Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 wish list

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update - [bchaplin] - On my most recent trip I was browsing in the airport, and found that NiteIze now makes their S-biners in different colors! Much easier to slip onto O-rings than using a split key ring. I bought the #3 size in blue (Island Smilie) and orange (Burnt Orange Smilie).

Amazon has a 3-pack (black, orange, blue): Assorted sizes

Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    That may have been mentioned, but I didn't remember it. Great idea! Thanks!

>>You might have figured this out already as a hack, but I put a large/medium split key ring on the pull loop of the Freudian Slip and use that as an attachment point for OPs, when I'm using one. (I also add split rings to the top O-rings in most of my TB backpacks, both because they are slightly larger and allow me to attach more keystraps, and because they are shiny and easier to spot in a dark interior.)

>>Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin
    I am using the S19 Freudian Slip in my Daylight Backpack. I would like to see more upper attachments that allow me to make use of the vertical space. An o-ring or a few along the top would allow affixing of small organizer pouches. A zipped section for papers, like some of the other FS's have, would also be useful.

Boston; she/her
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haraya View Post
    Update - [bchaplin] - On my most recent trip I was browsing in the airport, and found that NiteIze now makes their S-biners in different colors! Much easier to slip onto O-rings than using a split key ring. I bought the #3 size in blue (Island Smilie) and orange (Burnt Orange Smilie).
    I love using those NiteIze mini S-biners because I can attach pouches and key straps to them equally well no matter whether the pouch or key strap has a hook or an O-ring! I have a few colorful plastic ones but mostly I use these metal ones: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FIX12AG/
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a quirky wishlist-wish... I wish the center compartment of the Truck was a smidge wider, so that I could put multiple three-ring binders and papers in without encroaching on the end pockets, and so that the edges/corners don't bite into my arms. I use my Truck as a "house purse", to carry work stuff around the house when I want a change of scenery, and also as quick storage to get work stuff off the dining table till we're done eating. Smilie The papers & binders fit if I put them in crossways, but then the edges dig into my arm/side, and shorten the drop of the handles (because they are coming together across the dimension where the binders are rigid.)

If I put them in width-wise, they fit better and the smooth side of the paper/binder is against me and the handles are working with the direction that the books, etc. naturally compress.... but then I lose space in the pockets, and I'm limited in how much I can put in the center since the opening is not quite wide enough.

Like I said, might just be my own personal use case and I'll probably end up using a 210d LSB for the binders.... but thought it couldn't hurt to mention it! :O

Forum Member
    Portland, OR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish the Travel Cubelet was available in Ultraviolet and Cloud 525. Those are probably my favorite TB colors (other than Sitka) and I'm addicted to TCs!
    Current Everyday Carry: S19 in Cloud/Island, 15C Cache, SE in Wasabi, SC in Fjord; Cubelets in Dawn, Canyon, and Grass, COW in Original Halcyon
    Current Travel Carry: A30 in Original Halcyon/Ultraviolet, DLBP in Nordic, PCSB in Sitka, Large TT in Sitka, SSK in Wasabi, 3DOC in Solar

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haraya View Post
    I have a quirky wishlist-wish... I wish the center compartment of the Truck was a smidge wider, so that I could put multiple three-ring binders and papers in without encroaching on the end pockets, and so that the edges/corners don't bite into my arms. I use my Truck as a "house purse", to carry work stuff around the house when I want a change of scenery, and also as quick storage to get work stuff off the dining table till we're done eating. Smilie The papers & binders fit if I put them in crossways, but then the edges dig into my arm/side, and shorten the drop of the handles (because they are coming together across the dimension where the binders are rigid.)

If I put them in width-wise, they fit better and the smooth side of the paper/binder is against me and the handles are working with the direction that the books, etc. naturally compress.... but then I lose space in the pockets, and I'm limited in how much I can put in the center since the opening is not quite wide enough.

Like I said, might just be my own personal use case and I'll probably end up using a 210d LSB for the binders.... but thought it couldn't hurt to mention it! :O
    Just a guess, @haraya, but one of the sizing concerns in the original design for the Truck was fitting in groceries. The center section was pretty well sized for that. In fact, the smaller prototype, which I tested (in Island Halcyon), was too small for some usages. There are some pictures I posted showing library books that I could and could not fit in (but could have used the original Small Shop Bag for). The larger center section of the current Truck now allows the pocket to carry an iPad (and fits various books), but youíre right that while the pocket can fit a slim A4 notebook, you canít get US letter size paper in it. On the other hand, we have lots of alternative bags for carrying papers and binders, so Iím not put out by the size optimization for making it easier to pack in standard grocery items.

HTH

moriond

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kieri View Post
    I wish the Travel Cubelet was available in Ultraviolet and Cloud 525. Those are probably my favorite TB colors (other than Sitka) and I'm addicted to TCs!
    Yes I really would like an Ultraviolet Halcyon Travel Cubelet too!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do remember that post, moriond - I was picturing it when I wrote my idea up! Big Grin Yes, I figured that this was a modification that probably has few or no takers, since it's easy enough to use a different bag. I'm looking forward to my ballistic LSB in Grass - will be just the ticket for my binders!! (And it will balance me out to carry bags on both sides. Embarrassment)

(Interestingly, I'm not intending to use my Truck much for groceries. I find the width unwieldy at my height and for use in the smaller grocery carts which I prefer, plus the 525 - which I like for its sturdiness - is heavier and doesn't smush down like my Halcyon horde. But using it as my house tote means I get to look at it every day, not just grocery day! And I look forward to using it as a road trip bag - I love how it sits up. Good thing TB has so many different bags to suit everyone's purposes!)

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Just a guess, @haraya, but one of the sizing concerns in the original design for the Truck was fitting in groceries. The center section was pretty well sized for that. In fact, the smaller prototype, which I tested (in Island Halcyon), was too small for some usages. There are some pictures I posted showing library books that I could and could not fit in (but could have used the original Small Shop Bag for). The larger center section of the current Truck now allows the pocket to carry an iPad (and fits various books), but you’re right that while the pocket can fit a slim A4 notebook, you can’t get US letter size paper in it. On the other hand, we have lots of alternative bags for carrying papers and binders, so I’m not put out by the size optimization for making it easier to pack in standard grocery items.

HTH

moriond
    Last edited by haraya; 03-05-2019 at 03:20 PM.

Bethlehem, PA - USA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love an ultraviolet Side Effect. I'd probably also buy one in Iberian, but UV has been on my wish list for a few years now.
    EDC: SCB/MCB, Swift for knitting, small shop bags
    TRAVEL: A45
    FAVORITE TB COLORS: kiwi, verde, nordic & black halcyon, viridian, alphaviolet, ursa
    FAVORITE LINING COLORS: wasabi, northwest sky

Rochester, NY, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if padded pouches designed for camera lenses would be a hit for Tom Bihn? Obviously, they would need O-ring support. But that would be wonderful, as it would protect expensive glass from banging off the bottom of any Tom Bihn bag. I bet as few as 2 or 3 pouches could support so many brands and sizes...

...just fantasizing again.

Lexington KY USA
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to see a TB convention badge holder. I have one or two like these:

https://www.amazon.com/Pack-Ultimate.../dp/B01MT90U35

which hold a convention pass and event tickets, but they are cheap and kind of bleh. If I'm spending over $100 just to walk around at Gen Con, $12 for each game I want to play, over $1000 for a room, and I'm not telling my husband how much in the vendor area, it seems like the one thing I wear all 4 days of the convention should be functional, secure, look great...and match my other TB stuff. I go to at least 3 gaming conventions a year, so a badge holder would see just as much use as my Aeronaut.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Boston; she/her
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    I'd love to see a TB convention badge holder. I have one or two like these:

https://www.amazon.com/Pack-Ultimate.../dp/B01MT90U35

which hold a convention pass and event tickets, but they are cheap and kind of bleh. If I'm spending over $100 just to walk around at Gen Con, $12 for each game I want to play, over $1000 for a room, and I'm not telling my husband how much in the vendor area, it seems like the one thing I wear all 4 days of the convention should be functional, secure, look great...and match my other TB stuff. I go to at least 3 gaming conventions a year, so a badge holder would see just as much use as my Aeronaut.
    Ooh. If I had a TB badge holder I would actually remember to take my badge holder to conventions, instead of getting to the convention and then thinking "drat, I forgot the badge holder." (Other times I do remember to pack the badge holder but can't remember where I put it the last time I got home from a convention, so it still doesn't come with me.)

Though, thinking through the practicalities of making something small and fiddly like that, I wonder if it would be possible to make them for a price people would want to pay. But maybe it would be, I don't know! It seems like 210 Ballistic would be a good fabric for it...

I go to several science fiction & fantasy conventions every year, partly to enjoy the conventions themselves and partly as a way to spend time with friends and family who live in different parts of the US and Canada.

Edited to add: You know, those things are kind of like a mini Freudian Slip without the foam, don't you think?
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Lexington KY USA
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    Edited to add: You know, those things are kind of like a mini Freudian Slip without the foam, don't you think?
    Yeah, kind of! I'd be happy if there was a place for my badge and tickets, a pen slot, and a place for a Field Notes notebook. And by "happy" I mean "completely thrilled."

I think Halcyon (back in my day, we had Dyneema!) would be a great fabric - light and strong and colorful. Ballistic would be nice for those who wanted to match their other bags. A badge holder/Maker combo set would be super sweet.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mars Red Parental Unit

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RDR3 View Post
    Mars Red Parental Unit
    And Deep Blue/Dawn!

Forum Member
    New England
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Q Kits in new 525 colors, especially Mars Red.

Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast