Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love Nebulous Gray!

I just received my Truck in Nebulous Gray! Such a perfect color, its the neutral dark gray that steel sometimes was (but not always was when it veered towards green). Its just beautiful. I'm grateful to see Tom Bihn using this new fabric in a whole bunch of items, so more people can share the love.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Forum Member
    Kansas City, MO
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IRL photos please? I love Nebulous Gray!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ack, these greys are hard for me to photograph well (late afternoon light isn't helping)...

Here's an attempt... clockwise from NWSky travel tray; Nebulous truck; newer Steel (shows more green undertones); Cloud; older Steel (with Solar, so several years old, shows very little green undertone)

I love Nebulous Gray!-img_20180831_170810-jpg
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nebulous Gray looks awesome. I love that darker pewter shade of grey.

Atlanta, GA, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The original Steel will forever be my favorite TB color ever.

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's really a beautiful color of gray. TB customer service just confirmed the next run of Travel Cubelets will include Nebulous Gray (with violet interior) and I am very much looking forward to getting one!
    Rambling On. . . . .

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meglet View Post
    That's really a beautiful color of gray. TB customer service just confirmed the next run of Travel Cubelets will include Nebulous Gray (with violet interior) and I am very much looking forward to getting one!
    That's very good news. Thanks for sharing. I've been debating about getting a black TC. Instead, I will wait for Nebulous Gray.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got a nebulous grey Truck and a dawn Truck. Boy is that nebulous Truck HEAVY. It's great if you need a really tough tote, but for my yarn purposes, I like the dawn Truck better. It's much lighter, and the fabric, being thinner, is translucent, which makes the Truck brighter on the inside. I was really surprised how much heavier the nebulous felt than the dawn, although I guess it is technically twice as thick, so it makes sense.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    I just got a nebulous grey Truck and a dawn Truck. Boy is that nebulous Truck HEAVY. It's great if you need a really tough tote, but for my yarn purposes, I like the dawn Truck better. It's much lighter, and the fabric, being thinner, is translucent, which makes the Truck brighter on the inside. I was really surprised how much heavier the nebulous felt than the dawn, although I guess it is technically twice as thick, so it makes sense.
    @BWeaves, I never had the 525d weight Truck to test (e.g., Nebulous Grey, Mars Red, Deep Blue, Alphaviolet, or Black), but I did comment (in the Ravelry discussion) that "I like the lighter, and also lighter weight (210d Ballistic Nylon) colors for the Truck (Dawn, Island, Viridian, Grass), if you don’t need it for really heavy duty use." But I totally get that for general purpose use, the heavier weight fabrics are going to be wanted. When queried about what I meant by "really heavy use", I stated,

They envisioned that you could also use the Truck for purposes like keeping power tools, cables, chains, etc. in your actual truck, carrying along your fishing tackle, bait, and lines, taking weights, ropes, and survival gear out with wilderness training, and lots of other uses which could include carrying around machinery parts.

I don’t even need 210 Ballistic if I want this for grocery shopping, or for taking books to the library, based on testing the earlier Halcyon version.
    Island 210d Ballistic is also very nice and pliable. (Got that because I found myself using the Island Halcyon prototype of the Truck so often -- although it lacks the o-Rings, and the front pocket size is not quite as convenient). But I also do love the Nebulous Grey color.

HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I TOTE-ally get the heavy duty use of the heavier fabric. Having seen and hefted both fabrics in the Truck, it definitely lets me know what colors I'll want in future Trucks. And if you ever need to haul power tools, nebulous is your Truck.