Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Halcyon Brain Bag?

Is there any chance of a Brain Bag in Halcyon fabric? I think I would really like that but perhaps this has been considered and dismissed at the design phase. Thought I'd ask if anyone else thought it would be a good idea.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Brain Bag doesn't get enough love. The Synapse gets all the glory, but the BB is the quiet, modest professional in the background. Any changes in design, functionality, and materials to the Brain Bag would be welcome at this point. Hopefully it doesn't go the way of the dodo like the Smart Alec, but improved and upgraded like the Six Million Dollar Man.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the feeling that Halcyon as an outside fabric was being retired, and being replaced by the thinner ballistic fabrics.

Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anything, i thought Brain Bag should bring that camo back. it was a really nice touch the design.
    Currently Own:
    Shadow Guide [Black], Guide's Edition S25 [Black], Large Cafe Bag [Black Halcyon], Brain Bag [Grey/Steel]

Shared:
    A45 [Nordic Halcyon], PCBP[Fjord Halcyon], Small Shop Bag [Original Black Dyneema]

Forum Member
    Southeastern Pennsylvania
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love my Brain Bag. I wish it had a center water bottle pocket (like the Synapse and Pilot series), rather than the hard-to-use open straps that can't be used with one hand.

Northern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the Brain Bag. I'd love it even more in Halcyon!

Forum Member
    France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    I love the Brain Bag and I personally feel that 525 ballistic is a great material - rugged but more flexible than thicker ballistics.
    But that’s only my view. I am interested to understand what advantages or usage could be better for such a bag with halcyon? Maybe I am missing something...

MA USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been hoping for the same for several years. I broke down and bought a 525 ballistic BB and I'm beyond thrilled with it. That said if a halcyon version should up I'd have lots of thinking to do.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Brain Bag is the old burnt orange color. Also packing the hard sided brain box (I forget exact name, the hard sided sleeve that got retired) inside to hold my Mac. Everyday carry, four years old or so with basically no signs of wear.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fever39 View Post
    If anything, i thought Brain Bag should bring that camo back. it was a really nice touch the design.
    I have been waiting for the brain bag to come out in all ballistic, all camo. The previous cordura camo was very pretty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    Big +1 on that. I called Customer Service about a year ago to ask if they’d ever considered, or would consider, doing the BB in halcyon, and the answer I got then was that the structure of the bag wouldn’t work in halcyon. I’m sure they’ve given it a ton of thoughtful consideration, but makes me sad.

Forum Member
    Perth, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aungrl View Post
    Big +1 on that. I called Customer Service about a year ago to ask if they’d ever considered, or would consider, doing the BB in halcyon, and the answer I got then was that the structure of the bag wouldn’t work in halcyon. I’m sure they’ve given it a ton of thoughtful consideration, but makes me sad.
    I totally agree and was what i came into this thread to comment. I once had a WF in halcyon. The lack of structure of the halcyon means it’s all floppy. So the “second” section away from your back would sag down. I would imagine the brain bag would collapse into a lump in halcyon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk