Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    I can't believe nobody has said this yet:

FOREST!!!!!!!!!!

I don't need a firewood tote (Forest canvas) or a dog bed (Forest 1050 ballistic--and are those beds new too?) but they make me very hopeful that other things will be available in Forest soon!

(I will be EVEN HAPPIER if Forest becomes a 525 ballistic color, but no matter, I'm going to have FOREST GREEN!!!!!)
    Good catch!
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

November Debut Thread

Quote Originally Posted by windy city red View Post
    Can I ask which packing cubes fit into the Road Buddy 36? In the side as well as the main compartment.

I have been mulling over and deciding over TB and non TB duffel bags for more 4 months now so I'm really excited to see this!
    The PCSBs fit perfectly zipper side up, like books on a shelf. Here is a pic I posted of my Medium Road Duffel: (Edited to add: click the triangle to the right of my name below to go to the original post)

Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    Packing for my upcoming trip. 4 nights, me and two kids, one Medium Road Duffel. The weather here lately is chilly in the morning, hot in the afternoon, so it has been challenging to get it all into one bag (with swimming stuff!). My Parental Unit will carry my iPad Mini and knitting, as well as my raincoat.

One PCSB per person for clothes, Lifeventure toiletry bag, Second Aid Kit for travel meds, Eagle Creek half specter for my swimming stuff and sleep shirt, 3DOC for chargers and my little white noise machine. Travel trays in the lid pocket. Diapers are packed in all the gaps. A book and journal on top (didn't want to block the view of the PCSBs so they aren't pictured). Nearly ready to go!
    Last edited by Cristina; 11-20-2018 at 09:15 AM.

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay, Nik's Minimalist Wallet!

Living in the UK, TB bags are often a huge investment - not so much because of the original price, but because of the UK customs fees that we get hit with on this end in addition to the international postage. I have done it many times, and gladly, because I do love and use my TB bags all the time, but I am delighted to see a new small accessory debuting. The wallet looks ingenious, and thanks to the fellow in the video who showed that UK pound notes will fit in it as well as US dollars. Smilie Looking forward to next Monday! Big Grin
    So many bags. And I love them all.

Forum Member
    Washington DC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    The Eagle Creek Specter packing cubes fit the Road Buddy 36 perfectly. The A30 cubes fit with room to spare. I think think the A45 cubes are too big. The central section of the duffel is rectangular, whereas the Aeronauts central section is square.

This might be a good time to relink to my old thread on A30 vs. Medium Road Duffel. Keep scrolling down for comparison photos and which cubes fit in each bag. The Road Buddy and the Medium Road Duffel are the same bag. As I recall, everything that fits in an A30 will fit in the central section of the Medium Duffel, which leaves the end pockets free for more stuff.

https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...ght=doggienaut
    thanks for posting this! How is air travel with the road buddy? The A45 always feels too bulky and I'm curious if the road buddy is that in-between I need....

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread is too much, lol. Dunno if it's been mentioned, but would have loved a #4 of Nik's Wallet w/o the window

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by agland View Post
    thanks for posting this! How is air travel with the road buddy? The A45 always feels too bulky and I'm curious if the road buddy is that in-between I need....
    I've flown lots of times with the D36 and it works perfectly. It's long and flat and light. It's much lighter than the A45 because there's no backpack straps and no structure to the back/bottom of the bag. It's a soft duffel. The A30 was always that bit too small for me. The D36 is perfect.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by linh.n View Post
    This thread is too much, lol. Dunno if it's been mentioned, but would have loved a #4 of Nik's Wallet w/o the window
    I'd love Wallet #1 with the loop. I really don't want the clear pocket or the outside pocket.

I may have to order #1 and #4 and see which one I prefer. If I like #1 best, I'll just have to add my own O-ring.

Forum Member
    Washington DC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've flown lots of times with the D36 and it works perfectly. It's long and flat and light. It's much lighter than the A45 because there's no backpack straps and no structure to the back/bottom of the bag. It's a soft duffel. The A30 was always that bit too small for me. The D36 is perfect.
    Awesome, thanks. Planning to pick it up to try it out.

Forum Member
    VA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    I donít need a Road Buddy, I donít need a Road Buddy, I donít need a Road Buddy... Do I need a Road Buddy?Wink
    This is also my internal monologue....

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luvdabags View Post
    This is also my internal monologue....
    Well you know where I ended up...Wink

Forum Member
    VA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could someone post a pic of the wallets next to one of the clear OP wallets for size comparison? Trying to wrap my head around the size. Thanks!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpto View Post
    I'm really hoping to pickup the Shadow Guide pack but I'm going to be on a flight on 11/26 8am PST and afraid I"m going to miss out of on the order

@Darcy - is the Shadow Guide going to be super limited? Any chance of a restock or is it a one time run?
    Itís tough to say for sure, but we do think we made enough Shadow Guides and that they wonít sell out quick. And it very well might be a one time production run, but if thereís enough demand and we have the production capacity, thereís a chance we could offer it for pre-order sometime next year.

Same goes for all of the designs: we made an extra effort to have as many on hand as possible.
    Except, of course, for Wallet #4 of which there are fewer because itís being made for the first time this week. Smilie Oh, and Wallet #3 ó we stopped production of Wallet #3 so that we could take half of the batch of that size and turn them into Wallet #4. If any colors of any sizes of Wallets sell out, thereís a good chance we could make more before December 14th (last day to place orders for delivery by or on 12/24).

Sorry I canít provide more definitive answers! A lot of this is up to what happens and when.

Also, why are there no photos of the inside of the new backpack?

And, does the Road Buddy come with a shoulder strap? None is listed.
    Generally speaking, itís a little difficult to photograph the inside of backpacks, but there will be some photos of the interior of the Shadow Guide (which has no further interior organization) posted tomorrow on the Shadow Guide page. Smilie

Good question! The Road Buddy comes with the Standard Shoulder Strap (one can upgrade to the Absolute Shoulder Strap if theyíd like). I think we can make that appear on the page even though it isnít ďliveĒ yet ó will see about that. (In the meantime, the included strap / strap options are in the description of the Road Buddy.)

Quote Originally Posted by agland View Post
    Darcy thanks for the feedback.

Second question; no chance of an aeronaut in the 525 fabric on the horizon?
    No chance of that being on the horizon. Maybe on some distant dayís horizon, but weíre committed to making the Aeronaut in 1050d for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by sujo View Post
    I do plan on getting a firewood tote. Maybe even two!
    Hope you dig your firewood carrier as much as I like mine!

Quote Originally Posted by windy city red View Post
    Can I ask which packing cubes fit into the Road Buddy 36? In the side as well as the main compartment.

I have been mulling over and deciding over TB and non TB duffel bags for more 4 months now so I'm really excited to see this!
    Iím so glad you asked! I have it on my list ó if I get that far down on my list, ha! ó to take some photos of the various Packing Cubes and Stuff Sacks that work best in the Road Buddies.

Quick answer: really, you can make any packing cubes, pouches, or stuff sacks (made by us or other brands) work in these duffels. This applies especially to the Road Buddy 60 ó itís such a large duffel that you can fit any combination of cubes and the like in there.

To get more specific: for the Road Buddy 36, we think the Aeronaut 45 Main or Small Packing Cubes work great in its main compartment and the Aeronaut 30 End or Small Packing Cubes work well in the end compartments.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonia View Post
    Living in the UK, TB bags are often a huge investment - not so much because of the original price, but because of the UK customs fees that we get hit with on this end in addition to the international postage. I have done it many times, and gladly, because I do love and use my TB bags all the time, but I am delighted to see a new small accessory debuting. The wallet looks ingenious, and thanks to the fellow in the video who showed that UK pound notes will fit in it as well as US dollars. Smilie Looking forward to next Monday! Big Grin
    Thanks for sharing this perspective with us @Antonia ó Iíve updated the Wallets page to add that theyíll fit various folded paper currencies and UK business cards too.

A general note on shipping and specifically shipping for the wallets, as weíre hearing from folks who plan to order a couple of wallets (perhaps one for themselves and one for a friend):

If you want to receive your order by or on December 24th, the last day to place your order with UPS Ground or USPS International, First Class, or Priority Mail as your shipping method is December 14th. Itís possible that USPS orders placed after the end of shipping on the 14th will still arrive by the 24th, but sometimes it can get really busy / backed up at USPS and the usual delivery timeframes can end up being extended.

Folks within the U.S. can place an order under $49 and choose USPS as the shipping method. Under $49 = 1 Wallet #1, #2, #3, or #4 OR 2 #Wallet 1. Any other combinations of two ó say, a Wallet #2 and a Wallet #4 ó will need to ship via UPS domestic.

For Canada, USPS is an option for orders under $60 and for Australia and the UK itís orders $130 and under.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Volunteer Moderator
    Northern Virginia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi @luvdabags!

Here's a shot of one on top of the other.

Quote Originally Posted by luvdabags View Post
    Could someone post a pic of the wallets next to one of the clear OP wallets for size comparison? Trying to wrap my head around the size. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images November Debut Thread-img_20181120_211759-jpg 
    -m

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Itís tough to say for sure, but we do think we made enough Shadow Guides and that they wonít sell out quick. And it very well might be a one time production run, but if thereís enough demand and we have the production capacity, thereís a chance we could offer it for pre-order sometime next year.
    Thanks very much for the update, hopefully they'll stay in stock long enough for me to get one. I'm actually flying into Seattle on 11/26 so hopefully I'll be able to drop by that day and pick up some new gear.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    I can't believe nobody has said this yet:

FOREST!!!!!!!!!!

I don't need a firewood tote (Forest canvas) or a dog bed (Forest 1050 ballistic--and are those beds new too?) but they make me very hopeful that other things will be available in Forest soon!

(I will be EVEN HAPPIER if Forest becomes a 525 ballistic color, but no matter, I'm going to have FOREST GREEN!!!!!)
    I love Forest. Then again, a deep rich green is probably my favorite color, so Smilie

The Summit Beds have been available for a while now and the Forest 1050d ballistic nylon that theyíre made out of is a retired color. (I bet @moriond will find some great photos in the Forum archives of Aeronauts in Forest and the like.)

About the cotton canvas in Forest (I keep calling it Conifer, I have to stop that!) that Tomís Firewood Carrier is made out of ó Tom is rather enamored with the cotton canvas and, who knows, we might make another design to offer in that material at some point next year. Two things to know: like 1000d Cordura, it collects pet hair. And itís not as durable as our ballistic nylon fabrics, of course. But, man, itís a nice fabric: a natural feel and look, a nice heft.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast