Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Alabama
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    I want to carry the smallest bag that will do the job.
    This. I think this is why I have gone from one bag to three bags, I like the best bag for the job. I have never been able to just under pack a bag. If there is empty space I feel like it's a waste and either need to fill it or find a smaller bag.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by melminimalist; 09-24-2018 at 03:31 PM.
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

NYC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm trying to figure out the best bag combo or single bag that works well for me, too. I have a shoulder injury that my new S25 isn't kind to so the S25 is getting quality closet time. I find that a lightly loaded DLBP isn't unkind to my shoulder but I haven't yet paired it with other bags. If I don't want to think too much or am in a hurry, I resort to using my all time favorite PT and often throw in the FS from my MCB along with a TC.

I like having choices of bags to use and I do have 2 MCBs, one of which I've not used yet. I am finding that I try to pick the best bag or bags for what I have to carry each day. Mood figures into bag choice for me. Sometimes the color of the bag will temper my mood. Comfort is also something else that I have to take into consideration.

In summary, there are many elements that play into what bag or bags I will carry out into the world with me each day. I think I might have an EODC or ETDC rather than an EDC where the O stands for Other and T stands for Third. If I'm using a backpack I will always need to have an easily accessible second bag that can carry the things I need often. I love how the TB pouches allow for easy and quick change from one bag to another.

Once my shoulder injury heals I do plan on taking nearly all of my non-TB bags to Goodwill. This task has to wait because the bag bin is buried at the bottom of a closet.

Forum Member
    New England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there is empty space I feel like it's a waste
    Same! It irritates me when the bag I'm carrying holds mostly air.

Southern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by twosandalz View Post
    Same! It irritates me when the bag I'm carrying holds mostly air.
    I donít mind carrying a larger bag than I need, I consider it ďjust in case spaceĒ. I get upset if I pack and carry things on a trip and end up not wearing them though.

Forum Member
    New England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRD View Post
    I don’t mind carrying a larger bag than I need, I consider it “just in case space”. I get upset if I pack and carry things on a trip and end up not wearing them though.
    Trip bags are different. I don't travel enough to justify a collection of travel bags so I regularly leave my suitcase half empty. More annoying than carrying air is having bags that I rarely use.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3