Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MCB haylcon vs ballistic

I am new to TB and I am considering buying a MCB but canít decide on the fabric, halcyon or ballistic?

Alabama
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pcruz31 View Post
    I am new to TB and I am considering buying a MCB but canít decide on the fabric, halcyon or ballistic?
    It's more of a personal preference, but ballistic will hold shape more, while halcyon is more pliable and forgiving of odd shaped items.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, I am looking for a durable bag and I am a little skeptical of the halcyon, even though I’ve done my research that all TB fabric are great quality.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ballistic is gorgeous and I would say a slightly less casual look. The halcyon kind of screams casual/outdoorsy to me, but that might be my own taste. ☺️What color are you thinking?
    A30 - Original Halcyon/UV MB - Aubergine/NWS LCB - Original Halcyon/Wasabi! MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! SE - NORDIC/Solar TC - Viridian/Dawn TT - UV/Sitka/Monarch

TB Newbie First factory visit - 9/21/2018

Heartís desire: a S19 or S25 in original NORDIC.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessmakes View Post
    The ballistic is gorgeous and I would say a slightly less casual look. The halcyon kind of screams casual/outdoorsy to me, but that might be my own taste. ☺️What color are you thinking?
    I was thinking about a black one.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pictures to compare would be gladly appreciated.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pictures to compare would be gladly appreciated.
    I can't help with pictures, but you can see them on the product page. If you go with the black halcyon with black grid, the difference will not be super noticeable at a distance (vs black ballistic). But if you go with the black halcyon with white grid, that will be much more obvious. Which lining would you rather have - wasabi or cloud? That might help clear things up for you as the black with black grid halcyon comes with wasabi, vs the black ballistic with cloud.

Truthfully, I don't think there is a bad option, no matter which way you go. :-)
    A30 - Original Halcyon/UV MB - Aubergine/NWS LCB - Original Halcyon/Wasabi! MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! SE - NORDIC/Solar TC - Viridian/Dawn TT - UV/Sitka/Monarch

TB Newbie First factory visit - 9/21/2018

Heartís desire: a S19 or S25 in original NORDIC.

Forum Member
    SF Bay Area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I chose the ballistic, because I reasoned that this bag needs a little more stiffness. I've never owned a bag like this so I was guessing about that. Turns out I'm happy with the ballistic because it holds its shape much better in my opinion. That could well vary depending on the bag and design, etc.