Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 wish list

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gqb View Post
    Sorry if I'm being dim, but I can't see any of the photos in @moriond 's post and I can't figure out which pocket you're talking about when you say " side slip pocket ".

Please could you post another pic or provide text explanation ?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
    You should be able to see the pictures now -- I've checked that they are visible even when I'm not logged into forums. Quick explanation: for some reason during my original posting from a computer I kept getting a time-out message because the Tom Bihn forums site was too slow to respond, so it would not accept my post. This most usually happens when are posting from a site with internet connectivity problems, are running other programs with memory intensive usage, or posting with a number of images and or links (or a combination of the above). When you upload photos, they are assigned temporary attachment address tokens that are good for perhaps 1 hour. If your full post, with all the links correctly resolved, is not accepted within that time, then the attached images are only visible to people who view the post within the period before the temporary tokens expire.

Usually, you should be able to edit the post and re-upload images, but every time I did that, and tried to post, I was thrown out with a message that the forum site was taking too long to respond, and my post changes were not accepted.

What worked as a quick fix was creating a post that only contained uploaded pictures -- these were immediately accepted. Then, all I needed to change in my original post were the references to the individual images by pointing to their attachment address in the dummy post that contained only pictures. I thought that I could hide that dummy post from public view and still have the image attachment links, but apparently that only works for moderators' views.

My fellow mods (who include @aedifica and @cristina), please just leave up that dummy post with pictures for now, so the uploaded images are visible to other forum members.

Hope this helps,

moriond

ETA: Text description is that the Night Flight Travel Duffel has wide end pockets that you can unzip from the top, a slimmer end pocket, that you unzip with the curved zipper on the side face, and a slip pocket that is behind that slim pocket from the bottom end of the bag. The opening to that pocket is at the bottom edge of the NFTD, where it is reinforced by black piping. These also act as grab point for pulling out the bag. I'm attaching a photo by @bb93fo57 where you can see all these features on the left side of his Steel Ballistic Nylon NFTD:

Last edited by moriond; 04-21-2019 at 04:35 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2019 wish list

@aedifica but isn't a secret upside down pocket pretty neat? :-) Once I sew an o-ring here I can tether an OP containing chocolate I don't want to share with my children.

Edited to add: the second pic in moriond's post shows the handle pocket with a pouch in it. I tried to quote just that pic but it wasn't showing up for me so I've edited instead.
    Last edited by Cristina; 04-21-2019 at 04:30 PM.

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    @aedifica but isn't a secret upside down pocket pretty neat? :-) Once I sew an o-ring here I can tether an OP containing chocolate I don't want to share with my children.

Edited to add: the second pic in moriond's post shows the handle pocket with a pouch in it. I tried to quote just that pic but it wasn't showing up for me so I've edited instead.
    All this time I thought that it was just a very useful grab handle.....now I can think of all sorts of uses.....yay! I will experiment and discover even more ways to use the amazing little NFTD. Embarrassment

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2019 wish list

I would like a 20-25L Road Buddy, very similar to a NFTD but with no foam insert and with the dividers between compartments able to be unfastened.
    Last edited by Cristina; 04-22-2019 at 09:26 AM.

Forum Member
    Kent, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I want is a cloud/UV version of A30 or A45. none of the colour combos offered at the moment are speaking to me, but there's probably no plans for cloud/UV combos, Any/UV combos are lacking for the aeronauts Frown

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by abiartemis View Post
    All I want is a cloud/UV version of A30 or A45. none of the colour combos offered at the moment are speaking to me, but there's probably no plans for cloud/UV combos, Any/UV combos are lacking for the aeronauts Frown
    So far neither Aeronaut has been offered in any of the 525 Ballistic combos, just 1050 Ballistic and 400 Halcyon. Unless that changes, we aren't likely to see Cloud for either one since Cloud is a 525 and 210 Ballistic color, not 1050. How do you feel about Steel instead of Cloud?

I do see that the A30 is available in Black Halcyon/UV right now and the A45 page says Black Ballistic/UV is in production...
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish for Hero’s Journey Top Bag to be offered on it’s own. It’s versatile dual function - carry as shoulder bag when on the move with another bigger backpack, then use as a day backpack at destination, leaving both hands free to take photos and videos. Then, when visiting museums, just turn the backpack into shoulder bag instead of leaving it in the cloakroom or locker.

Forum Member
    Kent, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    So far neither Aeronaut has been offered in any of the 525 Ballistic combos, just 1050 Ballistic and 400 Halcyon. Unless that changes, we aren't likely to see Cloud for either one since Cloud is a 525 and 210 Ballistic color, not 1050. How do you feel about Steel instead of Cloud?

I do see that the A30 is available in Black Halcyon/UV right now and the A45 page says Black Ballistic/UV is in production...
    Thank you for that clarification! I actually didn't know cloud was a different fabric, they all look the same to be! Steel/UV would actually be a great compromise... I would like to see that for the A30! Or black ballistic and UV for the A30 too

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish for the Travel Cubelet to be made in Black 210d Ballistic. Iíd love one in Black to alternate with my beloved Dawn one, but I find 525d too thick/rigid.

I also wish for the Side Effect in 210d Ballistic and/or Halcyon (either or both weights).

And an extra o-ring in main compartment the Travel Cubelet, on the opposite side from the current one so it can be used without getting in the way of the interior pocket.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by teresapoet View Post

I also wish for the Side Effect in 210d Ballistic and/or Halcyon (either or both weights).
    There's black 400d halcyon Side Effects available right now with UV interior.

TB made some 200d halcyon SEs briefly several years ago and haven't seem to have made them since - I don't know that they like that fabric weight for this bag.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    There's black 400d halcyon Side Effects available right now with UV interior.
    Ah, I had forgotten about that (and now Iím tempted to add one to my pre-order). Iíll focus my wishes on 210d instead then. Smilie

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we please get a MCB in the next production batch where Dawn is paired with either Deep Blue, Aubergine or Black?

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by abiartemis View Post
    Thank you for that clarification! I actually didn't know cloud was a different fabric, they all look the same to be! Steel/UV would actually be a great compromise... I would like to see that for the A30! Or black ballistic and UV for the A30 too
    You might want to request a fabric sample of steel first. Some of us find it greenish rather than grey...

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2019 wish list

A 525 Aubergine / Ultraviolet Parental Unit. It's only fair that the Parental Unit is made in 525, after all the Co-Pilot and Pilot* have made the switch away from 1050!

*Edited to add: and the Swift, Side Kick, and Side Effect!
    Last edited by Cristina; 04-26-2019 at 09:50 AM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kmw View Post
    I far prefer bags with flaps, but I would LOVE a cafe bag that zipped closed inside AND had a flap.
    I have a Timbuk2 that has a zipper along the spine of the flap, allows easy access via zipper opening OR via flap. I far prefer this to a zippered closure that is then covered by a flap. Would be nice to see this implemented in the cafe bags.

Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast