Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    The Texas Panhandle
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Burnt Orange Brain Bag?

Hey Darcy,
    Does there happen to be any chance of the Burnt Orange 525 coming to the Brain Bag?
    S19 & S19/Island; S25/Island, S25/NW Sky; GE S25 & GE S25/Coyote; S30/Coyote; BB/Canyon; SA/Island, SA/U.V., SA/Wasabi, SA & SA/Steel; A30/Zest; A45/Island, A45/Steel; MCB/Wasabi, MCB & MCB/Canyon.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardMcG View Post
    Hey Darcy,
    Does there happen to be any chance of the Burnt Orange 525 coming to the Brain Bag?
    Yes, there is a good chance Smilie However, the timeline isn't that clear yet -- likely sometime early-mid 2019.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

NJ
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OH. I must keep my eyes peeled for this! While I really LOVE my Mars Red/Canyon BB, I would love to add to my Burnt Orange collection (and of course make my BB available to others!).
    Eat well, travel often.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not that it's getting long in the tooth, but it would be great if there was some consideration in maybe updating the Brain Bag with some minor improvements. Such as:

1. Eliminating the front lash straps and have two side pockets instead. The front lash straps always seemed awkward to me. Two gusseted side pockets, big enough for a 1L Nalgene, would be much more useable.

2. Option to add a frame sheet. At 36 liters the padded waist belt is good, but a frame sheet like the one the Synapse has would make it better. Curious why a 25 liter backpack would have the option of frame sheet, but a 36 liter does not? The Brain Bag is also larger than the Guide's Pack and the Guide's Pack has an internal frame. Even the Aeronaut has option to add a frame sheet.

3. Perhaps a mesh pocket (3D with volume) or organizer in one of the two main compartments. I suppose this can be mitigated with a Freudian Slip, but the two main compartments are currently bare. Maybe have molle or other kind of attachment points to add pouches inside.

Sorry for the thread hijack.
    Last edited by rogsim; 11-06-2018 at 10:02 AM.

Forum Member
    The Texas Panhandle
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Yes, there is a good chance Smilie However, the timeline isn't that clear yet -- likely sometime early-mid 2019.
    Darcy, you rock! Thanks
    S19 & S19/Island; S25/Island, S25/NW Sky; GE S25 & GE S25/Coyote; S30/Coyote; BB/Canyon; SA/Island, SA/U.V., SA/Wasabi, SA & SA/Steel; A30/Zest; A45/Island, A45/Steel; MCB/Wasabi, MCB & MCB/Canyon.