Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 wish list

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by organicfarmer View Post
    Empire Builder would be more briefcase features than i need and secondly it appears too large for airline personal item size voiding one alternative use.

@katrinkawinkle's post about using a file box in a LSB is an excellent idea I had not thought about. It fits the need perfect and gives me a reason to get another LSB or try a ZTSB. My issue was a file box much like that one. With time (5 yrs), exposure to warm house, cold barn, hot summer truck cab, and whatnot caused the plastic to become brittle and crack under use. The shop bag idea would prevent catastrophe and work well for longer.
    What a great idea. A Large ZTSB in 210 Ballistic would give just a little more protection over the Halcyon, if you can wait until the 210 Shop Bag pre-orders ship in mid-late April.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Empire builder would absolutely fit under an airline seat. I have never been unable to get my BB under a plane seat and it's considerably bigger than the EB.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW, the idea of a maxi-DLBC seems like an oxymoron IMO

SC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Black 400 Halcyon Tri-Star Iberian
    Tom Bihn Tri-Star, DLBC, Ristretto

Forum Member
    North Carolina
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Black halcyon bags with NWS interiors. I have a black halcyon Pilot with NWS interior and it's my favorite bag. I would love to have a matching A30 and possibly MCB.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    I wish for more small packing cubes with handles!

Ever since @moriond mentioned how useful the mini Yeoman packing cubes are as lunch bags and stashable shopping bags, I've been looking for one. And I finally found a violet one!

Here it is holding the medicines and creams I cart around the house when my kids are home sick.

The handles make a huge difference and allow this packing cube to have another life outside of my closet, in between trips. It's easier to use than a stuff sack and more flexible than a Spiff Kit or FAK. I love it!

Thanks moriond, for the great tip.

PS-I also wish for violet Aether to stick around.
    Wow, I've never seen that one before - that is brilliant! *Goes and adds another thing to my mental bag search.*
    A30 - Original Halcyon/UV MB - Aubergine/NWS LCB - Original Halcyon/Wasabi! MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! SE - NORDIC/Solar TT - Sitka

TB Newbie Rainbow First factory visit - 9/21/2018

Heartís desire: a S19 or S25 in original NORDIC.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't it be great to have a side-access backpack? It is the size and shape of a backpack with dedicated backpack straps but to access the main compartment, you unzip in a U-shape along the length of one side. This would allow easy access to a variety of smaller items, instead of doing the supermarket-shelf stacking necessary to pack small items in most backpacks.

To prevent contents from shifting, there could be zippered dividers, like in the PU or Luminary.

Just a thought!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a modular shoulder/backpack packing cube which can be clipped/attached to the bottom of the GES25
    Last edited by Rei; 02-20-2019 at 05:19 AM.
    just a Bihnion here

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I'm looking at the luminary 15 pre order...

The ability to customize color combos on a pre-order.... It may just be impossible to do this without brain freeze, but I'd often love an outside/inside color combo that isn't available, like aubergine/Dawn... and it seems like, on a bag that's being made for you (such as a pre order), it might possibly be doable? Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

The Earth, we share.
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by organicfarmer View Post
    Yes, I had looked at the Pilot.
    * It's only 12.5L capacity versus a widened DLBC of 17L capacity expected (for reference that difference is 1/4 the size of A45 main compartment capacity)
    * The difference of having extra 5 liter main compartment could hold a stack of 750 pages of printer paper
    * Water bottle and front pockets appear 3D so they subtract from the main compartment capacity and openness
    * The DLBC capacity is 86% of its exterior dimensions surpassing the Pilot, Yeoman mini, and Stowaway (at a low 68%)

Why I offered the wish: It could be simple addition, be a personal size item with 17L capacity weighing less than 1 lb., have an efficient capacity/external volume ratio, and possess a large, flexible main compartment.

My personal use would extend to use as a portable filing cabinet. I have a stack of past 12 month paper receipts and records that I have and carry before scanning and filing. (Oh the joys of organic certification requirements). Just this last week I had a plastic file carrier that got brittle over time and cracked while being moved. A wide DLBC would solve my problem of poor plastic products, have a nice carry of files between field, barn, and house, and be sized as a flexible personal size item. Yes, getting another DLBC is my possibility and then having someone sew the 2 DLBC together back-to-back. I just thought the daylight/yeoman series could use a personal size item that I have multiple uses for based on the proven DLBC.
    I had also been wishing for a deeper or wider DLBC for many years. Even before my son was bornt, I think. And now, he is almost 2 years old.

Have I lose hope? Somewhat.
    At the same time, I have been downsizing my contents but it is still not able to fit in my EDC Water Bottle.

I currently owned 3 DLBCs. I wonder whether I want to take up another Burnt Orange DLBC which has become available. Nonetheless, I will be also receiving a Maker Bag soon for the first time. Looking forward to try it out and compare with my all time favorite DLBC Work EDC.

Correction: My son is actually almost 2 years old. Typo error. Lol. As well as, some spelling mistake.
    Last edited by weirdguy; 02-27-2019 at 06:07 AM.
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't remember if I posted this here or not but I would love to see the Parental Unit in 525 Ballistic. 1050 Ballistic makes it harder to get into the flatter outside pockets than 525 would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose I'll throw this idea out again: a hybrid Synapse 25-ish bag where the front can detach somehow from the main large compartment. Use case would be for travel as I currently use my S25 with packing cubes and when I get to my destination I just take the cubes out and explore with the rest of the bag largely packed how it was when I got on the plane with all my everyday carry essentials. However, this leaves the main compartment largely empty, which speaks to how wonderful the S25 organization system is! But everything sitting away from my back and having this cavernous empty main compartment is always weird. I always end up shifting stuff from the bottom pocket into the main compartment, which then leaves the bottom pocket empty and weird. In my mind, if I could just detach the front and have it deploy some straps or to become a smaller everyday carry backpack I'd have the ultimate onebag travel bag

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    I can't remember if I posted this here or not but I would love to see the Parental Unit in 525 Ballistic. 1050 Ballistic makes it harder to get into the flatter outside pockets than 525 would.
    I would quickly buy a 525 Burnt Orange PU if it were available! I really like my Original Halcyon/Wasabi one, and I'd enjoy having one in Burnt Orange but I don't think I want it in 1050 Ballistic.

Or maybe not so quickly, because I'd have to debate whether to get Burnt Orange or Aubergine...
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am using the S19 Freudian Slip in my Daylight Backpack. I would like to see more upper attachments that allow me to make use of the vertical space. An o-ring or a few along the top would allow affixing of small organizer pouches. A zipped section for papers, like some of the other FS's have, would also be useful.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might have figured this out already as a hack, but I put a large/medium split key ring on the pull loop of the Freudian Slip and use that as an attachment point for OPs, when I'm using one. (I also add split rings to the top O-rings in most of my TB backpacks, both because they are slightly larger and allow me to attach more keystraps, and because they are shiny and easier to spot in a dark interior.)

Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    I am using the S19 Freudian Slip in my Daylight Backpack. I would like to see more upper attachments that allow me to make use of the vertical space. An o-ring or a few along the top would allow affixing of small organizer pouches. A zipped section for papers, like some of the other FS's have, would also be useful.
    Last edited by haraya; 02-27-2019 at 07:47 PM.

Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast