Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 wish list

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by panda2mama View Post
    Maker's Bag.
    1. Can the zipped pocket on the inside be shifted to the back, like DLBC, so we can easily access some items without opening the flap?
    2. Not so many small pockets in the front zipped pocket, or at least make them a bit bigger such that they can fit car keys, access keycards, tissue paper packs
    3. Add pen slots

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    4. And a handle like Cafe Bags!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the most anticipated item, for me, would be the replacement for the pen roll, something beautiful, with pen slots, the same that were used in the FJN, that would enable me to take my fountain pens, pencils and markers on outings. So, besides being beautiful it should be sturdy.

Another one would be a produce bag, I am thinking of a variation of the laundry bag with a mesh separator instead of the fabric one. This mesh would allow to mitigate, for the snafus, that sometimes arise when soft fruits gets bruised during transport.

The all around fabric and fabric bottom is needed to protect the fruit or vegetable from the yukkiness of shopping carts.

Ideally it would be made of a fabric that is washable.

Also, since there are now many mesh fabric colors, I would also be happy with a mesh bag for washing.

I also would be happy to see pink ballistic or at least a magenta, since the beautiful Alphaviolet is on its way out. I am grateful that Dawn is still there and that Aubergine was introduced.
    Last edited by backpack; 12-06-2018 at 09:38 PM.

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    I also would be happy to see pink ballistic or at least a magenta, since the beautiful Alphaviolet is on its way out. I am grateful that Dawn is still there and that Aubergine was introduced.
    I missed any announcement that Alphaviolet is retiring--where was it mentioned? (I dislike Alphaviolet myself so I'm personally not unhappy about that, but I feel sympathy for the people who will be sad to see it go. (I like purple, but it turned out that for me Alphaviolet is the Wrong Purple and Aubergine is the Right Purple.))
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    I missed any announcement that Alphaviolet is retiring--where was it mentioned? (I dislike Alphaviolet myself so I'm personally not unhappy about that, but I feel sympathy for the people who will be sad to see it go. (I like purple, but it turned out that for me Alphaviolet is the Wrong Purple and Aubergine is the Right Purple.))
    Hi @aedifica,

They resuscitated the color list + news sticky thread. I’ll quote the relevant post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    10/30/2018 Updates

Aether
    Added new colors Island and Northwest Sky

Halcyon 400 Denier
    Nordic (retiring mid-2019)
    Original (retiring late 2019)

210 Denier HT Ballistic Nylon
    Grass (retiring by late 2019)
    Viridian (retiring by mid-2019)
    Added Island
    Added Dawn (everyone agrees it retired too early, so we've decided to bring it back!)

525 Denier HT Ballistic Nylon
    Alphaviolet (retiring by early 2020)
    Added Nebulous Grey
    HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll add my yearly plea for an MCB in Halcyon / Island for 2019 ;-)

Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love a SK in dawn! The Aubergine is lovely but I think the more neutral dawn would work for a wider variety of outfits.

Not that I need another bag at ALL..... 😁

Also, how about just a simple Tom Bihn t-shirt? I know clothing is a far cry from bags (especially since sizing always throws a wrench in inventory) but I think it'd be nice to proclaim our Bihnion status even if maybe on that day we aren't carrying our favorite bag.
    Synapse 25, Aeronaut 30, Travel Tray

ď...a book is a fragile creature, it suffers the wear of time, it fears rodents, the elements, clumsy hands. If for a hundred and a hundred years everyone had been able freely to handle our codices, the majority of them would no longer exist. So the librarian protects them not only against mankind but also against nature, and devotes his life to this war with the forces of oblivion, the enemy of truth.Ē
    ― Umberto Eco, The Name of the Rose

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love a mini zip tote shop bag, to use as a lunch bag or purse like object. Maybe about 2/3 of the small size???
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the T-shirt idea! Maybe with the "Portable Culture" tagline? With a V-neck option, hopefully.... I have so many T-shirts that I bought because I loved the design, but I need to admit that I can't do crew-necks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLibrarian View Post
    Also, how about just a simple Tom Bihn t-shirt? I know clothing is a far cry from bags (especially since sizing always throws a wrench in inventory) but I think it'd be nice to proclaim our Bihnion status even if maybe on that day we aren't carrying our favorite bag.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love a sling bag!!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLibrarian View Post

There's a day when we AREN'T carrying our favorite bags?!?!?!
    A30 - Original Halcyon/UV MB - Aubergine/NWS LCB - Original Halcyon/Wasabi! MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! SE - NORDIC/Solar TT - Sitka

TB Newbie First factory visit - 9/21/2018

Heartís desire: a S19 or S25 in original NORDIC.

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Hi @aedifica,

They resuscitated the color list + news sticky thread. I’ll quote the relevant post:

HTH

moriond
    Thank you! I thought I was subscribed to that for updates, but I must have missed it.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iíd really love a 1L water bottle holder with clips that let me put a cross body strap on it.
    Bonus points if I could have a little zip pocket for minimal cards.
    Even better if it could be clipped to other bags...

fredletsTravels
    http://www.fredletsTravels.com
    #TeamUltraviolet

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fredlet: Flip and Tumble has a waterbottle bag that sort of fits your description. It has a little pocket (not zipped).

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I continue my search for my Goldilocks bag - I'd love to see a personal item size version of the Shadow Guide. I keep searching for a 16-17" backpack (I'm 5'0" and want something that ends just above my tailbone) with minimal organization - mainly one big cavernous section and a smaller organizing pocket or 2 that has good, comfortable straps and can handle a 15 pound load. I think the Shadow Guide ticks most of the boxes except for the size. (Cue U2's "Still haven't found what I am looking for...")

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vecturist View Post
    As I continue my search for my Goldilocks bag - I'd love to see a personal item size version of the Shadow Guide. I keep searching for a 16-17" backpack (I'm 5'0" and want something that ends just above my tailbone) with minimal organization - mainly one big cavernous section and a smaller organizing pocket or 2 that has good, comfortable straps and can handle a 15 pound load. I think the Shadow Guide ticks most of the boxes except for the size. (Cue U2's "Still haven't found what I am looking for...")
    Have you looked at the Eagle Creek Travel Bug?

fredletsTravels
    http://www.fredletsTravels.com
    #TeamUltraviolet

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast