Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 wish list

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darknova306 View Post
    Are there any plans to do another dedicated sling bag? I know the PCSB and SK are referred to as slings, but I'm thinking along the lines of the old Buzz. I'd love to see a 8-12L sling pack with decent organization.
    Nik's working on two (potential) sizes of a sling bag; the larger can fit a 13" laptop. Tom has been talking about bringing The Buzz back, but that's probably a bit farther out than Nik's sling bags because Tom is finishing up a few other designs right now.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Nik's working on two (potential) sizes of a sling bag; the larger can fit a 13" laptop. Tom has been talking about bringing The Buzz back, but that's probably a bit farther out than Nik's sling bags because Tom is finishing up a few other designs right now.
    Thank you so much for the info, Darcy! That's exciting news!! I've been looking for a sling bag that fits my needs without the tactical look. Looking forward to seeing whatever designs Nik and Tom decide to go with!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Luminary-esque bag that can fit a 15" Macbook Pro in its padded laptop section. Seriously!

I had to pick up a North Face bag because it was the only option out even remotely close and my daily carry has been ever so sad since.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wishing for: shoulder/messenger bag that fits a MCB FS but is zip top! I'm not one for huge flaps but I LOVE my FS. (also still wishing for a padded eyeglass case and halcyon ghost whale pouches) Plus a slender/rectangular version of the travel tray would be super cool. Slender as in would fit well in messenger style bags a bit easier but would still pop up. I love using my TT in flights

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wishing for: the Guide's Editions of the Synapse 25 and the Synik (both Syniks??). Early 2020 cannot come soon enough! I wonder if a shadow GE S25 could ever happen if they bring back the shadow guide, that would be incredible!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A packing cube sized about 4" x 2.5" x 12". Unless I am missing one in TB size, this would be about 1/3 an A30 cube and fit for a shirt, pair socks, underwear or as a cube within a cube for more compression.

A packing cube the size of an inside out 3DOC. Love the 3DOC, lots of places the 3DOC fits in the TB bags, but 3DOC is heavier than a packing cube version with lighter material and zippers.. The 3DOC misses a clamshell opening for ability to pack in desired order and then compress to close versus squeezing bulky items in only to have them decompress and 3DOC be prematurely full.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cubelet with clear panels like the 3DCOC

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by organicfarmer View Post
    A packing cube sized about 4" x 2.5" x 12". Unless I am missing one in TB size, this would be about 1/3 an A30 cube and fit for a shirt, pair socks, underwear or as a cube within a cube for more compression.
    Not TB, but Eagle Creek has a tube cube
    https://www.eaglecreek.com/shop/pack...c041185#hero=0
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Virginia USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tessa.vanz View Post
    Wishing for: shoulder/messenger bag that fits a MCB FS but is zip top! I'm not one for huge flaps but I LOVE my FS. (also still wishing for a padded eyeglass case and halcyon ghost whale pouches) Plus a slender/rectangular version of the travel tray would be super cool. Slender as in would fit well in messenger style bags a bit easier but would still pop up. I love using my TT in flights
    I love both these ideas. I vote for a zipper on the SCB. I'd use it more if it had one.

I also love the idea of a squarish TT. Think it would work better my my luggage too. I also wonder if there's a way to give the sides more optional "structure" so thing could be "stood up" in the TT.
    Bags - S25 (Mars Red balistic/Northwest sky/halcyon), S19 (Deep blue balistic/Iberian/halcyon). S22 (Aubergine)SCB (Nordic)
    Accessories - including Nik's #4 wallets, ghost whales, Q-kits, pouches, stuff sacks, travel trays.

Forum Member
    Austin, TX
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally agree about a zipper on the Cafe bags. That's what keeps me from buying one. I'm too klutzy to risk having an open bag haha.

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer either a zipper or a flap. I think both at once is annoying, because it makes it so difficult to access the content of a bag while wearing it. I feel very secure carrying my valuables in my Cafť bags despite the open top when the flap is closed. When I’m somewhere crowded I simply rotate my bags to the front (I do that with all crossbody bags) and put my arm on top.

Silicon Valley
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wish: return the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag attachment points back to their original per this petition

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Not TB, but Eagle Creek has a tube cube
    The EC tube cube S and XS are what I have. I originally got their ultralight version but the zipper only went 2/3 clamshell whereas the design with '300d bluesign fabric' is full clamshell opening.

In the XS (about the size of a 3DOC) I just fit a XL t-shirt, wool socks, and underwear and compressed it down to 1.93 liters external. The ability to push down the small area while simultaneously closing the zippers allows great compression. Excepting pants and shoes, 5 changes clothes could fit in 9.5 liters. The large cubes allow compression, just not near the same as a mini cube. Unintended feature when I got them.

My wish for TB version is for TB quality, the smaller TB packing cube zippers, sized to 3DOC external dimensions to fit the TB tetris matrix, and consistent style.

The longer tube cube S has been my spare set of clothes holder. Would work well at bottom of EDC for that purpose too. Within another packing cube would act as a second compression like cube.

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by organicfarmer View Post
    My wish for TB version is for TB quality, the smaller TB packing cube zippers, sized to 3DOC external dimensions to fit the TB tetris matrix, and consistent style.
    I love that! The TB tetris matrix!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turquoise 525? Either the same shade as the old Turquoise Cordura, or a slightly moodier color (with some grey, but still on the blue side of the blue/green mix). Somewhere in the palette of the underside of a glacier.

Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast