Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 wish list

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deuxcv View Post
    a larger 3-1-1 bag.
    …………...
    that brings me to the overall aesthetics of the tb line... been said in many reviews that the designs are tired,clunky and outdated. i would agree. hire a designer to work alongside tom to bring a more current aesthetic to the lineup but keep the function and bulletproof construction in-line with the reputation for which they are known.
    ……...maybe with removable foam and swappable straps? would also be neat to have daypacks be lashable to a larger pack. ……..
    3DCOC size - try turning the 3DCOC inside out. Aesthetics change, but 3 things happen - vertical size improves significantly as the oversized seams are not robbing interior volume, the bag can stand upright by itself as the seams act as stabilizers, and the bottom of the cube becomes flat allowing bottles and items to stand upright on a flat surface vs balancing on the seams. Lastly, the 3DCOC product page is confusing or just dimension-fluid. The listed external dimensions equal the internal volume capacity 61 cubic inches = 1 liter. The product page also lists volume being exactly 1 liter / 1 quart, Today I Learned, never knew liter and quart were equal lol.

I personally feel the 3DCOC is due for a refresh. In keeping with TB looks and achieving the inside out 3DCOC benefits, I would like to see the 3DCOC match the style of how the Original Shop Bags are sewn. The large side panels and bottom are the same piece of fabric and then the seams are only on the sides allowing a flat bottom that allows bag to stand upright while maximizing volume. A strip of halcyon or ballistic fabric would be stitched to the bottom as a wear surface over the clear material.

Aesthetics. To each their own. You are buying a designer's designs, his name is the company, he does his design until he retires. Buy what makes you happy. Plus, if the business is selling enough to pay all its employees a real living wage for that city, why change and bravo to them.

Removable straps mentioned in this thread. Looking at getting an A45 or A30 in the future. Reading through the forums it is occasionally mentioned people cut off the straps of their aeronauts to save weight or utilize the space. Why can't the aeronaut straps attach at the top by removable system such as gate keeper straps? I would assume a clasp that would not dig into shoulder is available or engineerable. The straps are non permanent at the bottom, thus far fetched to do so at the top. Would also allow strap options (normal, light, heavily padded)

Forum Member
    Virginia USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A medium Q-kit. I’ve fallen in love with these. The small is a perfect size foe my ear buds with charger. I’ve for a couple of the largest q-kits but they’re just a touch too big. Something in between would be perfect.

Forum Member
    France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would love to have a Tom Bihn phone pouch available in various sizes for popular smartphones.

It would have easy opening access, perhaps velcro closing rather than zip? And external O-ring for either Key Strap, Handle Loop or a new neck loop attachment. Plus also it would have a belt loop attachment.

The Padded Pouch seems the right type of material construction, but being zipped is not so practical for access and not sized to phones. I guess what I am proposing is a bit of a cross between and adaptation of a Padded Pouch in material and a Passport Pouch in form? Perhaps it’s a padded form of Ghost Whale Pouch?
    Last edited by BigBadD; 03-30-2019 at 04:41 AM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need a shoulder strap attachment to hold a water bottle for those bags without a bottle spot...
    hydration! 2019 wish list

fredletsTravels
    http://www.fredletsTravels.com
    #TeamUltraviolet

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another run of ballistic interiors on the S25 please.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fredlet View Post
    I need a shoulder strap attachment to hold a water bottle for those bags without a bottle spot...
    hydration! 2019 wish list
    This sounds like a good idea but I'm having trouble envisioning how it would work. Do you have an example of a similar product from another manufacturer?

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pvn View Post
    This sounds like a good idea but I'm having trouble envisioning how it would work. Do you have an example of a similar product from another manufacturer?
    Nope! No one makes them!
    There used to be card holders you could Velcro around your shoulder strap, I have one from Timbuk2 but nothing for a water bottle.
    This would help with my A30 and my NFTD.

fredletsTravels
    #TeamUltraviolet

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fredlet View Post
    Nope! No one makes them!
    There used to be card holders you could Velcro around your shoulder strap, I have one from Timbuk2 but nothing for a water bottle.
    This would help with my A30 and my NFTD.

fredletsTravels
    #TeamUltraviolet
    I have seen a couple of these around, mostly in the ultralight camping sites, and the cool thing is they're made from Dyneema so they go well with TB gear!

https://mountainlaureldesigns.com/pr...strap-pouches/
    https://www.treadlitegear.co.uk/dyne...ocket-97-p.asp
    https://www.zimmerbuilt.com/store/p2...le_Pocket.html

And then there's this Amazon one.
    https://www.amazon.com/Clakit-Bottle.../dp/B01M6AWWY7

No experience with any of these firsthand. The thing I would examine closely is the attachment point. Most of them use a little clip that you attach to a similarly sized thingie on the backpack strap. If you're hoping to attach to an A30 or NFTD strap, I am not sure which ones would work. It's a good starting point though, and perhaps you could add a Velcro or elastic tape through the clip and wrap that around the strap to attach it.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by aedifica; 04-01-2019 at 07:41 PM. Reason: fix broken link

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just rec'd my original (white grid) black / island S19 which really really really (really!) makes me want the Side Kick in this combo before the oBlack halcyon retires.....

....and the Travel Cubelet in oBlack too

I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noodling over this further, since I'm using a SE and TC on my Smart Alec instead of the UMP and LMP... and my SA is halcyon... it would be great to have matching SE & TC in halcyon...

The SE's are available right now in all three of the 400d halcyons, but not the TCs... I can't be the only halcyon SA owner who wasn't able to get halcyon UMP/LMPs....
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wishing for a Black/Ultraviolet Ballistic Small Cafe Bag!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A45 in Verde/UV (although I'd take one in Black Ballistic/UV).

Rochester, NY, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A key organizer of the same ilk as the Nik's Minimal wallets? It would be cool to have my keys contained and not able to bump my phone screen...

Digital Nomad
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff View Post
    A key organizer of the same ilk as the Nik's Minimal wallets? It would be cool to have my keys contained and not able to bump my phone screen...
    FWIW, it's not keys scratching your phone, it's sand.

Forum Member
    New England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff View Post
    A key organizer... It would be cool to have my keys contained
    Take a look at the smallest Ghost Whale. I use one when my keys will jumbled with yarn and other things I don't want them tangled in.

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast