1-800-729-9607 | emailus@tombihn.com

Shop Tom Bihn
TOM BIHN Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. TOM BIHN has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could Daylight Briefcase be packed inside Synapse 25?

I want to choose the combination of Synapse 25 and Daylight Briefcase for business trips. The ideal setup is:

On the road:
    - Synapse 25 as the only bag
    - Daylight Briefcase packed inside Synapse 25
    - A 13'' Thinkpad packed inside Synapse 25 with a cache

At the destination:
    - Carry the 13'' Thinkpad with Daylight Briefcase
    - Leave the Synapse 25 in the hotel

But I don't know whether Daylight Briefcase could fit inside Synapse 25. Does anybody have the experience using them together?

Thanks. (Hope my English is understandable)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nevermind me, posted on wrong thread :x

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, that works. I tried it with my 14 Thinkpad (without a cache though) inside a DLBC and put this combination in my S25. You will still have space for other things...
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently got a DLBC and it fits perfect into the S25 main compartment vertically or horizontally. I don't have the same computer but had it loaded with hanging file folders.

When placed horizontally at bottom of main compartment, a packed PCSB fits above it and the zipper is easy to close.

Depending on the load carried in front pockets, there can be some or upwards to a lot of room for a second item to fit in front or behind the DLBC packed horizontally.

My recent purchase with my 1.5 year old cordura S25 with front pockets empty, i was able to fit a DLBC horizontally with an almost fully packed A45 large packing cube in front of it, and a packed PCSB on top of those items. The bag was not bulging out, zippers closed well, and some room was left in the front compartments. YMMV as i feel the aging process of my S25 has allowed the material to reflex and increase capacity.