Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Thread: 2019 wish list

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since TB has run through the last of the Nordic, bring back original white grid Nordic?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just one more run of A30 laundry cubes in Violet Aether before it retires, please?

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    Just one more run of A30 laundry cubes in Violet Aether before it retires, please?
    Sorry, @Cristina, I asked Kat about this earlier today, before I placed my order for strap keepers, and they’re out of the Violet Aether. I’m not even sure that they made the A30 laundry cubes in Violet Aether, because I recall seeing the early options as Island and Northwest Sky.
    Last edited by moriond; 09-18-2019 at 01:33 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Sorry, @Cristina, I asked Kat about this earlier today, before I placed my order for strap keepers, and they’re out of the Violet Aether. I’m not even sure that they made the A30 laundry cubes in Violet Aether, because I recall seeing the early options as Island and Northwest Sky.
    Thanks for asking @Moriond.
    I don't think they were made in Violet either...I wanted one too @Cristina - I like color coding my stuff and I use all three colours right now.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sooo, maybe now's a good time to start asking for a new colour of aether...? (I know, I know, we're spoiled with choices but never satisfied)

Like a version of Dawn or a green...?

I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iím not sure if this has been said before but I would absolutely love a TB packable grocery bag in Halcyon . One that fold up small enough to fit inside a sidekick or similar but strong enough to hold groceries or whatnots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonsbrain View Post
    I’m not sure if this has been said before but I would absolutely love a TB packable grocery bag in Halcyon . One that fold up small enough to fit inside a sidekick or similar but strong enough to hold groceries or whatnots.
    I don't think Halcyon can fold up small enough to work as a good packable grocery bag, unfortunately! Some people here have wondered whether Aether would work for that, though. (I don't know if you have any TB packing cubes--Aether is the material that's been used for those cubes for the last few years. It's lighter and thinner than Halcyon, but also not as strong.)

That said, I do fold up my Halcyon shop bags and carry them around inside of other bags--they just don't fold up small enough to be what I consider a "packable" grocery bag.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    I don't think Halcyon can fold up small enough to work as a good packable grocery bag, unfortunately! Some people here have wondered whether Aether would work for that, though. (I don't know if you have any TB packing cubes--Aether is the material that's been used for those cubes for the last few years. It's lighter and thinner than Halcyon, but also not as strong.)

That said, I do fold up my Halcyon shop bags and carry them around inside of other bags--they just don't fold up small enough to be what I consider a "packable" grocery bag.
    I own a couple of these and they work great I feel like if they can do it good TB can do it better. Also I think I need everything to match for my head to be at ease.

Grocery Bags Shopping Reusable Foldable Totes Constellation 5 Pack Ripstop Navy Bags Bulk 50LBS Large Cute Bags Eco Friendly Fabric Sturdy Washable Waterproof Black Teal Gray Purple Navy https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KHRKHWY..._CJbHDbMTJRH3A

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I own a couple of these and they work great I feel like if they can do it good TB can do it better. Also I think I need everything to match for my head to be at ease.

Grocery Bags Shopping Reusable Foldable Totes Constellation 5 Pack Ripstop Navy Bags Bulk 50LBS Large Cute Bags Eco Friendly Fabric Sturdy Washable Waterproof Black Teal Gray Purple Navy https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KHRKHWY..._CJbHDbMTJRH3A
    Pretty! I know someone who might need those constellation bags. I can't tell for sure from just the pictures, but the material looks a lot thinner than Halcyon--how is it in real life, are you able to compare the two?
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have similar style bags from Baggu. They're a bit smaller footprint (but thicker) than a deck of cards when all folded up in their little pouch. I have them scattered around my car, backpacks, etc. for emergencies. They are good for that as they do indeed pack up very small...but they have zero padding on the handles which makes them uncomfortable to carry for long distances or with anything heavy. And as @aedifica observed, the material is indeed very thin - I have punctured a couple of mine over time.

The durability and the amazing Poron handles on the TB bags to me are worth the cost and larger size. I just put a TB Shop Bag semi-flat/folded/layered into whatever bag or pack I'm traveling with.....in my car, I put them into another bag to corral them and I'm not worried about them taking up space in the backseat footwell -YMMV of course.

It would be interesting to see if TB could come up with something, but it would be a tradeoff

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I’m not sure if this has been said before but I would absolutely love a TB packable grocery bag in Halcyon . One that fold up small enough to fit inside a sidekick or similar but strong enough to hold groceries or whatnots.

The Shop Bag actually was designed in response to a request in a thread started by @ratdeau titled Ultralight Utility Tote in Dyneema. That was where the decision was made to have padded handles, which do make them less foldable

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    Pretty! I know someone who might need those constellation bags. I can't tell for sure from just the pictures, but the material looks a lot thinner than Halcyon--how is it in real life, are you able to compare the two?
    Thinner for sure but not by that much not as stiff. They hold a massive amount and Iím able to toss 2 in my sidekick front pocket with ease. When I need them bam out they come Iím never walking more then a few blocks so padded handles arenít as important to me as packability (I mightíve made that word up). I would definitely pay more for the USA TB quality and Iím sure a lot of other people would too. I think itís time for them to revisit this with so many bans in major cityís we need this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m a huge fan of Chico Bags for the kinds of packable shop bags we’re talking about. The TB Shop Bags are fantastic but bulky enough when stored away that I don’t carry them for incidentals. I think an unpadded Aether Shop Bag would be really great.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stuff sack to fully utilize the water bottle pocket of the synapse when no water bottle carried.

The travel stuff sacks are relatively short, the laundry stuff sack are to large of diameter and I think a little short. Yarn stuff sacks are short. I don't see a TB packing cube size that could work well. I do see another manufacturer packing cube of a long narrow cube that may work okay.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know someone (the Bihnion who had the soccer-playing robots - blanking on the name) commissioned a pouch like this from someone on Etsy, so there's definitely others who've seen the need! I too often put things other than water bottles in this pocket - for whatever reason, I seem to like carrying my bottle in the main compartment most of the time, and the center front pocket is great for things I need more frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by organicfarmer View Post
    Stuff sack to fully utilize the water bottle pocket of the synapse when no water bottle carried.

The travel stuff sacks are relatively short, the laundry stuff sack are to large of diameter and I think a little short. Yarn stuff sacks are short. I don't see a TB packing cube size that could work well. I do see another manufacturer packing cube of a long narrow cube that may work okay.

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast