Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We'll send out an email around the end of this week with an update

In the meantime...

Attachment 21174
    Dibs on that bag!

Rochester, NY, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'll send out an email around the end of this week with an update

In the meantime...

Attachment 21174
    Awww thanks, I wonder who's that is....lol

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are Mei's skilled hands in the photo, by the way. Will tell her everyone was excited to see her work!

Quote Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff View Post
    Awww thanks, I wonder who's that is....lol
    Us too. There's something extra cool about making a bag and knowing it's already claimed and has someone excitedly anticipating its arrival.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been waiting anxiously as this too is my first tom bihn bag...or bags actually. I ordered two (black and blue). One will be a Christmas gift, if I can part with it.

Atlanta, GA, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are Mei's skilled hands in the photo, by the way. Will tell her everyone was excited to see her work!

...Us too. There's something extra cool about making a bag and knowing it's already claimed and has someone excitedly anticipating its arrival.
    Please tell her, "Thank you for your hard work! It will get many years of use, and I can't wait to have it here."

By the seaside, England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really looking forward to my Mars Red GES25 with all the trimmings...
    (champing at the bit!)
    A45CC K CQPC 3DCCGES25 SK SCBQKTTMCBLSB TT TSS4 PCSBSCBTT CQPC PQBPQK LT SETT 3DCCQKS19 TT P3DCCTS PP BBLCBCP TTRi QK NFTD A30DLBC

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Be sure to let us know in a couple months if you actually return or give one away...
    ...or if you succumb to the ImKeepingBothColours disease...aka BuyAllTheBags

Well I received both bags today and after staring in at them for a while I am in awe of the craftsmanship and how awesome both colors look in real life. The blue is much more muted and darker than the bright blue color I thought it was (which is a good thing!). I'll keep playing with both but it is looking very unlikely that I would only keep one! Man I am seriously impressed and definitely a very very happy customer. I didn't think I could be so excited about a backpack!

Someone tell me it's normal to keep two colors of the exact same bag. Haha.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonium View Post
    Someone tell me it's normal to keep two colors of the exact same bag. Haha.
    ummmm, not sure a bunch of TB enablers are 'normal', but in the TB sense, it's totally normal!
    I have two DLBC, 4 TC, 3 SK, all the Cubelets, and many many many Shop Bags... and I'm actively searching for an original (white grid) Nordic/Solar S19 to go with my Black/Canyon S19....

Now some may eventually cycle out of my life in trade for other things...but it's better to get the colours you like (if you can swing it) and let them go later than to miss out on them if they're in a bag you'll really use
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ummmm, not sure a bunch of TB enablers are 'normal', but in the TB sense, it's totally normal!
    I have two DLBC, 4 TC, 3 SK, all the Cubelets, and many many many Shop Bags... and I'm actively searching for an original (white grid) Nordic/Solar S19 to go with my Black/Canyon S19....

Now some may eventually cycle out of my life in trade for other things...but it's better to get the colours you like (if you can swing it) and let them go later than to miss out on them if they're in a bag you'll really use
    Yeah I was afraid I'd miss out considering it's limited. I'm not familiar with the bag production process but does retired design on the site mean gone for good or that it could go back into production at some undetermined future?

Regardless I'm glad I bought both colors I wanted.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I was afraid I'd miss out considering it's limited. I'm not familiar with the bag production process but does retired design on the site mean gone for good or that it could go back into production at some undetermined future?
    My understanding is that it depends on the design... some have sign ups so that if they ever make it again in the future, you can be notified. Some, like the S25GE, @Darcy has mentioned that IF it's made again, it won't be for quite some time (6+ mo) and then maybe only in a pre-order scenario again... Others just flat out say 'retired'.

My perspective is that the colour combo you want may not be there again (ever or for a long time) and a lot of designs have retired in the year and a half or so since I found TB.... So it's better to buy and take advantage of the return window (see FAQ for details)... There are a ton of Forum members with more experience than myself who may have a different perspective though.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Mars Red came yesterday, and it is a beauty! I had a crimson BB a long time ago, and loved that but the Mars Red against the Coyote is just magic. Lots of fun Coyote accessories to play with and arrange inside too. I will really really hope for a Coyote 525 Snake Charmer now.
    Last edited by Bijouxandbeads; 11-03-2018 at 07:35 AM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My understanding is that it depends on the design... some have sign ups so that if they ever make it again in the future, you can be notified. Some, like the S25GE, @Darcy has mentioned that IF it's made again, it won't be for quite some time (6+ mo) and then maybe only in a pre-order scenario again... Others just flat out say 'retired'.

My perspective is that the colour combo you want may not be there again (ever or for a long time) and a lot of designs have retired in the year and a half or so since I found TB.... So it's better to buy and take advantage of the return window (see FAQ for details)... There are a ton of Forum members with more experience than myself who may have a different perspective though.
    In the end I'm keeping the black GE. I've been using it for a while and love it and have yet to use the blue one (still with tags and all). Although initially I bought both colors out of fear of missing out, in practice I just don't see myself switching between two backpacks and although the blue is really nice, the black called out to me more.

After using the guide's edition for a while, this will be the backpack I use until the end of my days! I absolutely love everything about it to the point I even take it to work despite it being a corporate setting. haha.

I am just in complete awe of the craftsmanship. Glad I found Tom Bihn!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the end I'm keeping the black GE. I've been using it for a while and love it and have yet to use the blue one (still with tags and all). Although initially I bought both colors out of fear of missing out, in practice I just don't see myself switching between two backpacks and although the blue is really nice, the black called out to me more.
    Maybe I should have bought both black and blue ones as you did. I was pondering doing so but I just ordered a blue one. Then I found it's too flashy for my needs. Although everybody says how comfortable the bag is, it didn't work quite well for me; the internal frame made it worse. Sadly, I returned the bag back to TB. Hey, you could sell your other bag at ebay for a profit. haha

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgets View Post
    Maybe I should have bought both black and blue ones as you did. I was pondering doing so but I just ordered a blue one. Then I found it's too flashy for my needs. Although everybody says how comfortable the bag is, it didn't work quite well for me; the internal frame made it worse. Sadly, I returned the bag back to TB. Hey, you could sell your other bag at ebay for a profit. haha
    I'm honestly not looking to profit as I would prefer just to breakeven. As for ebay, there's too many fees involved that I rather avoid that hassle. It's also not a sure thing I'd find a buyer for this color!

Too bad it didn't work out for you. I find the internal frame to be very comfortable and also prevents the back from looking too "droopy". This is the best bag I've owned to date.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8