Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 LastLast

Thread: 2019 wish list

Forum Member
    Buffalo, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would absolutely LOVE if when the Synik got a guide edition, it was available in the 22L size instead of just the 30L. It would be an insta-buy for me.

Germany
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Spiff Kit in Logic Blue!

Forum Member
    UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Icon in Nordic Halcyon or any new 400 halcyon colour other than black.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the new recycled nylon fabric, its colors, and the contrast colored zippers.

Any chance the Sidekick will be made in these?

Germany
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    I love the new recycled nylon fabric, its colors, and the contrast colored zippers.

Any chance the Sidekick will be made in these?
    At the end of the blog post about the debut were some FAQs - they said they were planning to offer more bags like the Side Effect, Side Kick, and Cafe Bags in 630d in early 2020. Not with colored zippers though, those ore only for the Icon and GWOPs.

Forum Member
    Virginia USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want a few small external o-rings that can be used to to clip a small s-biner from zipper to o-ring, especially for the left and bottom pockets.

When I travel in crowds, I like to s-biner “lock” some of my pockets with valuables. It’s not enough to keep out a determined pock-pocket but it will slow down others. Sometimes in really crowded places like an airport, I’ll use a luggage lock.

You can use a small s-biner to lock down the right side and upper middle pockets to each other, or the main compartment zips. But the left and bottom pockets don’t have an easy way to lock down. Sadly, the left pocket is where I most want to carry my wallet since I’m a natural “off the right shoulder” gal.
    Bags - S25 (Mars Red balistic/Northwest sky/halcyon), S19 (Deep blue balistic/Iberian/halcyon). S22 (Aubergine)SCB (Nordic)
    Accessories - including Nik's #4 wallets, ghost whales, Q-kits, pouches, stuff sacks, travel trays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh dearest Santa and baby Jesus, please please PLEASE come out with a Synik 25.

Please! The 22 is too small for a 15" laptop and the 30 is just...massive on my 5'5" frame.

That would be an insta-buy. I bought both the Synik 22 and 30 and was broken-hearted when i realized that 22 is too small for my work issued laptop and the 30 is huge (and quite heavy) on me.
    Last edited by briefbriefs; 12-11-2019 at 11:18 AM.

Forum Member
    Minnesota
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forums, @briefbriefs!

I'm sorry to hear that the Syniks didn't work for you. For what it's worth, my "Synik or no" decision was similar: 22 doesn't fit my work laptop, 30 is larger than I want to deal with.
    You posted in the right place, and I think there have been several mentions of people looking for an 18-inch-tall Synik in the 25-26 liter range.

I hope you hang around and continue to enjoy the forums!

Forum Member
    Virginia USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by briefbriefs View Post
    Oh dearest Santa and baby Jesus, please please PLEASE come out with a Synik 25.

I bought both the Synik 22 and 30 and was broken-hearted when i realized that 22 is too small for my work issued laptop and the 30 is huge (and quite heavy) on me.
    Did you try the Synapse 25? This was my original bag and is still the one I use when I have a larger load that includes my 13" laptop and other stuff that needs space. I originally purchased a cache for it. Then later, I purchased a thin neoprene case from Amazon for use with my S22 and like it better than the cache which is really thick.
    Bags - S25 (Mars Red balistic/Northwest sky/halcyon), S19 (Deep blue balistic/Iberian/halcyon). S22 (Aubergine)SCB (Nordic)
    Accessories - including Nik's #4 wallets, ghost whales, Q-kits, pouches, stuff sacks, travel trays.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if it would be possible to make a modified Luggage Tag with the First and Second Aid Kit fabric and Logo and two little fabric ears (like the ones on Nick's Wallet), the real name is a small webbing loop, on each side.

One replacing the the handle and an extra one on the "bottom" of the Luggage Tag.

The size would be perfect for a portable list of allergens like foods, substances and medications. the list would replace or be in addition the insert with the plane logo that contains personal info.

The side "ears"/ small webbing loops, would enable someone to slip a length of Cord Zipper Pulls, Cord (5 Yards) 180" / 4572 mm, and tie it to size.

Here comes the justification for buying that UV length of Cord Pull, I always wanted.

I also thought that for children or very active people or, on travel, securing a Sternum Strap in the fabric "ears"/webbing loop, would be nice.

In that case the fabric used for the webbing loop would have to be made of the inside strip of fabric on the backpacks straps which secure the Sternum Strap.

I have probably seen too many ER reports, where injured and sick people are too groggy and disoriented, to remember their allergies, blood type, and other necessary info.

The "emergency bracelets" are flimsy and most probably made with cheap/contact allergy metals, so not an option.

In the meantime, I'll wear the Luggage Tag, with an allergies' list, on my person.
    Last edited by backpack; 12-12-2019 at 02:41 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post

The "emergency bracelets" are flimsy and most probably made with cheap/contact allergy metals, so not an option.
    This may not satisfy all that you're looking for, but I use RoadID
    https://www.roadid.com/

Basically, they are small engraved aluminum plates that you can order as bracelet, 'dog tags', shoe tag, etc.

I have one bracelet and a couple of the shoe tags (I leave them 'installed' on my hiking & walking shoes). You need laces for the shoe tags to work correctly. I go off for walks/hikes by myself all the time and it's a layer of safety that I find useful.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Virginia USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recommend medical IDs by Lauren’s Hope for folks in the US.

https://www.laurenshope.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When the Side Kick is made in Seapine or the new dark green 525 ballistic, can the interior be UV and not NWS? This is my NFTD in Forest/UV. I think it's a beautiful combi.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much, G42 and KathyH, for sharing the links and your respective experiences with the products!

The problem is that they both use metal engraving, unless it is pure gold or silver, metal is problematic and having info engraved means sharing them with the ID maker. On either website, I haven't seen anything about privacy and never sharing info with a third party, they might even sub-contract the engraving.

A fabric alternative, like the modified Luggage Tag with First and Second Aid Kit Logo, would enable the info to be printed at home, on a business card or on a label, even plain paper cut to size. It could be modified when needed (change of address, conditions modifications, multilingual or/and country specific info) and most importantly kept private, until an emergency arises.
    Last edited by backpack; 12-13-2019 at 05:13 AM.

Forum Member
    Brooklyn, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by panda2mama View Post
    When the Side Kick is made in Seapine or the new dark green 525 ballistic, can the interior be UV and not NWS? This is my NFTD in Forest/UV. I think it's a beautiful combi.
    Emphatic co-sign to this. The Green/Purple combo is breathtaking.

Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 LastLast