Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Head-Up! Guide's Edition Synapse 25 Pre-Order on 9/10

I just received an email that the S25 Guide Edition will be available to pre-order 9/10. Woohoo! Here's an excerpt:

"This is an early heads-up that we plan to open the GES25 for pre-order on Monday, September 10th. You will receive a second* email from us on Monday 09/10 the moment the GES25 is made available for pre-order.

One of the cool things about us offering a bag for pre-order is that we'll make the color you choose from the available options. For this pre-order production run of the GES25, we will offer the classic colors Black, Deep Blue, or Mars Red in addition to new color options Nebulous Grey and Aubergine. You can see photos of the latter two new colors on the GES25 page.

A few more points of note:

•We will offer the GES25 for pre-order for one week or until the pre-order batch sells out. We do not know if we will make another production run of the GES25; if we do, it will not be for at least six months as our production schedule is fully booked.
    •The expected ship date for the GES25 is late October.
    •The Truck and Small and Large Zip-Top Shop Bags will also be available for pre-order on 09/10 with a ship date of late October.
    •Your credit card is charged for the total amount of your order the day that you place your order. You can cancel your pre-order at any time and receive a refund.
    •You can place an order that includes just a Pre-Order bag or a Pre-Order bag *and* In-Stock bags.
    •You can also place additional orders for In-Stock bags to be added to your existing Pre-Order up until two days before your order ships."
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aubergine and Coyote!!!! My favorite combination.

By the seaside, England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm normally an Aubergine fan but not keen on the combo with Coyote. I'm wondering which colour... like the blue (but haven't seen that precise shade in real life yet), really like the Mars Red - but recall seeing a forum post from someone who suggested that actually in real life it's a lot rustier than the photos make it seem. Any guidance gratefully received on that score!

(if I do pull the trigger there's a danger it's going to be a 'full monty' GES25 including the padded hip belt and some lash straps... I missed out on the first iteration of the GES25, and a few years back I missed out on the S25 in Nordic/Solar because of a temporary cashflow issue. Reluctant to miss out again!)
    A45CC K CQPC 3DCCGES25 SK SCBQKTTMCBLSB TT TSS4 PCSBSCBTT CQPC PQBPQK LT SETT 3DCCQKS19 TT P3DCCTS PP BBLCBCP TTRi QK NFTD A30DLBC

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO, Mars Red is a beautiful autumnal deep red, not bright or christmassy... the Deep Blue is also amazing and Black is classic... don't think you can go wrong with any of them, including the two new versions in Aubergine & Nebulous...
    If it were available in an S19, would probably go for the Black, Deep Blue, and Aubergine, in that order... whilst I love grey's of all tones, to me the Coyote goes better with the other colours... and I already have some Mars Red items, so I'd want something different for a bag that big

Good luck with your choice!
    Last edited by G42; 09-07-2018 at 05:42 AM.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't think I was an aubergine / coyote fan until I got my Medium Road Duffle. It's a beautiful combination, really!

Photos in this thread:

https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...ght=doggienaut
    Last edited by BWeaves; 09-07-2018 at 01:47 PM.

Hampshire, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulT00 View Post
    I'm normally an Aubergine fan but not keen on the combo with Coyote. I'm wondering which colour... like the blue (but haven't seen that precise shade in real life yet), really like the Mars Red - but recall seeing a forum post from someone who suggested that actually in real life it's a lot rustier than the photos make it seem. Any guidance gratefully received on that score!
    I originally bought a Mars Red Travel Cubelet because I did want that bright ‘Christmas’ red colour. On receiving it I realised it’s much more of a rusty red (on reflection, Mars Red is actually a very accurate colour name). At first I was a bit disappointed but I now have a copilot, SCB, Side Kick and Side Effect in it.

In natural light, the red is stronger, in more muted light the rustyness comes out. I like it.

Most of my Mars Red items are partnered with Dawn or NWS rather than Canyon so those cooler internal colours keep the red more red in my eyes. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Argh, wish I hadn't pulled the trigger on the regular Synapse (already used so can't return it!)

Good thing it holds its value well, I'm definitely going to order a Guides Edition. Think I'd use the bottom strap holders to attach a rain jacket, thus saving the bottom pocket for socks and underwear. This way I won't have to pack the main compartment quite so full and hopefully the water bottle pocket will be more accessible.

Then I'd use the attachment point on the top outside of the Guides Edition to attach a guitalele (6 string ukulele) - it should be possible! That would make for everything I would ever bring on a trip to be attached to the Synapse. Brilliant!

By the seaside, England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseffect View Post
    I originally bought a Mars Red Travel Cubelet because I did want that bright ‘Christmas’ red colour. On receiving it I realised it’s much more of a rusty red (on reflection, Mars Red is actually a very accurate colour name). At first I was a bit disappointed but I now have a copilot, SCB, Side Kick and Side Effect in it.
    That's a serious collection of red stuff! Thanks ever so much for posting the picture - I think the decision is made... also... I may have to order a MR Travel Cubelet too!
    (it's a slippery slope...)
    (and it strikes me that the Travel Cubelet is roughly the same size as the original Citizen Canine bag - although the details are very different - and could possibly be used in a similar role)
    Last edited by PaulT00; 09-07-2018 at 12:01 PM.
    A45CC K CQPC 3DCCGES25 SK SCBQKTTMCBLSB TT TSS4 PCSBSCBTT CQPC PQBPQK LT SETT 3DCCQKS19 TT P3DCCTS PP BBLCBCP TTRi QK NFTD A30DLBC

Forum Member
    Perth, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah you guys are terrible. I was perfectly fine living my life thinking the Synapses were nothing I needed. Then you come along and post up pictures mars red and suddenly I’m preordering a GES25. I suppose the divorce will be worth it Head-Up!  Guide's Edition Synapse 25 Pre-Order on 9/10

The Earth, we share.
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, indeed. They are absolutely terrible.
    I'm already somewhat satisfy with whatever TB I had but this came long.

I have a Red Blend SCB, not sure how this Mars Red SCB will differ. I will check it out later, by comparing with my Side Kick Mars Red.

Yup, I absolutely agreed. Mars red with Cloud would be a great combo too.
    Last edited by weirdguy; 09-07-2018 at 07:15 PM.
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
    Yup, I absolutely agreed. Mars red with Cloud would be a great combo too.
    You do know that the Mars Red/Cloud combination was offered in the initial release of 525d Ballistic Nylon Synapses, don't you? I liked all the original colors of the Guide's Edition versions of the Synapse 25, but I just happen to like Mars Red with Black accents better than with Coyote. On the other hand, I really like the Coyote with the Deep Blue and Black.

I also agree with @Perseffect that Mars Red/Dawn is a great color combination.

moriond

Forum Member
    Yorkshire, England, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ugh, do not have the funds to pre order a Guide 25 next week. Love the aubergine Head-Up!  Guide's Edition Synapse 25 Pre-Order on 9/10 colour with the coyote.

I’ll have to wait and see if they do a pre-order again in the future.

Tom Bihn Newbie- HAVE: Synapse 19 (cloud grey & Island blue)
    WISHLIST: Medium cafe bag, Synapse 25, travel tray, 13 inch MacBook cache, iPad mini cache, Aeronaut 45 (grey/&UV), Spiff Kit, Side Kick

Forum Member
    Perth, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does pre order work? Pay upfront? Or pay when the item is shipped?

Forum Member
    The Carolinas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordAnubis View Post
    How does pre order work? Pay upfront? Or pay when the item is shipped?

Pre-orders: Frequently Asked Questions

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseffect View Post

In natural light, the red is stronger, in more muted light the rustyness comes out. I like it.

Most of my Mars Red items are partnered with Dawn or NWS rather than Canyon so those cooler internal colours keep the red more red in my eyes. Hope this helps.

Whoa -- whats that neat double hook way you're mounting the sidekick to the back of an airline seat?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast