Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

November Debut Thread

It's almost time for our last design debut of 2018.....

Monday 11/19 around 8:00am-ish Pacific Time
    The pages for one new design and three new-ish designs will go live on the website. I'll update this thread w/links to the new designs.

Monday 11/26 around 8:00am-ish Pacific Time
    The new designs will be made available for order.

You're welcome to post any questions you'd like to ask / we'll answer 'em here in this thread.

It's been busy here at the factory as we all work on the last few details related to the debut! And as you can see in the photos below, no one is letting me get away with posting preview photos of the new designs or any kind of hinting at all, so we'll all just have to wait until Monday for the reveal. Smilie

Tom and Nik held a bag demo (an overview of the new designs + a time when customer service can ask questions about the new designs to help answer your questions) for Kat, Matthew, Cody, Mike, Tim, and Matt.

Everyone blocked the new designs before I could get a photo of them. We don't know why The Mike's practicing his Tai chi at the bag demo:

November Debut Thread-bag-demo-2-jpg

Tom was in the process of forming an x with his hands but I took the photo too quickly so it looks like he's making a T which is confusing:

November Debut Thread-bag-demo-1-jpg

Then we had our company meeting (today's food: pizza). Here, Mike hands Tom and Nik one of the new designs to show off to the whole crew (who, of course, have already seen the new designs because we made them, but still, we're excited so....)

November Debut Thread-pizza-party-2-jpg

Pizza time!
    November Debut Thread-pizza-party-3-jpg

Everyone decided this photo was way too weird to post but I'm going to do it anyway:

November Debut Thread-pizza-slice-jpg
    Last edited by Darcy; 11-15-2018 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Tai chi
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so excited... Smilie looks like there are a lot of good vibes...
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood (and not Corona!) Smilie Rainbow Cheers
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

France
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awww thanks for sharing

I'm quite excited too (though I know I won't/can't order right then)
    Last edited by Rei; 11-15-2018 at 03:10 PM.
    just a Bihnion here

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exciting... And the pizza looks good too. November Debut Thread

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was considering ordering a Brain Bag as I think it may be the TB bag for my commute. But I'd much rather have smaller smaller and narrower, albeit with similar organization and ability to stand on its own. But the BB looks very good in the current colors!
    ... should I wait and be pleasantly surprised, or is it safe to go with the BB..?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pott View Post
    I was considering ordering a Brain Bag as I think it may be the TB bag for my commute. But I'd much rather have smaller smaller and narrower, albeit with similar organization and ability to stand on its own. But the BB looks very good in the current colors!
    ... should I wait and be pleasantly surprised, or is it safe to go with the BB..?
    I'd say it's safe to go with the BB Smilie
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Volunteer Moderator
    Northern Virginia
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy, this is so super exciting!

So, that blue bag that is conveniently behind Mike's Tai chi movements -- can we give it the code name `Tai chi bag`? Wink

The pizza does look amazing, and I love weird shots! I know you said no hints, @Darcy -- they say a great way to hide something is to place it in plain sight. So I can't help but wonder -- is TOM BIHN Pizza one of the items in the debut?

On the topic of weirdness, the mushroom at the top right of that pizza first looked like a sculpture of the profile of someone's face to me.
    -m

Minneapolis
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay--thanks for the info @Darcy!

(I just made a secret 15 min appointment on my work calendar for 8am PST on Monday; no one tell my boss okay? LOL)
    "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares. ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I'd say it's safe to go with the BB Smilie
    I"m having a minor mope, because I want what @pott is preferring too
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Southern California
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please please let it include PCSBs that match the materials of a DLBP!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Following.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, thank you Darcy! Such great pictures, including the pizza, a meal out of my mandibular reach, for now, but so appetizing!

I have to say that my healthier meals have been helping my fitness level!

Well... The bag will be available in Navy, it looks modular because it is kind of small on the table hidden by Kat but kind of big on the second photo because one side is held by Mike and the other by Nik and another side by Tom. And Nik is also holding a handle that looks like the one on the table in the first picture.

However, I am not betting a slice of pizza on any of my speculations, because I have been known to be wrong on all count, which is a plus when the Cubelet, Travel Cubelet and Pop Tote, some of the yummiest design in TB line, came out of the blue.

Speaking of blue, Tom wearing navy and Nik wearing gray make it very difficult to discern the design outlines, on purpose, I suppose.

Darcy, who is the pizza maker?

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

November Debut Thread

It looks like there is a nice dark green bag with handles on the table in pic 2!

Can't wait for Monday!! Thanks for the tease. :-)
    Last edited by Cristina; 11-16-2018 at 03:46 AM. Reason: This is not jeopardy and I do not need to answer in the form of a question.

Forum Member
    New York City
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 26th is going to be a big day.

Dream would be that all of the zip top shop bags come back in stock, the A30 in black ballistic / northwest sky comes back in stock, and there's the chance at a few new bags all shipped in the same box.

Look forward to the previews!

Forum Member
    Virginia, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In his defense, Mike’s Tai Chi move may actually be considered a “block”....
    Thanks for sharing the photos of the excitement and fun. Looking forward to the unveiling.
    Lots of assorted purples, some blues, and a bit of black: 2S19, 5SE, 2WF, MCB, SCB, Imago, 2S, LS, TT, K, 2QC, 5 3D, 4WFSBPC, 2WFBPPC, FJNB, 4Wallets, 4LSB, 2SSB, DLBP, Pilot, Assorted sacks, packing cubes, organizer pouches, key straps :-)

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast