Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Island looked good in the wallet tethered to the Dawn TC, but on its own I think the color reads a little juvenile and its main use for me won't be with my TC, so I went with Dawn, Dawn, glorious Dawn.

And my brother has just become the proud owner of a woodpile, so the wrap will be a perfect Christmas present.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had been waiting to order some things - Cubelets (Alphaviolet and Viridian), a padded belt for the SA - and so I am waiting for those along with two #4 wallets in Cloud and Dawn, and a #3 in Nordic. The Dawn one is for me! for when I'm going out or traveling, and don't need my usual assortment of cards and coins. Will offer DH his choice of loop or no loop, and whatever he doesn't want will likely be for my brother. Or even DS, for the odd occasion when he actually carries cash. - I did think about ordering the black for DH, as that's his default, but it's so minimalist that I'm afraid he will lose track of it in his bag! (Since he hasn't yet converted to a TB bag with bright interior and keystraps. Wink)

Forum Member
    New York City
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ordered the Shadow Guide. May black rule forever. puhahaha. Cool
    Currently Own:
    Shadow Guide [Black], Guide's Edition S25 [Black], Large Cafe Bag [Black Halcyon], Brain Bag [Grey/Steel]

Shared:
    A45 [Nordic Halcyon], PCBP[Fjord Halcyon], Small Shop Bag [Original Black Dyneema]

Forum Member
    New England
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I'm a bit surprised that Coyote isn't more popular -- maybe it doesn't photograph as well as it looks in person
    It shows up on my screen as a drab tan, rather than the rich color it is in person.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by twosandalz View Post
    It shows up on my screen as a drab tan, rather than the rich color it is in person.
    It's actually close in color to regular Coyote Ballistic. I don't think I did a particularly good job with my pictures:

A bit too light in the above image, but you can see that the color is close to regular Coyote Ballistic Nylon.

This color is closer, but it's a bit dark.

ETA: I see that all the Wallet #4 colors have sold out. Actually, it could have happened an hour earlier -- last time I checked before there was just 1 Grass left.
    Last edited by moriond; 11-26-2018 at 04:58 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am so excited for the Road Buddy 60! I have & love my medium Skookum Dog Road Duffel. Always wanted the bigger version, kept postponing getting one, and then they were gone. I was so bummed.

I love the end pockets, the u shaped opening, and the storage cube friendly overall shape. And the overall TB quality/ruggedness. While I love going carry-on only when flying, the Road Buddy going to be great on longer car based trips with the dogs.

But I think I already changed my mind on which color Wallet #4 to get (even though I had a week to decide) so I am glad they will be restocked!
    What's better than o-rings? More o-rings.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been away for awhile but swung by JUST in time to see the new, awesome Road Buddy duffels. Admittedly I had to go with another American made vendor to get a similar duffel a few years ago (end pockets are must for me) - which is a great bag but the hardware is overkill for me and makes the bag twice as heavy. But...hubby is in need of a Christmas present now and the black Road Buddy 60 shall be his gift (in use...well it depends on if he beats me to it or not - LOL)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @Fever39,
    I'm from New York, and most of my Tom Bihn bags are not Black, because… life is too short. (I switched my ordering color preferences soon after my first orders in 2004). On the other hand, I think the Shadow Guide is pretty sweet (-- as long as you switch out the accents to red straps and cords! Just kidding). This is going to be hard for me to photograph and review this week because I have a ton of work that is not movable, and all came in with deadlines just when they announced the new products.

I will just quickly say that this is a comfortable carry for me (just under 5'4", petite build) as long as I pull out the internal frame sheet. I haven't figured out if there is a simple way to adjust the frame, but I personally don't think it's generally needed in this slim, minimalist ruck sack type of design. I'll state that I don't usually use a frame with my Synapse 25 (Steel 400d Halcyon/Wasabi from the very first production batch -- the only one that used the narrower backpack strap spacing of the earlier/original Synapse 19), but the Guide's Edition Synapse 25 (Deep Blue/Coyote) with its default frame sheet fits me fine.

You can see from the product page image that the bottom is angled:
    Attachment 21400

but this works fine for me -- could be an issue of torso length for people who are much shorter, though -- I think it might work for folks like @panda2mama. Just that the frame sheet made me feel that my back was suppose to be broader and flatter, and it wasn't comfortable against my back even out of the bag, which is generally the sign that I shouldn't use it. For the rest, I quite liked it. Bit challenging to photograph well with all that black.

Well, the Men in Black movie was shot in NYC. See this for the bit of history.

HTH

moriond
    Ha, how did you know I was contemplating this black ninja bag? I have the padded hip belt with my SA, and that seems to be the limit how far up the bag is on my back. With this longer bag, I might just skip the padded hip belts. I'm 5'1" with a short torso, so big bags are challenging. But hubby might be the one who will end up with it and he is 5'10", so that should be fine.

I haven't start dumping things in the shopping cart, seems like some things are already out of stock. Oh well, save me money.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    12 midnight Singapore Time is 8 am start of purchasing items on 26 November but upon checkout showed "No Shipping Method". Kat was simply fantastic to help resolve the problem by splitting the original Order which cannot be completed (No Shipping Method) into 2 Orders with one shipping cost to Singapore. Tried to complete the 2 Orders 8 am Singapore Time and found one Order cannot be completed as Wallet #3 Black Halcyon Sold Out. I was simply amazed at the speed of items flashing RED "Few more left" but was completely helpless until
    Kat found the reason why I cannot checkout "No Shipping Method". Tonight, I am very happy to purchase most of the items in my Wish List minus some Wallets due to excellent support from Kat. Many Thanks to Kat and Tom Bihn Customer Service.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wallet just arrived and it's great!!! So excited. Thanks especially to Nik and Fong for making wallet #4 a reality - it's wonderful. I particularly like how, since the wallet is smaller than the COW, it will now fit into the side pocket on my Maker Bag, rather than needing to go into the middle pocket.

November Debut Thread-img_5503-jpgNovember Debut Thread-img_5504-jpgNovember Debut Thread-img_5505-jpg
    A30 - Original Halcyon/UV MB - Aubergine/NWS LCB - Original Halcyon/Wasabi! MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! SE - NORDIC/Solar TT - Sitka

TB Newbie Rainbow First factory visit - 9/21/2018

Heart’s desire: a S19 or S25 in original NORDIC.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just took this photo about 1/2 hour ago of Irma (and Long, who just barely isn't in the photo!) spreading clear urethane for the next production run of Nik's Minimalist Wallets. They'll be restocked by 12/7.

November Debut Thread-tom-bihn-wallets-works-jpg

And I'm going to post this photo later on Instagram but you guys get to see it first. The Monday after Thanksgiving is usually our busiest shipping day of the year and this Monday was no exception. Kat created some box art that celebrated everyone's efforts in the fulfillment department:

November Debut Thread-box-art-yesterday-1-jpg

That six people (plus Kim keeping them going by bringing over bánh měs) are able to ship all of the orders that came in by 12:30pm, answer all emails and live chats as well as the phones and help folks in our showroom and be (of course) very tired at the end of the day but proud of their work and of each other and in good spirits says a lot about the people Kat, Tim, Matt, Matthew, Cody and Mike are. We consider ourselves very lucky to have them as part of our crew.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Just took this photo about 1/2 hour ago of Irma (and Long, who just barely isn't in the photo!) spreading clear urethane for the next production run of Nik's Minimalist Wallets. They'll be restocked by 12/7.

November Debut Thread-tom-bihn-wallets-works-jpg

And I'm going to post this photo later on Instagram but you guys get to see it first. The Monday after Thanksgiving is usually our busiest shipping day of the year and this Monday was no exception. Kat created some box art that celebrated everyone's efforts in the fulfillment department:

November Debut Thread-box-art-yesterday-1-jpg

That six people (plus Kim keeping them going by bringing over bánh měs) are able to ship all of the orders that came in by 12:30pm, answer all emails and live chats as well as the phones and help folks in our showroom and be (of course) very tired at the end of the day but proud of their work and of each other and in good spirits says a lot about the people Kat, Tim, Matt, Matthew, Cody and Mike are. We consider ourselves very lucky to have them as part of our crew.
    Thank you all - you're the best. I know that launch days are crazy!
    A30 - Original Halcyon/UV MB - Aubergine/NWS LCB - Original Halcyon/Wasabi! MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! SE - NORDIC/Solar TT - Sitka

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessmakes View Post
    My wallet just arrived and it's great!!! So excited. Thanks especially to Nik and Fong for making wallet #4 a reality - it's wonderful. I particularly like how, since the wallet is smaller than the COW, it will now fit into the side pocket on my Maker Bag, rather than needing to go into the middle pocket.
    So exciting to see these thank you @jessmakes -- I think these are the first post-debut photos of the wallets! Just sent the link to your post over to Nik Smilie
    Last edited by Darcy; 11-27-2018 at 04:34 PM.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    So exciting to see these thank you @jessmakes -- I think these are the first post-debut photos of the wallets! Just sent the link to your post over to Nik Smilie
    I might have headed home early from work (what, I'm working remotely!) just because I knew when UPS would be showing up...

Forum Member
    Sandhills of the Carolinas
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the Firewood carrier already out of stock?

https://www.tombihn.com/products/firewood-carrier

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast