Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 LastLast

Thread: 2019 wish list

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by organicfarmer View Post
    Annual Crowdfunding Campaign of Wish List.

Give a month for forum suggestions., Narrow selection to existing/minor modified items and items having parts on inventory. Set minimum production run. Run the campaign for 30 days. Successful volumes get produced (or up to Top X number of funded items). Prepaid. No returns + Immediate shipping=no carried inventory. Win-win. People thus vote with their money.

examples:
    All halcyon packing cubes (forms, parts, materials exist)
    Original Shop Bags
    Discontinued packing cubes sizes for yeoman, pilot, etc.
    Smart Alec in very limited color combinations (if parts exist)
    I'd love to see yeoman cubes come back.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Winnipeg, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Nikís Minimalist Wallet, and itís works great for cards and cash, but it doesnít help me with coins. My ideal wallet would be kind of a hybrid of a mini Clear Organizer Pouch and a Pocket Pouch - basically the mini COP (for coins and folded bills), with a pocket sewn on to the back (for cards).

Forum Member
    Minnesota
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A dark-colored PCSB-sized shoulder bag in a non-black dark color. Adding a dark 210d ballistic color would do it, as would making a PCSB-sized bag in 525d ballistic or 400d Halcyon. (Bonus points if it has some internal organization, like a big Side Kick or a small Daylight Briefcase.)

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to try the daylight briefcase in white grid halcyon before it retires

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Me too" on the many requests for the Night Flight to return, or perhaps better, a slightly larger version (Road Buddy 22?). When its retirement was announced I bought an RB36 hoping it might fill that need, but it's just too big to be used like a personal item.

Also I will never stop asking for Solar to come back.

Forum Member
    Mateh Binyamin, Israel
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A larger wallet for those of us who want a) a place to put coins and b) to carry unfolded bills (how can you know how much money you have if your bills are folded and stuffed into a tiny pocket?)

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    "Me too" on the many requests for the Night Flight to return, or perhaps better, a slightly larger version (Road Buddy 22?). When its retirement was announced I bought an RB36 hoping it might fill that need, but it's just too big to be used like a personal item.

Also I will never stop asking for Solar to come back.
    I will always add my support to a NFTD/RB successor......I love these bags but often the NFTD is a bit too restrictive and the RB36 too big. The Mini & Small Yeomans are good for the size but a little bit too unorganised! But I do love and use them all!!!!!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby View Post
    A larger wallet for those of us who want a) a place to put coins and b) to carry unfolded bills (how can you know how much money you have if your bills are folded and stuffed into a tiny pocket?)
    Yes, please!!
    What's better than o-rings? More o-rings.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now there is a 38 liter, 3 compartment Monster Truck. How about a 2 compartment Monster Bucket Truck able to hold two 5 gallon pails? (10 gallons is 38 liters)

Lots of tools (sharper, dirtier, greasier) don't work well with fabric. The common recycled 5 gallon pail just work so well in the field, garden, house, and wherever. The truck gives it better carry handles. Beyond pails, would work well for sleeping bags, blankets, laundry, recycling, picked fruit, compost pails, etc. Add a little TB magic and make the center divider able to be opened for full width carry of longer items or full load of laundry.
    Last edited by organicfarmer; 11-27-2019 at 08:28 AM.

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KAB View Post
    I will always add my support to a NFTD/RB successor......I love these bags but often the NFTD is a bit too restrictive and the RB36 too big. The Mini & Small Yeomans are good for the size but a little bit too unorganised! But I do love and use them all!!!!!
    I would love to see the Night Flight variation that someone else here suggested, with internal zippers (like the Aeronauts have) to allow the main compartment to encroach on the end compartments. I was impressed with myself for getting almost everything I needed for my Thanksgiving trip into a NFTD (not counting my laptop*, which I threw into a DLBP) but it would have been easier for me to make good use of the space if I'd had that little extra bit more flexibility between the compartments. But I wonder if that would interfere with the bag's structural stability? I don't think so, but I'm not the bag-making expert!

*Also not counting the Road Duffel 36 which held the DLBP, presents for family, and TB items from this debut to try out... On the trip back I won't have the presents or the Road Duffel, and the TB debut items will fit into the DLBP along with the laptop.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add an external phone pocket to the Travel Cubelet similar to the Pika's phone compartment.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They mentioned next year SE, SK, and Cafe bags in the new 630d recycled fabrics... so now of course, I want the DLBC, 3DOCs, PCSB, and Shop Bags in the new fabrics too!

I'm going to need a Monster Truck just to store it all...
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Medium zip-top shop bag. 22 litres?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    They mentioned next year SE, SK, and Cafe bags in the new 630d recycled fabrics... so now of course, I want the DLBC, 3DOCs, PCSB, and Shop Bags in the new fabrics too!

I'm going to need a Monster Truck just to store it all...
    Oooh. I hadn't been thinking that far ahead yet. Yes, Seapine everything!
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me too on the 3DOC in the new colors, especially seapine. 3DOCs and, to a lesser extent, travel trays are my major Tom Bihn collectibles. They're a great way to try out new colors before buying larger items and I can easily find uses for all of them (no worry about a try-carefully/possibly-pay-to-return process). I often use a 3DOC as a mini cross-body bag and it quickly becomes obvious to me which colors I'd be comfortable carrying around, in larger form, on a regular basis. I naturally feel that all new fabrics/colors should make their debuts on at least the 3DOC. Big Grin

I have a couple of old nylon bags that I use as shoe bags. It may be too specific, but I'd love to have a cross between a travel stuff sack and a travel laundry stuff sack to use for a pair of shoes -- opening on just one end and with a lengthwise floating divider to separate the two shoes. With the divider pushed out of the way it would be just like a slightly larger travel stuff sack.

Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 LastLast