atlanta, GA, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    For every trip I take, I pack only garments I will wear at least 2-3 times.
    My general assumption is that I'll be able to wear pants and button-downs twice without washing, unless I'm doing a lot of hiking. That plan completely fell apart this last trip to Switzerland, where the heat wave plus the lack of air conditioning meant that I inevitably got to the hotel with my clothes soaked through with sweat. I burned through clean clothes more than on any trip I've ever taken.

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordAnubis View Post
    Never ever letting go of my beloved coyote A45. It has a few battle scars on it but itís amazing. Saddest day of my life when I couldnít buy a coyote A30 to match with it Is the A30 the perfect bag? Unfortunately retired now.

Now Iím patiently waiting for the navy A30 to be released. So it can match a navy WF and navy yeoman mini. And navy pilot when they also come out Is the A30 the perfect bag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wait, coyote is retired???
    Is the A30 the perfect bag?Is the A30 the perfect bag?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Perth, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gqb View Post
    Wait, coyote is retired???

Officially. ďNot retired... just not making anything in coyote nor have any plans to make anything again in coyoteĒ.... but not retired Is the A30 the perfect bag?

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordAnubis View Post
    Officially. ďNot retired... just not making anything in coyote nor have any plans to make anything again in coyoteĒ.... but not retired Is the A30 the perfect bag?

Forum Member
    The Carolinas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CJoshuaV View Post
    My general assumption is that I'll be able to wear pants and button-downs twice without washing, unless I'm doing a lot of hiking. That plan completely fell apart this last trip to Switzerland, where the heat wave plus the lack of air conditioning meant that I inevitably got to the hotel with my clothes soaked through with sweat. I burned through clean clothes more than on any trip I've ever taken.
    Have you tried wool garments? As mentioned above, they have anti-microbial properties and don't pick up odors like other fabric. Polyester was originally billed as a miracle material, but for me, the real miracle material is 100% wool.

I definitely don't mind having the hotel do laundry if I'll be staying at the same hotel for a couple of days, but it's not worth it to me to do the laundry in my room, nor do I want to give up the time to hit a laundromat. I'd rather just tote the extra weight.
    Fair enough...but do you not pack by weight? Washing/drying labor can easily be completed in under five minutes; however, if you prefer other options, I understand.
    Last edited by ThomGault; 09-05-2018 at 05:02 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don't move hotels every night, just take off your shoes, empty your pockets and walk right into the shower... wash yourself and your clothes... if you're wearing reasonably lightweight travel clothes or fabrics, they'll dry in about a day.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    walk right into the shower... wash yourself and your clothes...
    I started doing this last year (though just with undergarments) and have been happy with it. Adds ~5 mins. to a shower, and most body washes will do a fine job of rinsing fabric clean. I bring inflatable hangers that improve airflow and everything is dry in less than 5 hours. if you wear undershirts, most outerwear just needs a spot cleaning if soiled.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulT00 View Post
    I considered whether I should invest in a Doggienaut,..
    OMG Doggienaut is THE best word!

fredletsTravels
    http://www.fredletsTravels.com
    #TeamUltraviolet

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseffect View Post
    The main reason is that itís the perfect regional aircraft sized bag at 500*320*200 (with the 200 thickness being the critical one). Itís longer shallower profile works perfectly.
    I am about to fly on American Eagle, does the A30
    fit in the on board storage? I refuse to gate check it...

fredletsTravels
    #TeamUltraviolet

Hampshire, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fredlet View Post
    I am about to fly on American Eagle, does the A30
    fit in the on board storage? I refuse to gate check it...

fredletsTravels
    #TeamUltraviolet
    Iíve never flown American Eagle so canít confirm this one. But for other airlines with regional planes such as the Bombardier Dash 8 Q400, the A30 has worked great.

Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imperator View Post
    I bring inflatable hangers that improve airflow
    I must know more!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've somewhat been torn going with the A45 over the A30. The A30 left me with zero wiggle room and I figured I'd just underpack the A45 (plus, easier to deal with shoes if I need them). But the weight of a fully packed A45 as a backpack isn't great. On top of that, I tend to carry a laptop and I'm not entirely comfortable with it in the strap compartment, esp when in backpack mode. Part of me wants an A35 somehow with a dedicate rear laptop sleeve, heh (and somehow not gaining weight and cost...).

What do you all do laptopwise for storage in the Aeronauts?

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi @linh.n,

Could you carry your laptop cross-body in a Daylight Briefcase, while wearing the Aeronaut on your back?

moriond

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Hi @linh.n,

Could you carry your laptop cross-body in a Daylight Briefcase, while wearing the Aeronaut on your back?

moriond
    I guess I should have noted I was going for a single bag goal. Mostly because I reserve the need for a shoulder bag as my small camera bag, lol. And if I use a bag big enough for my laptop, I then prefer it on my back anyway. I think it's more I have loved using the Aeronaut except when I need a laptop. So close to the perfect single bag for me

Forum Member
    Washington DC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoulder strap compartment, or I lay it flat on top of everything in the main compartment (in a padded sleeve).

Honestly my ideal carry is an A30 in duffle mode + S25 on my back.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast