Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking of getting a BrainBag, but these Guides Edition bags look cool, especially the new colors.

Anyone know what the pre-order quantities are on each color?

Forum Member
    North Carolina
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the GES25 in Nebulous Gray. But I'm too short for the S25s. Can you please make a GES19 in Nebulous Gray?

Hampshire, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bintobeen View Post
    Whoa -- whats that neat double hook way you're mounting the sidekick to the back of an airline seat?
    They are double carabiners that can twist and rotate in the middle. Tom Bihn used to sell them but it don’t think they do them any more. Any double ended carabiner should work though.

There was a hack posted in the forums a few years ago showing this with a Side Effect and I’ve adopted the idea to use with a Side Kick which is my inflight bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Forum Member
    Yorkshire, England, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really hope they continue to realise G25 as a pre order/special periodically at least...

Tom Bihn Newbie- HAVE: Synapse 19 (cloud grey & Island blue)
    WISHLIST: Medium cafe bag, Synapse 25, travel tray, 13 inch MacBook cache, iPad mini cache, Aeronaut 45 (grey/&UV), Spiff Kit, Side Kick

Forum Member
    North Carolina
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseffect View Post
    They are double carabiners that can twist and rotate in the middle. Tom Bihn used to sell them but it don’t think they do them any more.
    Amazon has them.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Head-Up! Guide's Edition Synapse 25 Pre-Order on 9/10

The double carabiners are made by Tyny Tools, and the ones TB used to sell are size medium.
    https://tynytools.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bintobeen View Post
    Whoa -- whats that neat double hook way you're mounting the sidekick to the back of an airline seat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseffect View Post
    They are double carabiners that can twist and rotate in the middle. Tom Bihn used to sell them but it don’t think they do them any more. Any double ended carabiner should work though.

There was a hack posted in the forums a few years ago showing this with a Side Effect and I’ve adopted the idea to use with a Side Kick which is my inflight bag.

Last edited by Cristina; 09-08-2018 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Moved quote to bottom

Forum Member
    London, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the guides padded hip belt also making a come back?

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robw View Post
    Is the guides padded hip belt also making a come back?
    Hi @Robw,

If you’re asking whether the Guide’s Edition version of the Synapse 25 will be available with the Coyote version of the padded hip belt as an option, then I assume the answer is yes, since it remains part of the product description on the Guide's Edition Synapse 25 product page.

If you’re asking whether the padded hip belt for the Guide's Pack is (still) available, then I think the answer to that is also yes, since it can be ordered as an option from the Guide’s Pack product page that I linked.

Many of the accessory waist belts and shoulder straps can be ordered from Tom Bihn, even for retired products — my favorite among these is the Quick-Adjust Messenger Strap that was featured in the original design of the Parental Unit, and that was an option for retired messenger bags like the Imago, ID Bag, Ego, and Super Ego.

Even among currently listed shoulder strap options, it may not be obvious that you can still buy the 1" Shoulder Strap that used to be standard for the Side Kick before the June 25, 2018 update identified in the blog:
    https://blog.tombihn.com/updates-sna...oint-placement

I prefer to use this wider strap on my Side Effect (and Packing Cube Shoulder Bag), as well as on my original design Side Kicks.

When in doubt, ask the Tom Bihn customer support staff directly about product options. In addition to phone and email they offer chat from the product page and skype. And they always respond promptly.

HTH.

moriond

ETA: not sure why the forum software wouldn't let me link the blog post about Side Kick (and other bags) redesign to a text section, so that I had to separately insert the whole URL, but I never found that blog post totally illuminating. A better explanation of the changes can be found in Darcy's reply post:
    https://forums.tombihn.com/questions...tml#post161853
    Last edited by moriond; 09-08-2018 at 06:26 PM. Reason: fixed hand-encoded links set up in Tapatalk response

Forum Member
    RDU Northern Carolina
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can NOT decide between blue or grey...

Atlanta, GA, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else staring obsessively at the Guide Edition page?

Forum Member
    RDU Northern Carolina
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ummm...Maybe???

By the seaside, England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CJoshuaV View Post
    Anyone else staring obsessively at the Guide Edition page?
    er.... yup!
    A45CC K CQPC 3DCCGES25QKTTMCBLSB TT TSS4 PCSBSCBTT CQPC PQBPQK LT SETT 3DCCQKS19 TT P3DCCTS PP BBLCBCP TTRi QK NFTD A30DLBC

Atlanta, GA, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are my tribe.

Forum Member
    London, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long do we need to wait?!!!

By the seaside, England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robw View Post
    How long do we need to wait?!!!
    I've been assuming that things will happen from about 6pm London time. When there's a launch, it usually seems to happen at 10am Seattle time, which is in the GMT-7 timezone. So right now it's 17:34 (BST) in the UK, and 09:34 in Seattle, which means their working day is only just getting out of the starting blocks as ours is finishing.
    A45CC K CQPC 3DCCGES25QKTTMCBLSB TT TSS4 PCSBSCBTT CQPC PQBPQK LT SETT 3DCCQKS19 TT P3DCCTS PP BBLCBCP TTRi QK NFTD A30DLBC

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast