Main TOM BIHN website
 
emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

  • Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 482

Thread: 2019 wish list

  1. #241
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Share
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    858
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh how I wish I could have a mars red zippered small shop bag. I love my black zippered SSB. Really excited about the mix of halcyon and ballistic options offered.
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

  2. #242
    Registered User one acorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Share
    In the mountains
    Posts
    8
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWhikergal View Post
    Oh how I wish I could have a mars red zippered small shop bag. I love my black zippered SSB. Really excited about the mix of halcyon and ballistic options offered.
    Ohhhhh, me too! I recently ordered a PT in Mars Red and I find myself totally on the fence whether to keep it or return it. I love the color, but Iím not quite as in love with the PT styling. But if the shop bags came in Mars Red... 2019 wish list


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #243
    Forum Member b1gsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Share
    Germany
    Posts
    319
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that you're offering bags in Coyote again - how about a Parental Unit in Coyote with NWS lining? I've seen pictures of the first version PU in Coyote/Steel and that bag looked great. And Coyote is a great gender neutral color too.

  4. #244
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Share
    UK
    Posts
    150
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    Now that you're offering bags in Coyote again - how about a Parental Unit in Coyote with NWS lining? I've seen pictures of the first version PU in Coyote/Steel and that bag looked great. And Coyote is a great gender neutral color too.
    Also, I wonder if it would be possible to make the PU in 525 Ballistic rather than the heavier/stiffer 1050?
    I would really like to see some other interior colours for the Black Halcyon as well

  5. #245
    Forum Member awurrlu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Share
    New England
    Posts
    16
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just found myself wishing for a Travel Cubelet in black halcyon. It'd enhance the bagi-in-bag functionality and be appealing to those of us who tend towards black!

  6. #246
    Forum Member chaimonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Share
    Florida
    Posts
    124
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    Now that you're offering bags in Coyote again - how about a Parental Unit in Coyote with NWS lining? I've seen pictures of the first version PU in Coyote/Steel and that bag looked great. And Coyote is a great gender neutral color too.
    If there was a Side Effect or Side Kick in Coyote with any color interior (NWS would be great), I would buy them immediately, if not sooner.
    Small Cafe Bag in Deep Blue/Grass - Medium Cafe Bag in Alphaviolet/Cloud - Pop Tote in Olive - S19 in Deep Blue/Iberian; Side Kicks in Aubergine/Island Halcyon, Verde/Ultraviolet, and Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - Side Effect in Nordic Halcyon/Northwest Sky Halcyon - S25 in Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - S25 in Aubergine/Island Halcyon

  7. #247
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Share
    North Carolina
    Posts
    130
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KAB View Post
    I would really like to see some other interior colours for the Black Halcyon as well
    Me too. I've stopped buying bags in black halcyon because of that.

  8. #248
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Share
    UK
    Posts
    150
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to see another run of the Shadow Guide, with the same spec and details as before.
    Also the reappearance of the wonderful Smart Alec............Please ?

  9. #249
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Share
    Sweden
    Posts
    220
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    My imaginary TB bags and accessories

    ***Mod note: the "My imaginary bags..." thread has been merged/whooshed into the 2019 Wish List thread***

    I was looking through the TB retired bags thread and I thought of some changes I'd like (if I ran the zoo, to quote Dr Seuss). Maybe there is a thread for this, I didn't find it.

    I love the TOOL ROLL. But, I want it with a little flap that sticks out from the top keep stuff from falling out, like attached along the upper edge and free at the sides, so if you don't want it you just tuck it behind.. Seriously, knitting needles and pencils and forks just would skitter to the floor ALL THE TIME for me -- the ones I have made have a tie around the middle that compresses and hinders this (a little bit).

    And then the FIELD JOURNAL. I read the blog and everything but my imaginary field journal has a centre paper mechanism that you can swap out. Like, if I want a Filofax ring because I have filofax paper, I just buy a mechanism (look for "ring binder replacement mechanism") or if I want a disk setup I can have no mechanism or if I want a midori setup I can get a bunch of elastic cords. Then all paper is open to you. TBH if I had a field journal i would certainly replace the hard insert with my own and a different set of rings, because I have lots of A5 paper and punches already. My imaginary journal also has leaves you can add to elastic, like the leaf of the First Aid pouch. But bigger. I also might want to put an iPad somewhere in there.
    Last edited by Cristina; 03-24-2019 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Thread whooshing

  10. #250
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Share
    SF Bay area
    Posts
    1,375
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    leaving on another work trip Monday and thinking of things I'd like to take with me (not that I don't already have a ton of choices)...

    -a Ghost Whale that is shaped like a prism, for pens/pencils... similar shape to the old 'Kit' but much shorter vertically & longer...I'm using a small GW right now, but a tad longer and more of a prism shape would work better

    -A30 small laundry in Violet before that colour discontinues

    -Side Kick in original (white grid) Black halcyon with island (ballistic or halcyon) before that colour discontinues

    -aether shoe bags... I'm thinking rectangular zip or drawstring pouches/sacks sold in sets of two so that each shoe can be wrapped separately and the extra aether fabric scrunched/tucked to ensure no extra room is taken up but that no nasty dirt and scum gets inside your bag... maybe two sizes: one for shoes/sandals (or a pair of flipflops) and one for boots... I've used plastic grocery bags for this in the past, but those days are long gone due to using reusable shop bags... and I have different types of Eagle Creek sil-nylon shoe bags but none are quite right...

    -of course the return of Solar, Monarch, Zest, etc... but I'd also love to see a fresh happy spring green halcyon... there's actually a Pantone call Green Spring that's close... or one close to lime... think of all the happy citrus colours...

    Oh, and I like the 400d external halcyons...with dark grid Nordic and original white grid Black discontinuing, I feel that there's a gap in the space/time continuum
    Last edited by G42; 03-23-2019 at 04:28 PM.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

  11. #251
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Share
    Boston; she/her
    Posts
    875
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    leaving on another work trip Monday and thinking of things I'd like to take with me (not that I don't already have a ton of choices)...

    -a Ghost Whale that is shaped like a prism, for pens/pencils... similar shape to the old 'Kit' but much shorter vertically & longer...I'm using a small GW right now, but a tad longer and more of a prism shape would work better
    How would it be different from a Q-Kit? I'm not visualizing it properly.

  12. #252
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Share
    SF Bay area
    Posts
    1,375
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    How would it be different from a Q-Kit? I'm not visualizing it properly.
    I like the Q-kit, but it's not sized the best for pens/pencils, paintbrushes, etc... imagine similar to that shape only not nearly as tall as the 'small' (larger size) and longer so that pens, pencils, small rulers, etc. would fit in a compact shape.
    So not a big happy half moon shape, but a prism shape - longer vs taller.... depending on the scrap available, a curved GW zipper on a prism shaped blob-like object (BLO) would be cool
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

  13. #253
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Share
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    9
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post

    -of course the return of Solar, Monarch, Zest, etc... but I'd also love to see a fresh happy spring green halcyon... there's actually a Pantone call Green Spring that's close... or one close to lime... think of all the happy citrus colours...
    I would also like a new halcyon in a bright spring green color. I've tried, but just don't like wasabi; it's far too yellow for my taste.
    But a lovely very green green would be great.

  14. #254
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Share
    France
    Posts
    109
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    -aether shoe bags... I'm thinking rectangular zip or drawstring pouches/sacks sold in sets of two so that each shoe can be wrapped separately and the extra aether fabric scrunched/tucked to ensure no extra room is taken up but that no nasty dirt and scum gets inside your bag... maybe two sizes: one for shoes/sandals (or a pair of flipflops) and one for boots...
    Yes, I also like this idea. But I consider that it would need to be in a material and design which would be suitable for a light washing machine wash, since shoe bags are likely to get dirty or smelly.

  15. #255
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,277
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ejvc View Post
    I love the TOOL ROLL. But, I want it with a little flap that sticks out from the top keep stuff from falling out, like attached along the upper edge and free at the sides, so if you don't want it you just tuck it behind.. Seriously, knitting needles and pencils and forks just would skitter to the floor ALL THE TIME for me -- the ones I have made have a tie around the middle that compresses and hinders this (a little bit).

    And then the FIELD JOURNAL. I read the blog and everything but my imaginary field journal has a centre paper mechanism that you can swap out. Like, if I want a Filofax ring because I have filofax paper, I just buy a mechanism (look for "ring binder replacement mechanism") or if I want a disk setup I can have no mechanism or if I want a midori setup I can get a bunch of elastic cords. Then all paper is open to you. TBH if I had a field journal i would certainly replace the hard insert with my own and a different set of rings, because I have lots of A5 paper and punches already. My imaginary journal also has leaves you can add to elastic, like the leaf of the First Aid pouch. But bigger. I also might want to put an iPad somewhere in there.
    I agree on both counts. I would LOVE an interchangeable binder mechanism. I think the reason the FJNs were discontinued was because the binder mechanism wasn't going to be available from their supplier anymore, so it's quite unlikely, but a great idea.

    Also agree on Tool/Pen wrap. I use mine kind of held upright in a Little Swift, so my needles don't fall out.

    (Edited because the threads were merged and some of this doesn't make sense any more)
    Last edited by Cristina; 03-24-2019 at 01:33 PM.

Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •