Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nebulous Grey!

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff View Post
    I hope they do the Aeronaut in the Nebulous/Island combo eventually too.

The larger bags (Aeronaut, TS, WF, etc) are in the 1050 ballistic and right now Nebulous is in the lighter weight 525 ballistic...
    Never say never, if it's popular enough, maybe they'll get it in the heavier weight.

They also don't seem to use the 210 ballistic as an interior (as far as I have seen) on the larger bags... so 200 halcyon Island would be more likely...
    Steel/Island A45&Pilot; Steel/Solar WF&CP; Blk/Canyon S19; Steel Halcyon/Solar S19; Navy/NWSky A30; Blk Halcyon/NWSky SA; Olive/Canyon Luminary

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tress29 View Post
    Nebulous/UV! Hope that shows up sometime!
    That's showing as 'in production' for the Swift
    Steel/Island A45&Pilot; Steel/Solar WF&CP; Blk/Canyon S19; Steel Halcyon/Solar S19; Navy/NWSky A30; Blk Halcyon/NWSky SA; Olive/Canyon Luminary

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    That's showing as 'in production' for the Swift
    But I don't need one.

So far I've been good about not ordering willy-nilly. I have a teenager in college...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Nebulous gray is really beautiful and it's a great combination with the Island!

Here is a photo of my new Nebulous/Island S25 next to my cordura Gray/UV S19.

As you can see the Nebulous is a touch darker and shinier (but still very neutral) in comparison. I've been having a bit of remorse since the GE S25 came back a few days after my order. I'm currently debating whether or not to keep the S25 since it's so similar to my S19.

Nebulous Grey!-img_3279-jpg

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know there are pictures posted but I still can't grasp how the nebulous gray would appear in real life. Can someone confirm if it is a really dark gray? Is it very shiny/reflective? Does it look like a lighter gray when walking around outside? I'm stuck between this or just plain black.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonium View Post
    I know there are pictures posted but I still can't grasp how the nebulous gray would appear in real life. Can someone confirm if it is a really dark gray? Is it very shiny/reflective? Does it look like a lighter gray when walking around outside? I'm stuck between this or just plain black.
    It’s super hard to get a representation with all the different kinds of light, but taking the existing pictures, if you can picture the black ballistic bag looking exactly like the zippers on the nebulous grey you can get an idea of the difference in the overall color. It does have a sheen to it but I wouldn’t say it’s shiny. I actually ordered the black ballistic/island combo first because customer service said the nebulous combo wouldn’t be in stock before a trip I was planning to take, then it was, so I sent it back because I like this one so much better.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonium View Post
    I don't know if this helps, but I had posted these photos in a different thread:
    https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...tml#post164493

I think the first photo of the nebulous grey bag in the cart seems most accurate to my eyes of how it looks indoors (dark grey). In bright sunlight, it appears much lighter in photos, so it is hard to get an accurate representation.
    Last edited by NWhikergal; 09-13-2018 at 06:24 PM.
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWhikergal View Post
    I don't know if this helps, but I had posted these photos in a different thread:
    https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...tml#post164493

I think the first photo of the nebulous grey bag in the cart seems most accurate to my eyes of how it looks indoors (dark grey). In bright sunlight, it appears much lighter in photos, so it is hard to get an accurate representation.
    Thank you that does help a lot!

Curious, is the nebulous the color that is featured in the zipper pulls found here? https://www.tombihn.com/collections/...nt=16560980615

Also, is it just the lighting or do the metal zippers have a copper color? I thought these all came in one color, silver?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have a little time before you place your order? You can request a swatch from customer support, just email them. Swatches have helped me choose between colors several times.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by twosandalz View Post
    Do you have a little time before you place your order? You can request a swatch from customer support, just email them. Swatches have helped me choose between colors several times.
    I didn't know this was a possibility. I'm not in a rush so I'll be contacting them. Thank you for this great suggestion!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A confluence of deliveries the other day provided this nice comparison of grays:

The Cubelet (left) is Nebulous Gray 525 Ballistic; the Red Blend DLBP interior (top) is Steel Parapack, and the Olive DLBC interior (bottom) is Cloud 210 Ballistic. The pic is without flash, but the colors all appear a little lighter in the picture than in real life.
    Nebulous Grey!-mcbzyr6tgssaj_cg-gus380gbd8-keshcfamd5h-djoq9xqi_ewbfagsht3ddaig-gfxqnhp7eq-c9ddmvdufgeyux59saqh-jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2