Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 wish list

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a coin pocket with a zipper for Nik’s Wallet #4 (which I realize would be Wallet #5, and no longer minimalist, haha)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dot View Post
    a coin pocket with a zipper for Nikís Wallet #4 (which I realize would be Wallet #5, and no longer minimalist, haha)
    Yes, I would love a wallet to use for bills and coins that could go alongside the one I use for cards. My current system is to keep one or more twenties in my NMW with my cards and any smaller bills or coins loose in the same pocket of my SE/SK that the wallet goes in, but Iím not happy with this system. (I rarely use cash/coins, but recently Iíve needed to - cash tips, cash only restaurants, penny squishing machines...)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I wish I had an old style black dyneema/ultraviolet travel cubelet to match my A30, NFTD and S25

fredletsTravels
    http://www.fredletsTravels.com
    #TeamUltraviolet

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennie View Post
    I would love a sling bag!!
    Yes, Bring back the Tom Bihn Buzz!
    Using a: Super Ego (Black, Steel, Wasabi) with seat belt strip (Wasabi), and alternate reflective Strip. Black BrainCell, Wasabi Snake Charmer, Cork Small Organizer Pouch, and Olive green medium organizer pouch.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wish is two halcyon or 210 ballistic 3DOCs sewn together back to back to form essentially a mini snake charmer but with sides of halcyon/210 ballistic instead of mesh. I do like the snake charmer but find that sometimes things poke through the holes or get caught in the mesh.
    Looking for upper and lower modular pockets in original Nordic. Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More I see about, more I want the NFTD to come back *^*
    just a Bihnion here

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    More I see about, more I want the NFTD to come back *^*
    Or a mini Road Buddy!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes!! Please bring back the NFTD!!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'd be really nice to have yarn Stuff Sacks in some new colors. Maybe the 210 colors, or in future new halcyon colors.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Travel Cubelets and Cubelets in 525 Burnt Orange
    Navy/Wasabi S25, Sitka Mini OP,
    Nordic/Iberian SE, Nordic PCSB, Navy Medium Clear OP, Iberian 8" Key Strap, Ultraviolet 8" Key Strap,
    Black/NWS SK, Ultraviolet Large OP, Fjord Small TT, Verde Small Double OP, Island Origami Swan, Island 3D OP , Island SSC , Nordic/NWS LCB, Multi Color Clear OW

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to see some kind of button clasp along the zipper of the PCBP that could bridge across the zipper on both sides of the backpack to prevent unzipping the bag all the way while in backpack mode. On a few occasions it has unzipped uncontrollably when trying to partially open it to retrieve something while walking. The more stuff that's in there, the more it wants to dump everything on the ground!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RE: PCSB, I use it as a packing cube on trips and then as a purse at my destination. I'd really love it in a black halcyon fabric. The size is perfect, to me, for my daily essentials and a sweater. It also works well for my essentials and camera gear. I just want a neutral option so I can use it more and have it blend in with various outfits. I see it's in production for ballistic fabrics, but that isn't as practical for use in (lightweight) packing.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lami View Post
    I see it's in production for ballistic fabrics, but that isn't as practical for use in (lightweight) packing.
    I can’t imagine that you will notice a difference in weight IRL. The 210 ballistic is very lightweight.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lami View Post
    RE: PCSB, I use it as a packing cube on trips and then as a purse at my destination. I'd really love it in a black halcyon fabric. The size is perfect, to me, for my daily essentials and a sweater. It also works well for my essentials and camera gear. I just want a neutral option so I can use it more and have it blend in with various outfits. I see it's in production for ballistic fabrics, but that isn't as practical for use in (lightweight) packing.
    Welcome to the Forums @Lami!

As @b1gsky mentioned, the weight of the two fabrics is pretty similar in a finished product. The 200d halcyon PCSB (no strap) is 3.4oz. The redesign adds an O-ring and moves the strap locations... and also offers it in the 210d ballistic for the first time, so there's no posted weight on that yet, but it won't move the needle much.

Right now there isn't a 200d black halcyon fabric available from TB - the black halcyon is 400d which TB doesn't normally use for this bag. If you want a nice neutral, the 210d ballistic Black and Cloud are worth checking out. Personally, I love Dawn as a neutral as well... and Coyote is looking pretty interesting for a warm neutral.

You can always ping or email or call Customer Service to request a swatch of fabric if you'd like to see or feel it in real life.

Hope this helps and let us know if you end up getting one - we love pics!
    Steel/Island A45&Pilot; Steel/Solar WF; oNordic/Solar CP; Steel Halcyon/Solar S19; Navy/NWSky A30; Blk Halcyon/NWSky SA; Olive/Canyon oL12; Nebulous/Island B L15

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love a Medium Cafe Bag in Deep Blue/Dawn. I was very tempted by the SK in this color combination, but I didn't need the bag so I stayed strong. But I want to add a MCB to my collection! Now that Dawn is no longer a limited color I would love to see it paired with a few different outer fabrics.

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast