Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Yes, you could go with Island to match with Nebulous. Or either Dawn or the 400d Black Halcyon would work as accents. I got one of the Nebulous/Island Cafe Bag combinations, and that's pretty sweet, but I'm laughing because putting the Island wallet inside it may be a bit much!
    I think you'd lose the wallet in all that gorgeous blue! I'm leaning towards grass for mine. Just that pop of gorgeous green.
    A30 - Original Halcyon/UV MB - Aubergine/NWS LCB - Original Halcyon/Wasabi! MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! SE - NORDIC/Solar TT - Sitka

TB Newbie First factory visit - 9/21/2018

Heartís desire: a S19 or S25 in original NORDIC.

Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Yes, you could go with Island to match with Nebulous. Or either Dawn or the 400d Black Halcyon would work as accents. I got one of the Nebulous/Island Cafe Bag combinations, and that's pretty sweet, but I'm laughing because putting the Island wallet inside it may be a bit much!
    I have that cafe combo as well! But I also use the nebulous TC a lot, and thatís not lined with island. Decisions, decisions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moriond: If you have your new wallet #3 in "open flat with phone on the back" mode, do your credit cards fall out of the "inside" of the wallet that is now wide open?

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortie View Post
    Glad to see the Road Buddy! I usually fly with a small Yeoman (and use it daily as a gym bag) but every time I use it I wish it had side pockets for shoes. I will test the 36L Road Buddy as a carry on this Christmas. My only wish right now is that it would come in Coyote.
    Ummm… I originally thought that the plan was that the Road Buddy would be made in Coyote, but I don't see it in the offerings. I haven't had time to shoot pictures, but when she asked me which color I wanted I said a Coyote Medium, but I guess that was why I got Navy instead. I'll try to take some pictures, but things have been busier than I expected, and my original reaction was, "My God, that's huge!" -- and especially in comparison with my Aeronauts and Yeoman Duffels. Mind you, I hadn't ordered the Road Duffel before, but it's taller in its side profile. My initial thought was to use it (even the Medium size) for disaster relocation, where I had to take along emergency lanterns (I'm not kidding -- I tried packing these into the side pockets), tons of blankets and garments, and portable supplies. As for shoes, I was thinking about dumping a load of different athletic shoes in the side pockets. (You have to understand that I can put size 6 shoes into the end pockets of the Night Flight Travel Duffel -- I even found that I could stash high heels into a Side Kick and put it into the side pockets of the NFTD.) @Shortie, the Medium Road Buddy may be a lot bigger than you think.

moriond

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    Moriond: If you have your new wallet #3 in "open flat with phone on the back" mode, do your credit cards fall out of the "inside" of the wallet that is now wide open?
    No, they don't. I've got either 7 or 8 cards in one pocket, and 3 or 4 in the other pocket, and they're held in place. If you read the thread I started on Nik's wallet, you'll see that one of the limitations of the wallet is that it doesn't hold the slightly larger business cards, because it's designed to hug the cards. In this mode, I'm not using the wallet to separately carry bills.

ETA: I probably can't place a lot of cards into the pocket on the "inner" side of the wallet if I have my iPhone SE inserted into the outer pocket". If I fill the other inner side pocket with 7 cards, they stay in place when the wallet is open.
    Last edited by moriond; 11-19-2018 at 10:53 AM.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologies for the radio silence, everyone. We (mostly Nik and Fong) have been busy working on something..... stay tuned for more news soon. (I'll answer all the other questions here in a little bit, too.)
    Last edited by Darcy; 11-19-2018 at 11:13 AM.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    I love these new designs!
    Hey @maverick, have you gotten a chance to try out the new Road Buddys? I'm curious to see if/how well the two sizes fit in the frunk and sub-trunk of the Model 3. I'm definitely getting one (or a couple) wallet!
    DLBC (black Dyneema) **Missing **, Synapse 25 Black Dyneema/Ultraviolet), Synapse 19 (Navy/Wasabi), Aeronaut 45 Black Dyneema/Ultraviolet), PCBP for TriStar (Iberian), Synapse 19 (Navy/Solar), Ristretto for iPad (Black/Wasabi), Large Shop Bag (Island),mini Q-kit, various packing cubes, stuff sacks, and pouches.

Retired but not forgotten: TriStar (Black/Wasabi), Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Solar), Synapse 25 (French Blue/Steel).

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything in the release looks so great! Love the way those wallets look (esp coyote!).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    Northern Virginia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nealopp View Post
    Hey @maverick, have you gotten a chance to try out the new Road Buddys? I'm curious to see if/how well the two sizes fit in the frunk and sub-trunk of the Model 3. I'm definitely getting one (or a couple) wallet!
    Hi @nealopp!

I have the earlier incarnation of the Road Buddy Duffel 36, known as the Skookum Dog Medium Road Duffel, and it fits perfectly in both the frunk and the sub-trunk!
    Attached Images Attached Images November Debut Thread-img_20181119_143033-jpg  November Debut Thread-img_20181119_142956-jpg 
    Last edited by maverick; 11-19-2018 at 11:54 AM.
    -m

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am confused about the placement of the back pocket of Nick Wallet #3.

On Moriond picture it looks like it has a portrait/north/south orientation but, on the product page it looks like the pocket has a landscape/ east/west orientation.

When I first went to the product page, I was also confused about the difference between the 3 wallets and had to rely on Maverick's video to get a clear picture, as it were.
    So I believe that embedding Maverick's video on the product page would be a very good idea, and make a note that the business cards are U.K not U.S size.

It would also be good to embed the blog post or to format the product page the way the blog post is made.

Would it be possible to offer Clear Urethane extra pockets to modulate the wallets in some manner?

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look so like a great outdoorsy debut. I’m happy to sit this one out as I’m currently scraping pennies together to get a WF or A30.

Enjoy everyone!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    I am confused about the placement of the back pocket of Nick Wallet #3.

On Moriond picture it looks like it has a portrait/north/south orientation but, on the product page it looks like the pocket has a landscape/ east/west orientation.
    On moriond's picture (I'm assuming you're talking about the one with the phone), she has the wallet opened up fully with the phone stuck in the exterior pocket and the top of the phone is secured by the elastic strap. It's not one big clear pocket. If she flipped it over, you'd see the two interior pockets on the back side.

And if this wasn't what you were talking about, my apologies!
    A30 - Original Halcyon/UV MB - Aubergine/NWS LCB - Original Halcyon/Wasabi! MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! SE - NORDIC/Solar TT - Sitka

TB Newbie First factory visit - 9/21/2018

Heartís desire: a S19 or S25 in original NORDIC.

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I donít need a Road Buddy, I donít need a Road Buddy, I donít need a Road Buddy... Do I need a Road Buddy?

(The 36 litres sound like the perfect size. I have an old 32 litres Eastpak duffel bag which isnít at all accessible and lacks organisation, but Iíve been using it for carryon travel in combination with my DLBP all the same. I have the duffel bag, a rolling suitcase for train journeys and a hiking backpack. I can live with my old duffel, but the Road Buddy would be so much nicer...)

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need the Road Buddy 36. You Need the Road Buddy. YOU NEED THE ROAD BUDDY. * I have the previous incarnation, Doggie Medium Road Duffle, and it is my favorite TB bag. It's the perfect size shape, and the pockets are great.

* I am not an enabler.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seconded, you DO need a Road Buddy, b1gsky. I also have a Medium Road Duffel and it is a great size. You won't regret it!

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast