Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 wish list

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mesh 3DOC in 210 ballistic. For some reason I ignore the several all fabric versions I have of this pouch and always reach for the mesh ones.
    I don't like the mesh pattern against the white chequerboard of halcyon, too much going on for me. I have several cordura ones which are lovely, so I think 210 ballistic colours would be very very nice!

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would LOVE if TB would make the little 10l convertible backpack that was sold along with the Heroís Journey a thing. Itís perfect as a small crossbody bag, similar to the Co-pilot but transforms into a mini backpack with a water bottle holder! It was truly one of the most innovative and ingenious designs created in my opinion. I have even decided that though I donít need the additional 45lís provided by the Hís J, if it made a run again, I would buy it just for that little bag..

Also Iím all for some different color lining in the general bags. NWS and Island are nice but I would like another S19 with a UV interior and Halcyon exterior. Same for the cafe bags since weíre wishful and all .. lol

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenji View Post
    I would LOVE if TB would make the little 10l convertible backpack that was sold along with the Hero’s Journey a thing. It’s perfect as a small crossbody bag, similar to the Co-pilot but transforms into a mini backpack with a water bottle holder! It was truly one of the most innovative and ingenious designs created in my opinion.
    YES! I love the design of that top bag and I love tha there’s a dedicated water bottle holder in the backpack version.

Winnipeg, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the other threads reminded me - Iíd love to see an o-ring along the upper left side seam inside the slip pocket of the Cafe Bags. Iím so used to being able to clip things in to make sure they donít get lost now that it feels weird to not do it!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2019 wish list

I would love to see:
    1. Slightly larger SK, or the same organisation in the PCSB.
    2. Slightly larger S25 - doesnít need a dedicated laptop pocket though, I love the flexibility of choosing whether the laptop goes in the front or back, and opening one pocket to get to my 3-1-1 and laptop while going through airport security is extremely convenient. A squarer shape would probably achieve enough of a size increase.
    3. I would also love to see some small and discreet lash points added to the S25, maybe hyperlon. Being able to attach the SK to the S25 while going through the airport would be awesome.
    4. Finally a double-sided OP, kind of like a tiny SC would be brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pcooperllan; 01-21-2019 at 02:21 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terayon View Post
    One of the other threads reminded me - Iíd love to see an o-ring along the upper left side seam inside the slip pocket of the Cafe Bags. Iím so used to being able to clip things in to make sure they donít get lost now that it feels weird to not do it!

YES! there are only 2 o-rings in the small cafe bag -- not enough! I've tried to make do by attaching a larger ring to each o-ring, so I can attach more than 1 key strap comfortably. I use different color key straps for different items, but then I have to remember which key strap has my whale, which holds coupons and paper money (some of us still like to pay with cash), which holds emergency Advil and other meds, which holds lip balm, which holds credit card, grocery cards, and work ID, which holds health insurance cards for the whole family, and which one has my actual ... keys. (They ARE called "key straps!")

That way I'm not digging through a pile of small, lightweight pouches trying to find the right one -- I can just go for the right color key strap.

But with only 2 o-rings, they get all tangled. Plus, it's often helpful to remember the location of the O-ring where the desired pouch is hanging, rather than having to peer at which color [tangled] strap is needed.

MORE O-RINGS IN THE CAFE BAGS, PLEASE!
    Happy owner of Original copilot, Nordic Original small cafe bag, Nordic Halcyon Synapse 25, Nordic Halcyon medium cafe bag, black Halcyon Sidekick. Gave son The Maker's Bag and he LOVES it. Gave Hubby a Pilot for Christmas!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    YES! there are only 2 o-rings in the small cafe bag -- not enough! I've tried to make do by attaching a larger ring to each o-ring, so I can attach more than 1 key strap comfortably. I use different color key straps for different items, but then I have to remember which key strap has my whale, which holds coupons and paper money (some of us still like to pay with cash), which holds emergency Advil and other meds, which holds lip balm, which holds credit card, grocery cards, and work ID, which holds health insurance cards for the whole family, and which one has my actual ... keys. (They ARE called "key straps!")

That way I'm not digging through a pile of small, lightweight pouches trying to find the right one -- I can just go for the right color key strap.

But with only 2 o-rings, they get all tangled. Plus, it's often helpful to remember the location of the O-ring where the desired pouch is hanging, rather than having to peer at which color [tangled] strap is needed.

MORE O-RINGS IN THE CAFE BAGS, PLEASE!
    I used to have that problem, I now place a Travel Cubelet in the main compartment.

This solve the emergency vs non emergency or most used versus less used Pouches.
    Gives me 3 more inner pockets and 4 more O rings.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BRILLIANT!
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    I used to have that problem, I now place a Travel Cubelet in the main compartment.

This solve the emergency vs non emergency or most used versus less used Pouches.
    Happy owner of Original copilot, Nordic Original small cafe bag, Nordic Halcyon Synapse 25, Nordic Halcyon medium cafe bag, black Halcyon Sidekick. Gave son The Maker's Bag and he LOVES it. Gave Hubby a Pilot for Christmas!

Illinois
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to see ballistic fabric in a nice dark brown. I'd love burnt orange to come back.
    I like the flap on the SCB and MCB, but I would like a zipper on the main compartment as well as the back pocket.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the Freudian Slip for much the same purpose. I have both a Medium Cafe FS and a Small Cafe FS - I use them not only with my Cafe Bags but also in the MAker's Bag and in my Swift (Little or regular). I used to have multiple sizes and colors of stuff sacks and OPs with matching key straps, to separate my belongings by category, but then they would get all tangled up.

So now I have some items directly in the pockets/compartments of the FS, and some that are in OPs (things that I use less frequently) attached to an oversized split keyring that is on the grab handle of the FS. (The FS can also be tethered to the O-ring of whatever bag it's in.) The advantage of having that central anchor point is that it is in the middle of the bag - which is not really a place that an O-ring can otherwise be located (since it would be floating in space, far from any bag seam that it could be sewn into).

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaH View Post
    I'd like to see ballistic fabric in a nice dark brown. I'd love burnt orange to come back.
    +1 on the dark brown, preferably a rich chocolate shade!

BTW, Burnt Orange in 1050 ballistic is still around and TB is adding it in 525 ballistic - it's "in production" on the Synapses.... was that the orange you meant or one of the previous Cordura oranges?
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still drolling over the Guide pack and... I'd like the greenish color to come back
    just a Bihnion here

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yes. As a lady, a rich chocolate brown would be great, and look fantastic with black trim in the SK or Pilot.

Forum Member
    the Puget Sound Region
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The return of Azalea! Found old pictures of it, and am longing for that color. Would love a poptote in that color!

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something I've been hoping for for a while, but keep forgetting to post it here: a Small Laundry packing cube for Western Flyer.

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast