Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pages are live!

Nik's Minimalist Wallets

Shadow Guide
    (also: Shadow Guide Padded Hip Belt)

Road Buddy Duffel 36
    Road Buddy Duffel 60
    (also: Road Buddy Lash Straps)

Tom's Firewood Carrier

We hope you guys have as much fun learning about the new designs as we did making (and using!) them.

If these designs resonate with you, we think you'll appreciate them: we've been using them ourselves for over a year now (and, in the case of the Road Buddys and Firewood Carrier, we've been using variations on the new designs for decades) and they're stellar. Solid design/materials/workmanship, easy on the eyes, and they do what they need to do.

And if you didn't see what you were hoping for this time around.... there's always next year (And the Wish List thread!)

Happy to answer questions anyone has about the bags -- feel free to ask!

P.S. Here's a link to the blog post with a summary of each design.
    Last edited by Darcy; 11-19-2018 at 08:04 AM.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are the new items up? Where are you looking?

ETA: Ah, I see!!

Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Shadow Guide!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK setting alert to order Nik wallets which will be perfect to give as presents....with at least one for me.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy... we can assume that the 5.7" dimension on Nik's wallet is the unfolded dimension, yes?
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too!

The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    @Darcy... we can assume that the 5.7" dimension on Nik's wallet is the unfolded dimension, yes?
    Ah, I'm glad you asked. Yes, 5.7" is the unfolded dimension -- updating the specs right now to reflect that (and add the folded dimension, too).
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I am SO HAPPY but will be so much poorer! My wish has been granted - the Road Duffel has reappeared albeit in a slightly different form as the Road Buddy - YAY! Now have to make colour choices!!!!!
    What is more.......just loving the Shadow Guide and as for the Minimalist Wallets......well some lucky people might get rather useful Christmas presents!
    Happy days!
    Thank you Darcy for this very exciting news........

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those wallets are fabulous - what I wouldn't give for a single O-ring on them though!
    A45 - Black Halcyon/NWS MB - Aubergine/NWS LCB - Original Halcyon/Wasabi! MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! TC - Viridian/Dawn TT - UV/Sitka/Monarch

TB Newbie First factory visit - 9/21/2018

Heartís desire: a LCB or MCB in original Nordic. Okay fine, anything in original NORDIC.

Wisconsin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessmakes View Post
    Those wallets are fabulous - what I wouldn't give for a single O-ring on them though!
    Can't wait to order one! And yes, I wish there was an O-ring to attach it inside of another TB bag like the previous wallet.
    Family, Guitar, Design, Travel....get after it!

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessmakes View Post
    Oh yes! An O-ring please........or a little webbing loop for attaching a strap
    Last edited by KAB; 11-19-2018 at 08:30 AM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I LOVE the lash straps and the traction loop for the Road Buddy!! Might the traction loop start showing up for other bags too? I'm always unzipping pockets on my Synapse to provide a finger hold for providing traction.

The wallets are very very intriguing!! This might be the TB gateway for my DH! (He will deign to use one of my TB bags for a carry-on when we're traveling, but otherwise hasn't upgraded to using any for EDC.). And I might need one for going out (i.e. when I only need to bring "MILK" = money, ID, lipstick, keys. ). And for the gift closet... )
    Last edited by haraya; 11-19-2018 at 08:44 AM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff A View Post
    Can't wait to order one! And yes, I wish there was an O-ring to attach it inside of another TB bag like the previous wallet.
    I was thinking that an O ring would be great but I think the minimist won out for pants pocket use.

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tebnewyork View Post
    I was thinking that an O ring would be great but I think the minimist won out for pants pocket use.
    Maybe a little webbing loop to enable key strap attachment.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KAB View Post
    Maybe a little webbing loop to enable key strap attachment.
    brilliant! that would be perfect too. In fact, you just gave me an idea to hack it to make it work. And now I have to buy one. Damn you.
    A45 - Black Halcyon/NWS MB - Aubergine/NWS LCB - Original Halcyon/Wasabi! MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! TC - Viridian/Dawn TT - UV/Sitka/Monarch

TB Newbie First factory visit - 9/21/2018

Heartís desire: a LCB or MCB in original Nordic. Okay fine, anything in original NORDIC.

The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tebnewyork View Post
    OK setting alert to order Nik wallets which will be perfect to give as presents....with at least one for me.
    You're thinking the same thing I am! I plan to gift several wallets this year with gift cards to local businesses tucked inside of them.

Quote Originally Posted by KAB View Post
    Oh I am SO HAPPY but will be so much poorer! My wish has been granted - the Road Duffel has reappeared albeit in a slightly different form as the Road Buddy - YAY! Now have to make colour choices!!!!!
    What is more.......just loving the Shadow Guide and as for the Minimalist Wallets......well some lucky people might get rather useful Christmas presents!
    Happy days!
    Thank you Darcy for this very exciting news........
    Yay! Thank you for sharing your excitement: it's a lot of fun for us!

Our samples of the Road Buddy Duffel were in Black only, so that's why most of the in-use photos show that color. I hope everyone takes a look at the studio photos of the color combinations. It's such a good looking bag in colors, especially Navy and Aubergine IMHO.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad the new minimalist wallets have arrived!
    I'm totally ok with them not hooking/clipping/attaching to anything
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast