Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 wish list

Forum Member
    Boise, Idaho
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife enjoys using the Side Kick as a purse but it’s just about 50 cubes too small. My purse, the small Café, is a bit too large and the vertical format doesn’t work for her. There doesn’t seem to be anything in the Bihn product line between the Side Kick’s 185 cubes and the Café’s 375 cubes in a horizontal format. Have I missed it? If not, there’s a niche Tom and his designers need to fill: useful purse at 250 cubic inches.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogiesan View Post
    My wife enjoys using the Side Kick as a purse but it’s just about 50 cubes too small. My purse, the small Café, is a bit too large and the vertical format doesn’t work for her. There doesn’t seem to be anything in the Bihn product line between the Side Kick’s 185 cubes and the Café’s 375 cubes in a horizontal format. Have I missed it? If not, there’s a niche Tom and his designers need to fill: useful purse at 250 cubic inches.
    Take a look at the packing cube shoulder bag. In size it’s in between the Side Kick and SCB at 275 cubic inches and comes in several colors. I use it as a purse at times and when I do, I put either an iPad mini or a medium OP in the outside pocket to give the bag more structure. I use OPs and a 3DOC as inner organization. If I am carrying a heavier load, then I attach a mini OP Tech strap. It’s a great versatile bag.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Bogiesan, The suggestion that @pammy gave to use the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag (PCSB) for this is exactly on the mark. I have, on occasion, simply dropped my Side Kick into the PCSB — especially when I’m carrying U.S. letter size envelopes that are just slightly too long for a fully loaded Side Kick to handle without having to fold over the edges of the envelope or paper. It’s not a replacement for the Side Kick because the open interior lacks organization, and you do need to add some structure(e.g., with a medium size organizer or Double Organizer Pouch in the front zippered pocket as @pammy also recommends, since the heights of these pouches nearly match the height of the PCSB front pocket and can act as a stiffener.)

HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    Santa Cruz, California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A modest wish: an A5 Ghost Whale Organizer Pouch with an O-ring inside. I believe that it will increase the versatility of this pouch a lot.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same wish! Dreaming of a 2.3l bag (midpoint between Side Kick and Travel Cubelet).

The Side Effect (90 cubic in/1.5 l) is maddeningly too small / skinny to hold a hard-shell sunglasses case. I love the Travel Cubelet (100 cubic in/1.7 l) but it also is slightly too small for my needs. The Side Kick (185 cubic inches/3 l) is a little too big and floppy.

I’d love a little bit larger TC, still vertical orientation with zippers, say, 2 inches wider.

MA USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
    I’d love a little bit larger TC, still vertical orientation with zippers, say, 2 inches wider.
    I'd agree but I want an extra inch in height to match the 2 in width.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah! Good idea.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any chance the Smart Alec would ever go back into production? Was introduced to Tom Bihn after production had ended and constantly find myself thinking about how great a Smart Alec would fit my use cases.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ffs View Post
    Any chance the Smart Alec would ever go back into production? Was introduced to Tom Bihn after production had ended and constantly find myself thinking about how great a Smart Alec would fit my use cases.
    The Smart Alec is retired, but TB does watch interest on items.

If you go to the product page, there's a sign up for notification, in case they decide to make it again.... at least it's another way to signal that you're interested!

https://www.tombihn.com/products/sma...nt=18956730695

SA's also show up on eBay sometimes
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tip! I did notice I had the ability to add myself to the email list in the case it does come back and I promptly did so. I have been keeping my eye on eBay for the off chance one shows up. Hopefully the demand is high enough that they decide to bring it back it appeals to me in so many ways I constantly find myself longing for one

Alberta, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a Pop Tart edition Pop Tote would be amazing... plain colors on the outside and limited-edition super bright colors (or re-runs of old favourites) on the inside.

Also, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Sidekick and use it as a camera bag + EDC... but I'm already realizing that by the time I purchase another lens for my camera or maybe upgrade my camera I will wish that the Sidekick was an inch or so wider. My camera just fits as it is, and with the wrap I keep my camera in the Sidekick bulges a bit at one end to accommodate the camera. If my gear changes at all, the Sidekick will be slightly too small.

Forum Member
    Boise, Idaho
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pammy, thanks. Ordered the cube shoulder bag. The lack of structure and internal organization will make it a difficult sell as an EDC purse but, if DW doesn’t like it, score a new travel organizer for me.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to see a proper sling bag from TB. One designed to sit across the middle of your back, kinda like the peak design everyday sling. But obviously with the TB spin.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to see the A30 small laundry cube in Violet before that colour disco's... that way I'd have a fully colour coded main compartment

These are my favorite thing to use in the A30 by far - totally fits my packing style
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    I'd like to see the A30 small laundry cube in Violet before that colour disco's... that way I'd have a fully colour coded main compartment

These are my favorite thing to use in the A30 by far - totally fits my packing style
    I almost posted this exact same wish last night. Violet Aether is my favorite of all the Aethers. Fingers crossed Violet gets a last run in everything before it goes!

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast