Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Southern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you aren't averse to wearing the suit on the plane and to/from the airport, I've found that the EB briefcase is great for a one-night, one-bag business trip. It's roomy enough on the inside to put a laptop and business papers on one side, and then, separated by one of the file dividers, an extra undershirt, dress shirt, socks, underwear in a packing cube and a toiletry bag on the other side. Of course, wearing the suit on the plane and difficulty packing gym clothes/shoes are complications. I have not tried this with a second pair of shoes.

If it's warm, the EB is deep enough that you can fold/roll up your suit jacket and put it in the main compartment above the laptop/papers/packing cubes.....

Hampshire, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iím a huge fan of the Tristar for what you describe. As was already posted, Iíd use the WF for one pair of shoes (on me) but for a second pair, I move to the trusty Tristar.

You asked about dyneema v Ballistic, in this size of bag, my preference has always been Ballistic. The extra weight is far outweighed by robustness in my opinion.

See here for my video on the Tristar if it helps.

https://youtu.be/cNkY-mwY7cI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Forum Member
    Michigan
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by czl663 View Post
    Just to clarify, the 2nd pair of shoes refers to wear one on the foot and put the other in the bag?
    Correct. Pair on the feet, pair in the bag. I've put shoes in the bag but very difficult with toiletries, gear and stuff.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for your sharing and advice! I have placed my order for a tri-star plus a DLBK and some assessories. Look forward to using the TS in my next trip. Will share my feedback at here as follow up.

通过我的 MIX 2 上的 Tapatalk发言

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseffect View Post
    Iím a huge fan of the Tristar for what you describe. As was already posted, Iíd use the WF for one pair of shoes (on me) but for a second pair, I move to the trusty Tristar.

You asked about dyneema v Ballistic, in this size of bag, my preference has always been Ballistic. The extra weight is far outweighed by robustness in my opinion.

See here for my video on the Tristar if it helps.

https://youtu.be/cNkY-mwY7cI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice review! Definitely an endorsement for my purchase

通过我的 MIX 2 上的 Tapatalk发言

Forum Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And you mean you put two pairs of shoes in a WF as well as other stuff such as laptop, clothes, toiletry, etc? Wow!
    Yes, a total of three pairs on the trip. Though I haven't tried 2 pair of oxfords in the bag before. The second pair is always a flatter shoe (like this or this) that I can get into a packing cube with my 3-1-1 bag and underwear or other pouches. And I always soft pack in and around the oxfords, helps keep their shape and I can't afford to lose space in a bag this size! I have a pair of pointy Ted Baker oxfords that are a tight fit, but the legendary Bihn seams hold tight.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imperator View Post
    Yes, a total of three pairs on the trip. Though I haven't tried 2 pair of oxfords in the bag before. The second pair is always a flatter shoe (like this or this) that I can get into a packing cube with my 3-1-1 bag and underwear or other pouches. And I always soft pack in and around the oxfords, helps keep their shape and I can't afford to lose space in a bag this size! I have a pair of pointy Ted Baker oxfords that are a tight fit, but the legendary Bihn seams hold tight.
    cool! thanks! btw, what'sa 3-1-1 bag?

通过我的 MIX 2 上的 Tapatalk发言

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shorthand for the TSA rule about max 3oz liquids in one 1QT bag

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/frequentl...1-liquids-rule
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my case, a 3D clear cube in a perky Solar dyneema

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2