Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 wish list

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any realistic chance of the Shadow Guide making a re-appearance? Trying to decide if I should go all in on a second hand one that is being sold.. even if the Shadow Guide wont be produced again for a year or years I don't mind waiting, but I would hate to miss the opportunity and never be able to get my hands on what seems to be the perfect bag to me.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ffs View Post
    Is there any realistic chance of the Shadow Guide making a re-appearance? Trying to decide if I should go all in on a second hand one that is being sold.. even if the Shadow Guide wont be produced again for a year or years I don't mind waiting, but I would hate to miss the opportunity and never be able to get my hands on what seems to be the perfect bag to me.
    Your best bet to get an idea if it's in a production window is to contact Customer Service directly.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Organizer Pouch color selection option.

I understand the colors and materials come from other bag's waste stream, some improved system of color selection be made available. The ghost whale pouch at a lower price point has color selection option in purchase process so I don't believe it is a cost issue. I have used the "ask CS to pick colors". I feel like I am leaning on CS too much after placing my order to ask what colors I got even with the order comment of "3 choices and ones you don't want".

I guess I could get particular and ask "I want a sCOP in 525 ballistic coyote and if you don't have it, substitute with 1050 ballistic coyote, and if neither available, then delete item from order"

If not a full color order selection process like the ghost whale pouches, maybe a weekly/monthly picture of the OP pile/bin to see what available or a "Top 5 colors we have now" to help with probability of getting a color I would like.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ffs View Post
    @G42 is right: the quickest answer is from our stellar crew (Kat, Cody, Matthew, Mike) but I happened to see this, so I'll answer as well.

It's entirely possible we will make another production run of the Shadow Guide. It could happen this year, but is more likely to happen early-mid next year. Because our production capacity is limited, we try to remain open/nimble to responding to various changes and demands, so that's why I can't offer a for-sure. If you don't mind waiting that long, I'd say wait.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    @G42 is right: the quickest answer is from our stellar crew (Kat, Cody, Matthew, Mike) but I happened to see this, so I'll answer as well.

It's entirely possible we will make another production run of the Shadow Guide. It could happen this year, but is more likely to happen early-mid next year. Because our production capacity is limited, we try to remain open/nimble to responding to various changes and demands, so that's why I can't offer a for-sure. If you don't mind waiting that long, I'd say wait.
    Thanks @G42 and Darcy for the responses. I don't mind waiting and can make do with my assortment of other TB bags. Now I've got at least one exciting thing to look forward too next year!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to get a zippable glasses case which would attach to the o-rings. That way I can keep my sunglasses easily accessible without having to dig through my bag....

Forum Member
    Las Vegas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jasl View Post
    I would love to get a zippable glasses case which would attach to the o-rings. That way I can keep my sunglasses easily accessible without having to dig through my bag....
    Does the Small Ghost Whale Organizer Pouch not work for you?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust77 View Post
    Does the Small Ghost Whale Organizer Pouch not work for you?
    Is that soft enough on the inside to protect the lenses, but hard enough on the outside to keep it safe from impacts? That's part of why I am interested in something designed specifically for glasses...

Forum Member
    Las Vegas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that soft enough on the inside to protect the lenses, but hard enough on the outside to keep it safe from impacts? That's part of why I am interested in something designed specifically for glasses...
    Ahh!...I think it’s soft enough on the inside, but I think you’re right, that it probably wouldn’t withstand impact. (I keep one clipped on the outside of my bag, so it’s handy and it won’t get crushed.)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cordura Brain Bag. Any chance of that?

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think about padded pouches, but the medium size is quite big (but the other ones are too small...)
    or a ghost whale pouch (as said) with tissue inside to minimize impact

Edit (because I don't like double posts very much):

I wish for:
    - 5 to 10L mini totable-packback (I mean bag which can be held in tote way and backpack way)
    - Guide Edition accessories (to match with GES25, I already buy almost every items with coyote buckles or coyote webbing... even Skookum Dog accessories... which I love btw)
    Last edited by Rei; 08-09-2019 at 04:36 AM.
    just a Bihnion here

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    Cordura Brain Bag. Any chance of that?
    TB has mostly moved away from Cordura - your best chance is on the secondary market

ETA - and welcome to the Forums @del!
    Last edited by G42; 08-09-2019 at 09:23 AM.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

MA USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would LOVE to see a Guides Edition Smart Alec.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A second call for the tote/backpack that is about 12L.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    TB has mostly moved away from Cordura - your best chance is on the secondary market

ETA - and welcome to the Forums @del!
    Thanks for the welcome.

I don't know why, but I'm not a fan of the ballistic nylon look. I think it reminds me of some kinds of luggage or gym bags I used to see — tough, but maybe not wearing in the way cordura looks and feels when worn in. I'm only judging by sight, though. I've never owned a bag made of that material.

Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast