Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: 2019 wish list

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWhikergal View Post
    I actually use 2 different sizes of the aether bags - I believe it is the end pocket aeronaut sizes, but I would have to measure to be sure, for my shoes when I travel. One size fits my slender dress shoes, and a larger size fits my larger sporty shoes. They are my absolute favorites for travel since the material does not retain dirt, they are shockingly lightweight, and the zipper is flawless. Of course I had an advantage when choosing the sizes, as I simply took a couple pairs of shoes into the factory store to verify that my sizing was correct after I placed my order.
    Do you wash the aether bags that you use for shoes? I haven't experimented yet - one of the reasons I've been procrastinating using them for shoes....
    The end pocket cubes make sense - I definitely would want the full aether (no mesh) to keep shoe dirt inside but I don't think the A45 ends are big enough for my work boots - I'll have to check.
    Steel/Island A45&Pilot; Steel/Solar WF; oNordic/Solar CP; Steel Halcyon/Solar S19; Navy/NWSky A30; Blk Halcyon/NWSky SA; Olive/Canyon oL12; Nebulous/Island B L15

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @G42, I have not been washing them, but I think if they looked dirty a swipe with a damp cloth would likely suffice to remove dirt. Note, I looked back at the packing cube specs, and I think for my larger shoes I may have used a small packing cube instead since the depth is bigger than the end pockets. I suspect these might be too small for packing boots unless you wear a really small shoe size.

ETA: Now I am confused, since it looks like the small packing cubes are only available with mesh, and I thought they used to be available with only solid aether as an option. Please excuse my possibly faulty memory.
    Last edited by NWhikergal; Today at 09:11 AM.
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWhikergal View Post

ETA: Now I am confused, since it looks like the small packing cubes are only available with mesh, and I thought they used to be available with only solid aether as an option. Please excuse my possibly faulty memory.
    They did used to be available both ways, but they disco'd the all aether versions of the non-end cubes back during the big packing cube reset a year or so ago
    Steel/Island A45&Pilot; Steel/Solar WF; oNordic/Solar CP; Steel Halcyon/Solar S19; Navy/NWSky A30; Blk Halcyon/NWSky SA; Olive/Canyon oL12; Nebulous/Island B L15

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18