Main TOM BIHN website
 
emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

  • Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
Results 406 to 420 of 479

Thread: 2019 wish list

  1. #406
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    32
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coyote side kick... in the thinner fabric.

    Similar to above: I would also use a small backpack that has a way to carry it as a tote or shoulder bag. Canít seem to find a company that makes one I like, but I know the TB folks would make an awesomely functional one....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #407
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You read my mind! I've been searching for something easy to carry that maxes out the personal-item-only airline specs. This sounds perfect.

  3. #408
    Forum Member DWSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    46
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    2019 wish list

    Quote Originally Posted by haypeep View Post
    Coyote side kick... in the thinner fabric.

    Similar to above: I would also use a small backpack that has a way to carry it as a tote or shoulder bag.
    There are several makers who have backpacks with tote handles. Patagonia makes their Lightweight Travel Tote Pack; Gossamer Gear makes the Vagabond and Mystery Ranch makes a Booty Bag. Some have lousy pack straps, none have the over the shoulder crossbody option, and some are weak on the tote option.

    Mammoth makes a 22 liter of their Neon Shuttle which is a little big and the top is a drawstring affair that doesnít close tight.

    LL Bean makes both a Flowfold backpack and a very similar Flowfold crossbody toteó- they just need to meld them.

    I have no doubt that TB could pull this off with gold stars.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DWSeattle; 07-07-2019 at 10:59 PM.

  4. #409
    Forum Member Rei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Share
    France
    Posts
    194
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Packing Cube Shoulder Bag with some (webbing) attachment points in order to transform to backpack according the way the strap is attached
    Or 3-6L Packing Cube which can transform into an over the shoulder bag and a backpack
    just a Bihnion here

  5. #410
    Registered User swanksteak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    4
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Navy & Deep Blue / Ultraviolet Halcyon as a frequent color combo across the line. Iberian is retiringÖ nudge, nudge 😉

  6. #411
    Forum Member imagineez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Share
    SF Bay Area ; He/Him
    Posts
    192
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since Wasabi is retiring, I would love to see Original Halcyon paired with Wasabi Halcyon interior for one last run before Wasabi disappears. Like in the Side Kick and bigger bags too. It is such a splendid color combo IMHO.

  7. #412
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    4
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would love to see more Original/Wasabi and Original/Ultraviolet before the runs of original halcyon and wasabi are done! Especially in the Side Effect and the Synapses. Looking forward to the Coyote TC and also would be very interested in an Ultraviolet TC. Also what about Coyote/Ultraviolet!! I would buy that in basically anything.

  8. #413
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Share
    SF Bay area
    Posts
    1,371
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swanksteak View Post
    Navy & Deep Blue / Ultraviolet Halcyon as a frequent color combo across the line. Iberian is retiring… nudge, nudge ��
    Quote Originally Posted by birdlaw View Post
    Would love to see more Original/Wasabi and Original/Ultraviolet before the runs of original halcyon and wasabi are done! Especially in the Side Effect and the Synapses. Looking forward to the Coyote TC and also would be very interested in an Ultraviolet TC. Also what about Coyote/Ultraviolet!! I would buy that in basically anything.
    @swanksteak and @birdlaw - Welcome to the Forums, both of you!

    Hope that some of your wish list items get made.... I've recently bought several Original/Island items that I was hankering for, when they finally came up - hopefully your colour combos will also get on the production schedule
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too!

  9. #414
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    2
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    Packing Cube Shoulder Bag with some (webbing) attachment points in order to transform to backpack according the way the strap is attached
    Or 3-6L Packing Cube which can transform into an over the shoulder bag and a backpack
    Agree on the attachment point suggestions for the PCSB. Last year I was able to hack the PCSB into a fanny pack while traveling in Italy. This year I have the newer version with attachment points on front and top of the bag (vs on both sides). I did some hiking at Mt Ranier recently and found it was much harder to rig the newer style into a fanny pack. Itís the right size to double as a fanny pack but with the current attachment point locations, itís not as versatile to carry in multiple orientations.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #415
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Share
    Oklahoma US
    Posts
    4
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would love to see the MCB/SCB with a removable strap -- a loop on both sides and the strap made with gatekeeper clips. That would be so much nicer if you're packing the MCB inside another bag (say inside a larger personal item on a flight) - easier to store the strap then but still access/use the bag... in fact, I've been thinking about this so much that I'm considering voiding the warranty on mine and doing some bag hacking/surgery myself.... yikes....

  11. #416
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Share
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    89
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jenns View Post
    Would love to see the MCB/SCB with a removable strap -- a loop on both sides and the strap made with gatekeeper clips. That would be so much nicer if you're packing the MCB inside another bag (say inside a larger personal item on a flight) - easier to store the strap then but still access/use the bag... in fact, I've been thinking about this so much that I'm considering voiding the warranty on mine and doing some bag hacking/surgery myself.... yikes....
    I did this on mine and I like it so much better!

  12. #417
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Share
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    294
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As one of the many Hobonichi users here, I'd love to see an A6-sized Ghost Whale - something just large enough for my book and a few pens.

    I would also love to see Aether pouches become a regular thing. I've really come to love their wonderful lightness and translucency.

  13. #418
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Share
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    18
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like a wider strap for my sidekick. I have a newer one with the gatekeeper attachments, and Iím ok with the attachment method but Iíd prefer the Tom Bihn standard strap width.

  14. #419
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Share
    UK
    Posts
    150
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DLBP in Halcyon or maybe in 210 Ballistic (is that possible?) with a bright orange or yellow interior!

  15. #420
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    25
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to see the return of the previous cache design. I understand the flexibility of the current iteration with the zipper, but something just felt better about the flaps to me. Does anyone else feel this way?

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •