Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 wish list

Forum Member
    Southern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to see a somewhat larger DLBP (DLBP-19?) with heftier fabric, in coyote or burnt orange. I know this would negate a lot of the whole point of the DLBP in the first place, so maybe it could be a totally different pack with heftier straps, etc. I just like the look of the DLBP. It's a fantastic-looking pack and I'd use a larger one even more than the current one.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love a Luminary 12 in Cloud/Viridian or Grass. With an O-ring in the padded back compartment.

(If this is a duplicate post, apologies! Have been having technical hiccups since yesterday.)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will TB bring back Zest/Solar or a bright interior in Halycon? It's been on my wish list for so long!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coyote all mesh laundry bag, the dimension of the various Packing Cubes.

Aether Stuff Sacks for produces transport.

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Small organiser pouches in 210 ballistic colours.

I carry a small OP inside my side effect and I like to match the colour to the lining of the side effect wherever possible.

Viridian and cloud, please 2019 wish list

(And solar, but I don't suppose that's possible)

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

around 53°
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring back the LCB!!!

But if that doesn’t happen I wouldn’t mind seeing the MB with a back pocket.

Maybe cafe-style bags with a zipper.

Using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Riding the commuter rail every day, I'm in the land of backpacks: small, large, flat, bulky... almost everyone seems to wear one. I've noticed a lot of backpacks that are rectangular and flat, smallish, and can easily transition from backpack to hand-carry mode. They often narrow at the top, resembling a handbag. I'd really like it if Tom Bihn made something like that. The straps don't have to tuck away or do anything clever, just be unobtrusive (perhaps like the ones on the Daylight Backpack, and there should be a comfy carry handle (larger than the one on the existing TB models, perhaps even with a shoulder strap option).
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've mentioned pink and a kid's backpack before, but I'll mention it again, because my nearly-5-year-old has started asking for "an airplane bag" (that's what she calls my TB bags) for herself.

It would be amazing to get a bag that would last K-12 or at least K-5 (sizing of straps and capacity are more of an issue than durability, obviously?)... in the meantime she'll probably borrow my Aubergine DLBP or get one of her own in Red or Alphaviolet.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes the Sprout shows up on eBay or the resale boards (Rav, FB). In the meantime - would she consider an Alphaviolet Luminary? (the 12; not the 15, I myself find the 15 too long, and I'm just five feet). Or if that's too spendy, I started lending my son an S19 for plane travel when he was 6. (got it from a Raveler so it was under retail) I like the sternum strap for kids because it keeps the shoulder straps from sliding off, even if they are long. Don't know how well the DLBP straps work on a small child.

These days my son (now 11) takes a Smart Alec to school. Straps are still cinched down as short as they go, he's not quite 5 feet. It's a bit of overkill in the warm months, he doesn't actually need the cavernous space then, but it works well in winter so that he can stuff his binder, coat, hat, and gloves in there without struggling to make them fit. It's held up for the last couple of years far better than any of his previous packs (oh, it also did some time as his baseball bag, so it got thrown in the dirt and dangled off fences quite a bit). I've no doubt it would last him through college if he wants to keep taking it.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMama View Post
    my nearly-5-year-old has started asking for "an airplane bag" (that's what she calls my TB bags) for herself. [...] It would be amazing to get a bag that would last K-12 or at least K-5 (sizing of straps and capacity are more of an issue than durability, obviously?)
    Last edited by haraya; 05-30-2019 at 02:30 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMama View Post
    I've mentioned pink and a kid's backpack before, but I'll mention it again, because my nearly-5-year-old has started asking for "an airplane bag" (that's what she calls my TB bags) for herself.

It would be amazing to get a bag that would last K-12 or at least K-5 (sizing of straps and capacity are more of an issue than durability, obviously?)... in the meantime she'll probably borrow my Aubergine DLBP or get one of her own in Red or Alphaviolet.
    I would love a kids backpack that is big enough for school books but small enough for kids shoulders.

The L12 straps are small enough for my kids but the bag is too small to hold A4 folders. I need a big bag with small shoulder straps.

And I'm with you 100% on the pink!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cristina, you are absolutely right, this is why my 11yo is using the Smart Alec, because the S19 was just not wide enough to get a 3-ring binder in easily!

I could also be tempted by pink! Especially if they name it "dragonfruit". Dragonfruit ballistic, oh my!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    I would love a kids backpack that is big enough for school books but small enough for kids shoulders.

The L12 straps are small enough for my kids but the bag is too small to hold A4 folders. I need a big bag with small shoulder straps.

And I'm with you 100% on the pink!

The Earth, we share.
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd been off from the Forums for sometimes.
    Is there anything related to Clear Oganizer Pouch - returning in stock? Or being refreshed with the new Ballistic?

Either way, I'm still looking forward and/or wish for an All-Fabric Organizer Pouch - rather than a Clear one.

I currently still using a Navy All-Fabric and thought could use some new color and more sweat-resistance fabric like the Ballistic, perhaps?
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
    Is there anything related to Clear Oganizer Pouch - returning in stock? Or being refreshed with the new Ballistic?

Either way, I'm still looking forward and/or wish for an All-Fabric Organizer Pouch - rather than a Clear one.

I currently still using a Navy All-Fabric and thought could use some new color and more sweat-resistance fabric like the Ballistic, perhaps?
    Have you seen the Ghost Whale pouches? They come in similar sizes to the OPs but are a but more 3D.
    https://www.tombihn.com/collections/...14168549195839

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post

There are the regular 1050 ballistic, 200 halcyon, and still some cordura solid material organizer pouches - in the traditional shape like the clear front OPs.

For more 3D real estate, as @Cristina mentioned, there are the fun new Ghost Whales that come in 525 and 210 ballistic.
    Cubelets are in 210 and 525 ballistic and may be new since you've been around recently...
    The larger 3D Organizer Cubes now also come in 210 ballistic as well as the 200 halcyon.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    I would love a kids backpack that is big enough for school books but small enough for kids shoulders. And I'm with you 100% on the pink!
    Quote Originally Posted by haraya View Post
    my 11yo is using the Smart Alec, because the S19 was just not wide enough to get a 3-ring binder in easily!.... Dragonfruit ballistic, oh my!!
    Quote Originally Posted by haraya View Post
    Sometimes the Sprout shows up on eBay or the resale boards (Rav, FB). In the meantime - would she consider an Alphaviolet Luminary? (the 12; not the 15, I myself find the 15 too long, and I'm just five feet). Or if that's too spendy, I started lending my son an S19 for plane travel when he was 6. (got it from a Raveler so it was under retail) I like the sternum strap for kids because it keeps the shoulder straps from sliding off, even if they are long. Don't know how well the DLBP straps work on a small child.
    She's currently using an REI kid's pack that's 12 litres, and it's been nearly perfect for Pre-K - they take home a plastic folder daily, which the bag is juuuuuust big enough for, width-wise (though it has plenty of SPACE otherwise) - anything less flexible is difficult.... they stopped making the pink/purple color, otherwise I'd just get the same pack in the 18L size... plus the adorableness of your kid asking for an "airplane bag"... I mean... I pretty much HAVE to buy her a TB bag, right?

I'll have her try on my DLBP and Luminary 15 Smilie

and OMG DRAGONFRUIT. <3 <3

Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast