Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Luminary 14

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Luminary 14

I know its been asked before, but I can't remember the answer! Or fine the threads. Any idea's on the timeline for the Luminary 14 to be released?

How do I get a notification when it starts in production? I'm getting restless waiting.............

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    blog post, expected early 2019

https://blog.tombihn.com/update-on-t...nary-backpacks

Steel/Island A45&Pilot; Steel/Solar WF&CP; Blk/Canyon S19; Steel Halcyon/Solar S19; Navy/NWSky A30; Blk Halcyon/NWSky SA; Olive/Canyon Luminary

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come on early 2019....................

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We plan to begin the PPB (Pre-Production Batch) of the Luminary 10 and the Luminary 14 within the next couple of weeks. The PPB serves as the first large-scale test of the efficiency of manufacturing any new design.

It's a busy time of year for us -- we're also preparing to debut a new design and a couple of new-ish designs on 11/26 (pages for all will be up before then so there will be time to learn about the designs before the day they're orderable) -- but nonetheless I hope to document the Luminary PPBs for a post on the blog that explains the process in more detail. (The first pre-order for the Luminaries is still slated for early 2019 / no PPB bags are available for shipment until then.)
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do y'all think the regular batches of Luminary bags would ship by June 2019? I might want to take one to France for the World Cup with me instead of the Synapse 19.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooo... November 26th
    I couldn't help to think the new-ish design could be related to Daylight Briefcase as well as Stowaway, or related to a mix Briefcase/Messenger style kind of bag.

You see. I'd been waiting and waiting for a Nebulous Grey DLBC since I first hear of the coming new Grey. Daylight Backpack has it, so does Café Bag, Cubelet, TC and even Synapse, The Truck, Brain Bag and Co-Pilot. Though Side Effect and Side Kick not yet (I think). It is somewhat weird that Production Schedule of DLBC did not pre-plan for the coming new Grey to be available as close as the others availability. It did looks like on-purpose for something. While Stowaway, In-Production options look empty for quite a while. With no conservative color for such bag, it is somewhat weird.

Oh maybe. It is a new Wallet that we got tipped about quite some times ago!

Ah. Anyway, I could be very wrong with my opinionated assessment. I just had my order last week, so I'm a bit wreck and heavy hearted to hear *new stuff(s)* is coming at so soon.
    Last edited by weirdguy; 10-26-2018 at 03:33 AM.
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep hoping Tom will stick to his guns about no bags with flaps and will make a small cafe that zips closed, no flap and buckle. The openness and large clip in conjunction with a closed flap bug me. I had bags like that in the late 90s. Not a fan of them any more, but I know they are popular. Oh well!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd sign on to purchase one like this. I've carried handbags for going on 40 years, and discovered many (many) years ago that I just can't do flaps.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what is coming on the 26th? and when are we going to know what is coming?
    I am going to place an order soon for Europe... and I'm not sure if I should wait or not

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marbenais View Post
    Do y'all think the regular batches of Luminary bags would ship by June 2019? I might want to take one to France for the World Cup with me instead of the Synapse 19.
    The pre-order batches of both sizes of Luminary will ship before June 2019, but at this point we can't predict when either size of Luminary would become a stock bag. One of the cool things about the pre-order system is that it offers us more creative solutions when it comes to fitting in production runs of certain designs into our already-packed production schedule. That flexibility and the nimble responsiveness it affords us means we're able to meet more requests for particular bags or particular colors, but less able to provide longer-term productions. If that makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by El_Cid View Post
    what is coming on the 26th? and when are we going to know what is coming?
    I am going to place an order soon for Europe... and I'm not sure if I should wait or not
    The bad news: we can't offer any hints about the last debut of this year.

The good news: the pages for the new designs will go live on our website on 11/19, so everyone will have a full week to read the product descriptions, look at the photos, assess the specs and consider whether the new designs are right for them (or not!) in advance of when they're actually in-stock and orderable on 11/26. We'll also do our best to answer any questions about the new designs that pop up here in the Forums.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now I'm counting down the days until the 19th!!! The anticipation is going to kill me!!! Not really, just ready to see what's what.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it's here guys - the 19th. Anyone noticed anything new?

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Cid View Post
    Well it's here guys - the 19th. Anyone noticed anything new?
    Check the site around 8am Pacific time

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers! Will do

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    8 AM Pacific Time - no updates

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast