Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 wish list

Forum Member
    Sweden
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the Pop Tote and the Swift are very modern, a great take on the tote!. The Parental Unit is also just great. And I agree as well that the material of the cafe bags sets them apart and makes them very appropriate in my urban setting as well.

Can't stand the look of the Synapse (sorry everyone), Brain bag, Pilot or Co-Pilot; these are overdimensioned and clunky for me, similarly the Tri-Star and Empire Builder. Too many zippers. I also hated the Founder's Briefcase with a passion for those horrible horrible tan straps.

However I find the Western Flyer charming (it may be the name) and boy I love my Aeronaut. It might be more fashionable to have a "weekender" style bag but no way I am hauling a shoulder bag around with 10kg of stuff.

I was off Halcyon for a while but then I remembered how LeSportSac was just so cool, and got sucked in by its retro vibe. It's certainly great for the insides.

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wish list item: a Tom Bihn excess strap management option. While I know that the "web dominator" is a popular option online, it feels a bit tactical for my Tom Bihn bags. As I eagerly await the notification that my Luminary 15 is ready (please, please, please), as a person of shorter stature, I know I will have to pull my backpack straps almost to the ends when I get the pack. So I will have a lot of excess, dangly strap to manage. If TB ever introduced their version, I would love to get one for each of my backpacks.
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Forum Member
    Virginia USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like the S25 and more recently the S19. I’d like to see a dedicated laptop/ipad compartment while leaving the rest of the compartments and pockets the same. Essentially, increase the volumes a couple of liters each.

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talking of Original Halcyon - can we PLEASE get a Travel Cubelet in Original Halcyon before the fabric is retired? I would love that. I really want more items in Original Halcyon before it's gone (only have a SCB right now which I actually prefer in 525) and I don't need another big backpack or travel bag. But a TC would be awesome.

Rochester, NY, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Padded Ghost Whales? I think the A5 might be a perfect size for an iPad mini. Now imagine if it was padded for extra protection...

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff View Post
    Padded Ghost Whales? I think the A5 might be a perfect size for an iPad mini. Now imagine if it was padded for extra protection...
    The existing padded organiser pouch medium fits iPad mini perfectly.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deuxcv View Post
    my wishlist for 2019 and beyond...

that brings me to the overall aesthetics of the tb line... been said in many reviews that the designs are tired,clunky and outdated. i would agree. hire a designer to work alongside tom to bring a more current aesthetic to the lineup but keep the function and bulletproof construction in-line with the reputation for which they are known.
    Uh, if you like other bags' aesthetics, just ... buy those bags? Not sure why everything needs to have the same look.

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    Talking of Original Halcyon - can we PLEASE get a Travel Cubelet in Original Halcyon before the fabric is retired?
    And a Side Kick! I can't make the TC work for me, but if it was available in original halcyon, I'd probably buy one!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to wear my baby (think: baby backpack) in a carrier, and the ends of the straps had a loop of elastic sewn on the ends. You folded or rolled up the excess webbing, and then slipped the loop over the bundle to hold it together. Simple, always attached, low-profile. (I went so far as to buy some elastic to DIY my loops, but I am not fond of sewing. )

Quote Originally Posted by NWhikergal View Post
    Wish list item: a Tom Bihn excess strap management option. While I know that the "web dominator" is a popular option online, it feels a bit tactical for my Tom Bihn bags. As I eagerly await the notification that my Luminary 15 is ready (please, please, please), as a person of shorter stature, I know I will have to pull my backpack straps almost to the ends when I get the pack. So I will have a lot of excess, dangly strap to manage. If TB ever introduced their version, I would love to get one for each of my backpacks.
    Last edited by haraya; 03-29-2019 at 11:21 AM.

Forum Member
    Las Vegas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tress29 View Post
    And a Side Kick! I can't make the TC work for me, but if it was available in original halcyon, I'd probably buy one!
    I emailed customer service a few weeks ago about that very thing! Kat said that they don’t have SKs in Original Halcyon in the production schedule at the moment, but there’s a possibility that they make make a run before Original Halcyon goes away…fingers crossed!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust77 View Post
    I emailed customer service a few weeks ago about that very thing! Kat said that they don’t have SKs in Original Halcyon in the production schedule at the moment, but there’s a possibility that they make make a run before Original Halcyon goes away…fingers crossed!
    Hmm. Back in October, Darcy said they are going to make the Side Kick in original halcyon:

"Actually, yes! The Side Effect in Original Halcyon/Island will be in-stock around late November. The Side Kick in Original Halcyon/Island is due early next year."

See post #1520 in this thread: https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...tml#post166057

I hope it's more than just a possibility, but a reality. I will be very disappointed if it doesn't happen.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    Hmm. Back in October, Darcy said they are going to make the Side Kick in original halcyon:

"Actually, yes! The Side Effect in Original Halcyon/Island will be in-stock around late November. The Side Kick in Original Halcyon/Island is due early next year."

See post #1520 in this thread: https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...tml#post166057

I hope it's more than just a possibility, but a reality. I will be very disappointed if it doesn't happen.
    @pammy,

As the person who asked Darcy about the possibility of Original Halcyon/Island Side Effects and Side Kicks in that linked thread, I, too, have been waiting for an Original Halcyon/Island Side Kick to make an appearance.

moriond

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @pammy,

As the person who asked Darcy about the possibility of Original Halcyon/Island Side Effects and Side Kicks in that linked thread, I, too, have been waiting for an Original Halcyon/Island Side Kick to make an appearance.

moriond
    @moriond,

Oh, yes, you’re right! I remember you asked the question that I had been wondering about. Darcy’s response made my day. But now I wonder if the TB Crew will be able to fit the original halcyon Side Kick in their production schedule before OH is retired for good. Fingers crossed.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I contacted Customer Service about the TC and unfortunately there’s nothing planned, but Kat said "I do know that we plan on making the Side Kick and Side Effect in the Original Halcyon as well." So seems there is going to be an Original Halcyon SK. I’m happy for those waiting for one, unfortunately I don’t think the SK is the right bag for me. I really hope they’ll do the Travel Cubelet as well...

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    I don't like Island. :-( But I know everyone doesn't like Wasabi or UV...
    Last edited by tress29; 03-29-2019 at 01:18 PM.

Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast