Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    They had a specific time listed in one of the emails for the closing of the pre-orders, but I don't recall the time & I already deleted it... if someone wants one, I'd get the order in today just to be safe.

Unlike the Truck, which they posted as 2-12 weeks out from being listed as a regular item once the pre-order sold out, they stated that the S25GE would be at least 6mo before another production run, if they even decide to make it again...
    And the original Small Shop Bag had so few pre-orders last time, that they have apparently really disco'd it this time, so it will be interesting to see what the new zips say after the pre-order closes
    The Crew decided to make one more batch of the original Small Shop Bag because there was so much discontent over them being discontinued.

When the announcement to discontinue them, first came to light, I told people to budget so they could stock up on the Small Shop Bag, then get notification for the last batch.

People were irritated that a bag for short stature people was discontinued.

I stopped myself from ordering an original Small Shop Bag with the Trunk because I wanted everyone who really needed one, to have a chance to order it.
    I should have asked the Crew what the availability was.

I really love Dawn and I was really disappointed when it was announced that this color was only temporary,

I now, understand the reasoning of offering more outside EDC Ballistic Classic colors like Aubergine, Island and Nebulous Grey. Colors suitable in many work environment and easier to coordinate with most wardrobe staple neutrals than the fabulous and bright Alphaviolet.

I also understand that Dawn is less neutral than Cloud which can be paired with most of the Outside EDC Ballistic Colors. At the same time the Crew also discontinued Canyon a warm color Lining EDC Ballistic.
    Last edited by backpack; 09-15-2018 at 06:04 PM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I took the plunge and bought the GE in both black and blue. After countless days of pondering I just couldn't decide between the two. While black goes with everything, the blue just seems so different that I have to see it in person. Dang it Tom Bihn! Why do you have to make all your products so attractive?! haha

I might end up gifting my brother whichever of the two colors I do not choose for Christmas. I'm sure he would not be disappointed!

Now comes the wait til end of October for both to ship. I'm excited!

Rochester, NY, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonium View Post
    Well I took the plunge and bought the GE in both black and blue. After countless days of pondering I just couldn't decide between the two. While black goes with everything, the blue just seems so different that I have to see it in person. Dang it Tom Bihn! Why do you have to make all your products so attractive?! haha

I might end up gifting my brother whichever of the two colors I do not choose for Christmas. I'm sure he would not be disappointed!

Now comes the wait til end of October for both to ship. I'm excited!

This might help, since these were also in the original run (unlike Nebulous and Aubergine)

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff View Post

This might help, since these were also in the original run (unlike Nebulous and Aubergine)
    Chase Reeves is the man!!! I've been watching his videos for the longest and it's because of him that I found Tom Bihn. I did see that video a while back and that still didn't help. Both colors just look so good I couldn't decide on one. Sometimes once you have something literally in front of you is when you can best determine whether it works for you.

Thank you for the suggestion!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonium View Post
    Chase Reeves is the man!!! I've been watching his videos for the longest and it's because of him that I found Tom Bihn. I did see that video a while back and that still didn't help. Both colors just look so good I couldn't decide on one. Sometimes once you have something literally in front of you is when you can best determine whether it works for you.

Thank you for the suggestion!
    Be sure to let us know in a couple months if you actually return or give one away...
    ...or if you succumb to the ImKeepingBothColours disease...aka BuyAllTheBags
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Be sure to let us know in a couple months if you actually return or give one away...
    ...or if you succumb to the ImKeepingBothColours disease...aka BuyAllTheBags
    I plan to take more close up pictures of each when I receive them to see if it helps anybody decide in the future. I'm hoping the blue will be a bit darker and not a royal blue. Another fear I have is that the light color on the back of the bag would get dirty or stained really quickly with sweat (the weather in Miami is constantly hot with very high humidity). We don't really get seasons here!

I do fear liking both colors and being tempted to keep both bags, however I rather have different sized bags. Time will tell though!
    Last edited by anthonium; 09-16-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Rochester, NY, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if you keep the second one beyond the return window, they really hold their value and will do well on ebay.

There's one on there now, and the price with a day to go is only $20 below buying new:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tom-Bihn-Sy...EAAOSwV45bmaC-

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dang! i was gonna order a navy, but it's closed! If anyone's having a buyer's remorse, let me know...

Rochester, NY, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well now that the pre-order window is closed, does anybody else wonder which color won the popularity contest? Or am I the only weirdo that's interested in that bologna? My bet is on the blue, even thou I ordered a Nebulous myself...
    Last edited by ButtUglyJeff; 09-17-2018 at 11:27 AM. Reason: grammar

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well now that the pre-order window is closed, does anybody else wonder which color won the popularity contest? Or am I the only weirdo that's interested in that bologna? My bet is on the blue, even thou I ordered a Nebulous myself...
    Aubergine FTW! I was tempted to go for the blue, but grabbed a grey one myself.

Rochester, NY, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is my first pre-order on a Tom Bihn bag. Do they ever give order updates on how the batch of bags are progressing? I know the estimated completion date is 2 or 3 weeks away, I was just hoping for a blurb in the blog like "Bag are in progress, yada yada yada..."

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't seen them post updates but you can always call, email, or IM for an update.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is my first pre-order on a Tom Bihn bag. Do they ever give order updates on how the batch of bags are progressing? I know the estimated completion date is 2 or 3 weeks away, I was just hoping for a blurb in the blog like "Bag are in progress, yada yada yada..."
    We'll send out an email around the end of this week with an update Smilie

In the meantime...

Head-Up!  Guide's Edition Synapse 25 Pre-Order on 9/10-ges25-works-jpg
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

MA USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We'll send out an email around the end of this week with an update Smilie

In the meantime...

Head-Up!  Guide's Edition Synapse 25 Pre-Order on 9/10-ges25-works-jpg
    Heart Eyes
    DogBikeSpringRainbowTengu

Forum Member